Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in Unix Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in Unix Script Post 302298689 by joyrules on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 10:07:24 AM
Old 03-18-2009
Error in Unix Script

Hi!
Following is the script to find the number of users and the total space consumed by them in the directory
But I am getting few errors Pls help me
Code:
data=`ls -lt $1 |tr -t [' '] ['\t']|tr -s '\t'|cut -f3,5`

count=0

flag=1

sum=0

users_flag=1

check=0

declare -a users

for a in $data

do

if [ $users_flag -eq 1 ]

then

for ((i = 0; $i <= count; $i++))

do

if [ $a = ${users[$count]} ]

then

flag=0

break

fi

done

if [ $flag  -eq 1 ]

then

users[$count]=$a

count=expr`$count + 1`

echo $a >> userdata

fi

users_flag=0

else

if [ $flag -eq 1 ]

then

for b in $data

do

if [ $check -eq 0 ]

then

if [ $b = $a ]

then 

check=1

fi

else

sum=`expr $sum + $b`

check=0

fi 

done

fi

fi

done

Errors are
q3: 7: declare: not found
q3: 9: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting "do")

Last edited by joyrules; 03-18-2009 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Formatted script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while trying to fire a PL/SQL thro Unix Script

hi , I tried running a PL/SQL script through unix shell script. But am getting the following error. "Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus " Kindly suggest. Regards, Samit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forcefully throwing error : unix script

how can i make one script fail if some condition is not satisfied.i m writing if ..else logic in script.i need some standard command to do that ,, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in Unix Shell Script

I am trying to run a unix script in my home directory.Snippet below echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'` Getting ProductList.dat" if ( -f $DIR/ProductList.dat) then cp $DIR/ProductList.dat MigratedProductList.dat else echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'`ProductList.dat does not exist; Processing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary James
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Error in Script

When i run a script in linux. It shows the following error. 'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: syntax error near unexpected token ` 'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: `Nicsftp() My Script is as follows: #!/bin/bash #### Copyright Notice: #### #### Copyright (c) 2007 Network Intelligence Corporation ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabh.chhabra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in UNIX script

When i run a script in linux. It shows the following error. 'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: syntax error near unexpected token `'icsftpagent.sh: line 114: `Nicsftp() The script is as follows. #!/bin/bash #### Copyright Notice: #### #### Copyright (c) 2007 Network Intelligence Corporation ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sourabh.chhabra
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script error: not found

Hello All, I'm working on one Unix shell sript that will actually extract a column data from Oracle table using sqlplus and writes onto a file. I'm getting this error when executing the shell script: rpt.ksh: ^JScott: not found Below is the code in the shell script: `sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Isql syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Suresh
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Isql and If Exist syntax error in UNIX script

Hello Everyone, Coming again for your help to solve the below error: In a script, i had created a temp table (Temp_table) and loaded the data in it using bcp command (performed successfully) and I wanted to move it to the preferred table (called Main_table) for further use. hence I have added... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suresh
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

Greeting!! I wrote the below script to e-mail me only file names in a specific directory when a file is delayed for some time in a that directory. I am getting unexpected eof error message. I don't want any email if the folder is blank.(if the condition is not met) I am not getting the email at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script error message

I have this UNIX script code with a query to export sql table in Oracle and export to csv file. The code gets the data correctly. However, when I run the script second time, I got the error message "not spooling currently" and shows the older data in csv file. When I delete the csv file and run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
5 Replies
sum(1B) 					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						   sum(1B)

NAME
sum - calculate a checksum for a file SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/sum file... DESCRIPTION
sum calculates and displays a 16-bit checksum for the named file and displays the size of the file in kilobytes. It is typically used to look for bad spots, or to validate a file communicated over some transmission line. The checksum is calculated by an algorithm which may yield different results on machines with 16-bit ints and machines with 32-bit ints, so it cannot always be used to validate that a file has been transferred between machines with different-sized ints. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of sum when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sum(1), wc(1), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Read error is indistinguishable from EOF on most devices; check the block count. NOTES
sum and /usr/bin/sum (see sum(1)) return different checksums. This utility is obsolete. SunOS 5.10 8 Nov 1995 sum(1B)