Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List of IPs & database lookup Post 302300369 by hazno on Tuesday 24th of March 2009 03:04:25 AM
Old 03-24-2009
Dont worry about this. I took out the while loop and its working as expected now.

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to list a directory & file

Good day every body, Iv've been given a list of files and directory requested by the Auditor's. My problem is how do i list the file with the permission given and also save the file into text.file so that i can passed the result/oucome to them?? Thanks alot guys!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List & While Loop

I want to store a set of string values in a 1-D array and then iterate the list by using a loop. Please help this dummy:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ngagemaniac
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup in a list

I have a list of ids and a master list. I need to display entries from the master list matching ids in the first list. The master list is space delimited, id is 1st field. $ cat id_list 2010 7 51 $ cat master_list 1 one detail1 detail2 2 two detail1 avg1 detail2 avg2 ... etc ... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems using join for simple database lookup

I am trying to get a script working that will perform a simple database lookup using the join command. Here are the two files that I am trying to join: % cat lookup1.txt Number_1 Other_data_a Number_5 Other_data_b Number_8 Other_data_c Number_10 Other_data_d % cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonHamm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a list of IPs

Hello, I have a dump of IPs (around 2 million) and i need to filter out(delete) 37 IPs from this list. Here is a short list of IPs that i would need deleted 111.111.xxx.xxx 123.123.xxx.xxx 127.x.x.x 98.20.xx.xxx 10.135.xxx.xxx 11.105.xxx.xx 100.100.xxx.xxx 101.xxx.xx.xxx ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: senormarquez
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Ips from a list file

Hi Everyone, I typed a command: awk '{ print $1}' $LOGFILE | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr > $DEST/a.txt And I got file a.txt which show 6 1.1.1.1 3 2.2.2.2 2 3.3.3.3 1 4.4.4.4 Just now, I want to get exact ips which has first column > 5 to a file b.txt. In this situation, the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: testcase
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping a list of words from one file in a master database of homophones

Hello, I am sorry if the title is confusing, but I need a script to grep a list of Names from a Source file in a Master database in which all the homophonic variants of the name are listed along with a single indexing key and store all of these in an output file. I need this because I am testing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies

9. AIX

Get List of users+IPs

Hello! We have an AIX box (6.3), we are looking for a way to get list of logged in users and their IP. The issue we have is running who -ub shows hostname and we are wanting to get the ip. Any suggestions of ideas? Thanks in advance for any help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: entropy1980
4 Replies
foreach(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							foreach(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
foreach - Iterate over all elements in one or more lists SYNOPSIS
foreach varname list body foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The foreach command implements a loop where the loop variable(s) take on values from one or more lists. In the simplest case there is one loop variable, varname, and one list, list, that is a list of values to assign to varname. The body argument is a Tcl script. For each element of list (in order from first to last), foreach assigns the contents of the element to varname as if the lindex command had been used to extract the element, then calls the Tcl interpreter to execute body. In the general case there can be more than one value list (e.g., list1 and list2), and each value list can be associated with a list of loop variables (e.g., varlist1 and varlist2). During each iteration of the loop the variables of each varlist are assigned consecutive values from the corresponding list. Values in each list are used in order from first to last, and each value is used exactly once. The total number of loop iterations is large enough to use up all the values from all the value lists. If a value list does not contain enough elements for each of its loop variables in each iteration, empty values are used for the missing elements. The break and continue statements may be invoked inside body, with the same effect as in the for command. Foreach returns an empty string. EXAMPLES
The following loop uses i and j as loop variables to iterate over pairs of elements of a single list. set x {} foreach {i j} {a b c d e f} { lappend x $j $i } # The value of x is "b a d c f e" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. The next loop uses i and j to iterate over two lists in parallel. set x {} foreach i {a b c} j {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j } # The value of x is "a d b e c f {} g" # There are 4 iterations of the loop. The two forms are combined in the following example. set x {} foreach i {a b c} {j k} {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j $k } # The value of x is "a d e b f g c {} {}" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. SEE ALSO
for(n), while(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
foreach, iteration, list, looping Tcl foreach(n)