Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX telnet banner message before login Post 302298677 by vbe on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 09:49:43 AM
Old 03-18-2009
Closed:
see :
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...#post302267786
Quote:
/etc/issue question
when I would like to set message before remote login
how could I do it?。

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet banner

Hi! I have a Tru64 40f box and I am trying to figure out how the banner is displayed after login. Now the sys admin (who is now gone) has a message that is displayed for all users AFTER login. In addition to the /etc/issue and the /etc/motd files another file with a longer message is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdharmap
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove RH telnet Banner

I dont want the kernal info and OP type to come up to every one that logs in to my server. How do I edit the telnet banner to say something different. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing the telnet banner

I don't want SunOS 5.8 to appear when someone logs into my machine... how do I go about changing the banner? I was thumbing through my unix books and I haven't found anything... I'm probably looking under the wrong topic... anyways... any help would be greatly appreciated. (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
20 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet Banner

I need to put a telnet banner on AIX 4.3 and 5.1 servers, so the users can see a warning message before logging into the system. I know /etc/motd will give the message after the login. Basically what I am asking is how do I tell system to read the /etc/issue file on AIX?. Thank you, in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohd
4 Replies

5. Linux

login banner

Hi, I have added in banner in both /etc/banner and /etc/issue.net one by one in Linux but the banner is not displaying while user type username and enter I have restarted the ssh service also Any idea why? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Hp-ux login banner

Hi, How do i create a login banner for hp-ux users. Is there somewhere i can get a step by step explanation? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display banner before login.

How would i force All connection oriented network services to display a legal warning in terms of banner before any fuctional operation by user? ---------- Post updated at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:33 AM ---------- I would like to do this for ssh service first. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

8. AIX

Last login details in banner

Friends!! I need your help. Where can i change/set the last login details as below in aix 5.3. And how to do that to get the results as exactly below login as: mbpops mbpops@xx.28.3.24's password: Last unsuccessful login: Mon Nov 22 14:32:27 GMT 2010 on ssh from 10.132.5.129 Last login:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change banner message for console login?

Hi All, Whenever I login to server via console, after providing username (root) it displays a banner message. I want to remove this message Serverabc : root Welcome to Server !!! Password: It is Centos 5.4 box. I have checked /etc/issue and /etc/motd. It does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
8 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)