Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No Manual Entry
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting No Manual Entry Post 302299510 by salil2012 on Friday 20th of March 2009 09:15:59 AM
Old 03-20-2009
thanks vgersh99
what do you mean by utility? Does it means some iostat packages has not been installed on my server?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No manual entry for

I don't seem to be able to get man pages up for any command. When I try the "No manual entry for..." message is displayed. When checking my $MANPATH variable I get the following /opt/SUNconn/man: However, when I check this directory it doesn't exist. Searching for any man directories results... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FattyLumpkin
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

no manual entry for awk

Hi, there is no manual entry for awk? how can i make the awk works? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanshine
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NDM manual

Hi, Can any of you tell me how to get this ndm manual stuff? I need it to know specific error ids and descriptions Thanks, Vinodhini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodhini4
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a manual task

I have an ASCII file that I receive on a monthly bases that is fixed length. I break the file into separate files based on a 5 character numerical sequence. I have 20 different sequences I have to find. the input file looks something like this xy-ins 2008yuthnrlsinrthsntwilgrha33260001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting a manual

I'm sure it's really easy, but I have searched on Google and on the forums and haven't found anything. For instance, if I open the grep manual (man grep), I can't close it. I've tried ctrl+c, ctrl+x, scrolling to the bottom of the manual. How can I exit the manual without closing the shell? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennis89
8 Replies

6. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Set password in bash script without manual entry-Solaris 10

Hi I have a root script which is setting up user and his dirs and so on. After I create user and set up all the necessary I have to manually set user password. I try all possible ways what google find me and nothing works for me. If maybe one of you have a solution for my problem it will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jaffakeks
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Manual software installation

Hi everyone, As you probably have guessed from the title, I am totally new to the Linux world. I am trying to get a program called Quantum to run. From what I could gather while reading on-line, programs in Linux usually come in packages. It this case however, I only have the archive with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vy4kov
10 Replies
IOSTAT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 IOSTAT(1)

NAME
iostat - report I/O statistics SYNOPSIS
iostat [ drives ] [ interval [ count ] ] DESCRIPTION
Iostat iteratively reports the number of characters read and written to terminals per second, and, for each disk, the number of transfers per second, kilobytes transferred per second, and the milliseconds per average seek. It also gives the percentage of time the system has spent in user mode, in user mode running low priority (niced) processes, in system mode, and idling. To compute this information, for each disk, seeks and data transfer completions and number of words transferred are counted; for terminals collectively, the number of input and output characters are counted. Also, each sixtieth of a second, the state of each disk is examined and a tally is made if the disk is active. From these numbers and given the transfer rates of the devices it is possible to determine average seek times for each device. The optional interval argument causes iostat to report once each interval seconds. The first report is for all time since a reboot and each subsequent report is for the last interval only. The optional count argument restricts the number of reports. If more than 4 disk drives are configured in the system, iostat displays only the first 4 drives, with priority given to Massbus disk drives (i.e. if both Unibus and Massbus drives are present and the total number of drives exceeds 4, then some number of Unibus drives will not be displayed in favor of the Massbus drives). To force iostat to display specific drives, their names may be supplied on the command line. FILES
/dev/kmem /vmunix SEE ALSO
vmstat(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 IOSTAT(1)