Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need some explain about this script Post 302299894 by cfajohnson on Sunday 22nd of March 2009 01:00:38 AM
Old 03-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellsh
Dear Member,
i need help in this script
filename_DD_MM_YYYY_HHMMSS.log
this is the log file format
i need to split this name to three variables
1 variables contain filename
2 variables contain _DD_MM_YYY_
3 variables contains HHMMSS

and print the three variables
thanks for you attention

There's no need for an external command:

Code:
name=filename_DD_MM_YYYY_HHMMSS.log
filename=${name%%_*}
temp=${name#"$filename"_}
ddmm=${temp%_*}
temp=${temp#*"$ddmm"_}
hhmmss=${temp%.log}

printf "Filename = %s\n" "$filename"
printf "   DD_MM = %s\n" "$ddmm"
printf "  HHMMSS = %s\n" "$hhmmss"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to explain script

dear all, can anyone help me to explain all the commands in the .profile bourne shell below ? really appreciate ur help. PLEASE. 1 2 # @(#) $Revision: 72.2 $ 3 4 # Default user .profile file (/usr/bin/sh initialization). 5 6 # Set up the terminal: 7 if 8 then 9 eval ` tset -s -Q -m... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ykchua
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

explain me this shell script ...

currentSid=${TWO_TASK:-$ORACLE_SID} echo $currentSid this script returns value of ORACLE_SID but what i am not getting is what is ":-" doing ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone explain a bubble sort in Krn script to me?

See topic. I need to understand how it works before i start to work on a program anyone have any resources or the time to explain it thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluesilo
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Pl explain the shell script code

if then ROLLBACK=1 ; elif then echo "Nothing to install!" ; echo "Exiting." ; exit 0; Plz explaing what is the ${1:-0} in if loop?:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrikanth
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can help me explain this script?

Hi expert Can help me explain this script? myFile="./File" myCell="" while do read myCell || break echo "" echo "***************************" echo "$myCell" echo "***************************" done < $myFile this is ksh. Can help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vincyoxy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain this AWK script plz

Hi frnds, one my frnds has given resolution for my problem as below. it working great , but i couldnt understand somethings in the script. Why ++ operator after the function calling. how these each block working. will each run for each input line sequencially or one block for all the lines... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you please explain what this script does?

I am trying to figure out what this script does. Can someone help? delt_file=`diff /transfer/adx/tey_header.txt /transfer/adx/tey_header_yesterdy.txt` if ] ; then touch /transfer/adx/lrstb028_ctl2.ctl else if test -f "/transfer/adx/lrstb028_ctl2_2.ctl" ; then touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chamajid
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

explain while loop in ksh shell script

#!/bin/ksh log=ABCl log=EFG log=HIJ i=0 while <------ what is the meaning of ($i - lt 3) do print ${log} (( i=i+1 )) done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bperl1967
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain this shell script code.

Hi i am new to shell script can any one please explain me the code below which is written for execution of python scripts which are located in same folder. please explain the code line by line ls *.py > xx while do read myline || break python $myline done<xx Thanks Mukthyar.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mukthar1255
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can someone explain shift command in script?

think using shift would help me finish my script but cant get it work without your help. would appreciate if you give me a example with shift & counter in the same script so I can later work on that to my one. Thanks and Good Luck! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: me.
1 Replies
cmannotifyd(8)						     CMAN Notification Daemon						    cmannotifyd(8)

NAME
cmannotifyd - CMAN Notification Daemon SYNOPSIS
cmannotifyd [-f] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The cmannotifyd daemon talks to CMAN and provides a mechanism to notify external entities about cluster changes. CMAN dispatches 3 kind of notifications: - CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN when cman requests to all clients if it is allowed to shutdown. - CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE when cman detects a node joining or leaving the cluster. - CMAN_REASON_CONFIG_UPDATE when a configuration change event has been detected/requested. These notifications are then dispatched to the shell script cman_notify in the environment variable CMAN_NOTIFICATION. cman_notify will then execute all the scripts in the configured notification directory (default: /etc/cluster/cman-notify.d) passing a very minimal set of envvars including, of course, the CMAN_NOTIFICATION= type. The execution order is set by the filename as shown by "LC_ALL=C ls -las". cmannotifyd logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cmannotifyd.log). cman_notify logs are stored in the default log file (/var/log/cluster/cman_notify.log). By default the output from the scripts executed by cman_notify is redirected to /dev/null. Users can either set CMAN_NOTIFICATION_DEBUG=1 in their environment or set proper debug configura- tion in cluster.conf to redirect scripts output to the cman_notify log file. NOTES
cmannotifyd does not block on cman_notify nor check the exit status of the script. Notifications are dispatched in the same order as they arrive, one by one. CMAN_REASON_TRY_SHUTDOWN is passed to scripts for information only, they can not influence cman's decsion about whether or not to shut down. CMAN_REASON_STATECHANGE also implies CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM exported in the environment. CMAN_NOTIFICATION_QUORUM will be set to 1 (when the node is part of a quorate cluster) or 0 (otherwise). A template for cman_notify scripts can be found in the doc/ directory. OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork / daemonize). -d Enable debug output. November 2008 cmannotifyd(8)