Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ending a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ending a script Post 302299891 by cfajohnson on Sunday 22nd of March 2009 12:53:34 AM
Old 03-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejreading
sometimes I will have to enter q twice.

Something you haven't posted is also reading the standard input.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ending Mail

hello, I a problem. I would like write script in True64 Unix.see below. last testerkl | head > mailfile.asc wolteru < mailfile.asc With the "last" command I get a list when testerkl logged on. And I would like to send this to a user. But how can I write in a "ctrl.-d" and "ctrl.-c" that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh not ending (sometimes) from inside a script, why?

Okay I have this script file that runs from cron and most the time it works just find. Except every so often one of the three ssh commands I have in it just doesn't know it's done and that of course causes the whole thing to hang! The ssh command has executed. I can tell this because the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stilllooking
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File- Ending

Hi folks! I'm new in this forum and in the UNIX-world too!! I've got a real problem: I have to read out datas like name and e-mail-adress from a Windows- Server from the active directory and put this information into a file. This file should be moved (or copied) on a Unix- Server... But I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spikylina
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending script after a specified time.

Hi All, I am having a script, which run fine. But what I want to do is that the script should run for specified time and terminate then ( say for a minute). Can somebody help me for this. I would be greatful. Thanks, Aru (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending script at specific time.

Hello Everybody.. I've written the script that kick off through CRON job and kill itself by specific time. I've start time and end time specify in env file. i.e START_TIME=1500 (03:00 PM) END_TIME=0600 (06:00 AM) It always works good if my START_TIME is before midnight and my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirav_soni
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed in script creates output file ending with '?' (^M)

Hi, I'm trying to use sed within a shell script (bash, running ubuntu). The command works fine from the command line, but when I use it within the script, rather than creating a file with the name I've specified, it creates one that ends with a question mark '?' when you use ls, e.g.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennykay
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script abruptly ending due to ssh command

Below UNIX script abruptly ends while reading second line from file. When I comment 'ssh' command the script works as expected. I think I will have to run ssh command in a different process, but haven't got a handle yet as regards to how to do that. Any help in resolving this problem is highly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeeteshkc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repetitive ending of script

Hi, I am quit satisfied with this scrtipt and really don't want to change anything but the end. I get a repetitve option when I want to "quit" and don't know why. What am I missing? When I press q to quit with this script, I get an EXTRA "Enter " How do I correct this so that when I press... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jefferj54
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

School ending Script

Hello beautiful people, I would like to kindly ask you to help me with my school leaving project. Unfortunatelly due to family problems I felt into trouble and I am on able to finish my project due to schedule. I would like to ask you to review this script and give me any hints that you could.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerda
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check line end not ending with comma

I have several line in a text file. for example I like apple; I like apple I like orange; Output: I like apple I try to useif grep -q "!\;$"; then (Not work) Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, and code segments (as required by forum rules). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmdcmd
1 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux