Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strip part from filename
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Strip part from filename Post 302299960 by cv313x on Sunday 22nd of March 2009 03:51:51 PM
Old 03-22-2009
Thanks for this quick answer. Can you explain me in detail what sed do in this case?I know sed for is basic function, substitution only. I like to understand this complex command.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip extention from filename

Hey, How to strip the extention from filename? MY_XML.xml -> MY_XML MY_TEST_FILE.txt -> MY_TEST_FILE HELLO_WORLD.xls -> HELLO_WORLD Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

part of a filename

Hi, I need to extract only a part of the filenames of some files. The files are named this way : .tap_profile_SIT02 I want the "SIT02" part, which is not the same for each file. I was able to get what I want with bash, but not with ksh. Here is the command I used in bash : find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

detecting the part of a filename

I like to have the date in the 2008-09-01 format at the beginning of my filenames. I then hyphenate after that and then have my filename. I have a script that creates this for me. However, I may be working on files that already have the date format already in there and so I don't want to have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to strip off the leading filename from 'wc -l' command

Hi... can anyone please tell how do i strip off the leading filename from the wc -l command.... when i fire command wc -l new1 ... its giving output as 14 new1 i want the output as just '14'... i need to use this value in the calculations in the later part of the script..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap21783
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting part of a filename

Hi All, I'm trying to get part of a filename and my skill with regular expression are lacking. I know I need to use SED but have no idea how to use it. I'm hoping that someone can help me out. The file names would be: prefix<partwewant>suffix.extension the prefix and suffix are always 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the some part in filename

Hi All, I have the file & name is "/a/b/c/d/e/xyz.dat" I need "/a/b/c/d/e/" from the above file name. I tryning with echo and awk. But it not come. Please help me in this regard. Thanks & Regards, Dathu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

8. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the part of a filename

Hi, I am writing an ebuild for Gentoo Linux operating system. Writing an ebuild is about Bash scripting where I am a newbie. So, my ebuild must find a part of a specific filename. Such a filaname my look like this: libvclient_release_x64.so.740and I must to find the number at the and of... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: csanyipal
18 Replies
fixnt(1)							      Debian								  fixnt(1)

NAME
fixnt - Filter for the Windows NT postscript printer driver. SYNOPSIS
fixnt < BADFILE.ps > GOODFILE.ps DESCRIPTION
The Windows NT postscript driver has a tendency to make broken postscript files, that are incompatible with psutils. fixnt is a filter that fixes these problems, allowing the use of psnup(1). The filter takes the broken postscript file on stdin, and outputs a fixed postscript file on stdout. It has no other form for invocation and takes no options on the command-line. OPTIONS
fixnt takes no options. BUGS
fixnt does not check for NTPSOct94. For a workaround, use a sed(1) command to replace 'NTPSOct94' with 'NTPSOct95', like so: sed 's/NTPSOct94/NTPSOct95/g' This is particularly important for Windows NT 3.5 users. AUTHOR
fixnt was written by Holger Bauer <Holger.Bauer@topmail.de>, Michael Rath <rath@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>, and Akim Demaille <demaille@inf.enst.fr>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to the Authors, but avoid sending large postscript files. Patches are always welcome; send to <bauer@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>. SEE ALSO
psnup(1), sed(1) a2ps February 2003 fixnt(1)