Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Hardware error in Netra 440 server Post 302299530 by incredible on Friday 20th of March 2009 10:13:40 AM
Old 03-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lid-j-one
how can u know that u have all permission with your admin acount ? this is probabelly the problem
This got nothing to do with the hardware errors that you get

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

FRU information for a Netra CP30609(blade server)

Hi, I'm trying to get cpu fru information for a Netra CP3060 machine. I used prtdiag to get some info. prtconf does not help much for cpu's all it says is something like this:cpu (driver not attached). I need to find out the manufacture date,location, sun part no, etc. I used prtfru -c on an N-440... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mk2339
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to reset SC admin password in Netra T2000 server?

I have one Sun Netra T2000 Server. The ALOM SC admin password of this server is not known. Could you anyone help and tell me how can i reset the SC admin account password?? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_shet
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

need some hardware for netra t1

guys - not sure where to post this one but i figured this was the likely spot. i need a sun dvd slimline for netra t1. hcl matrix has this for production/manufac. number: X7288A / 540-5014. anyone have a good spot to get this stuff? does anyone have an extra laying around to sell? i hate going... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Questions & helps regarding Netra 1280 server

Hello Everybody I want to that can we configure hardware domain on netra 1280 server as I could not able to find any document regarding this server. If yes could anyone send me link regarding this. I could not able find any proper document related to LOM. Could any provide me the link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Netra V440 & Netra 1290 keyswitch

Hello, I wrote a script which monitor the keyswitch state repeatedly each 10 minutes. I'm extracting the keyswitch status by using prtdiag. The script works fine for Netra v440 , but I found that prtdiag under Netra 1290 don't give keyswitch status. unlike Netra 440 server , I found that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

6. Solaris

netra 440 - alom connection appears dead?

Hi All, I'm trying to telnet to my alom port, as I need to drop the box & carry out some changes in single user. But the connection appears to be dead. I get this far: Connected to server1-co Escape character is '^]'. and the connection just appears to hang there. I can ssh to the box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badoshi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

set-tmp-permission service is not running in Netra CCMP3060 blade server

In my Solaris 10 - Netra CP3060, the following particular script is not running: lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S00set-tmp-permissions lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S07set-tmp-permissions Above script is to set the default permission of /tmp & /var/tmp while rebooting if it found any inconsistencies. I changed the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
4 Replies

8. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

9. Solaris

part number for netra 440 dvd w

Hi i am accessing the server remotly. i want to replace bad dvd writer. how do i know the part number of the dvd drive for raising a spare. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Netra 440 maintenance light on

Hi All, I hope I'm posting this in the right forum, apologies if not. I have a Netra 440 server which has been showing an amber maintenance light for some time now. It first appeared when I upgraded the memory modules, but the new memory is working fine. All other components seem OK and the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DouggieC
10 Replies
NDBOOTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NDBOOTD(8)

NAME
ndbootd -- Sun Network Disk (ND) Protocol server SYNOPSIS
ndbootd [-s boot2] [-i interface] [-w windowsize] [-d] boot1 DESCRIPTION
ndbootd is a server which supports the Sun Network Disk (ND) Protocol. This protocol was designed by Sun before they designed NFS. ND sim- ply makes the raw blocks of a disk available to network clients. Contrast this with the true namespace and file abstractions that NFS pro- vides. The only reason you're likely to encounter ND nowadays is if you have an old Sun 2 machine, like the 2/120 or 2/50. The Sun 2 PROMs can only use ND to boot over the network. (Later, the Sun 3 PROMs would use RARP and TFTP to boot over the network.) ndbootd is a very simple ND server that only supports client reads for booting. It exports a disk that the clients consider to be /dev/ndp0 (ND public unit zero). The disk is available only to clients that are listed in /etc/ethers and have valid hostnames. (Sun 2 PROMs don't do RARP, but they do learn their IP address from the first ND response they receive from the server.) boot1 is a file containing the mandatory first-stage network boot program, typically /usr/mdec/bootyy. The layout of the exported disk is: o block 0: normally a Sun disklabel (but ignored by the PROM) o blocks 1-15: the first-stage network boot program With the -s boot2 option, ndbootd will also make a second-stage network boot program available to clients, typically /usr/mdec/netboot. When boot2 is a filename, that file is the single second-stage network boot program to be served to all clients. When boot2 is a directory name, typically /tftpboot, ndbootd finds a client's second-stage network boot program by turning its IP address into a filename in that directory, in the same manner later Sun 3 PROMs do when TFTPing (i.e., if a client has IP address 192.168.1.10, ndbootd expects to find /tftpboot/C0A8010A.SUN2 ). When used in this last manner with an ND-aware first-stage boot program, ndbootd serves the same purpose in the Sun 2 netboot process as tftpd(8) serves in the Sun 3 netboot process. Any second-stage network boot program always begins at block 16 of the exported disk, regardless of the length of the first-stage network boot program. All first- and second-stage network boot programs must have all executable headers stripped off; they must be raw binary programs. The remaining options are: -i interface Only listen for ND clients on interface interface. Normally ndbootd listens for clients on the first non-loopback IP interface that is up and running. -w windowsize This adjusts the window size of the ND protocol. This is the number of 1-kilobyte packets that can be transmitted before waiting for an acknowledgement. Defaults to 6. -d Run in debug mode. Debugging output goes to standard error and the server will not fork. FILES
/etc/ethers /etc/hosts SEE ALSO
tftpd(8) BUGS
Whether or not there is a second-stage network boot program, the exported disk appears to all clients to have infinite length. The content of all blocks not used by the first- or second-stage network boot programs is undefined. All client reads of undefined blocks are silently allowed by the server. BSD
May 9, 2001 BSD