Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ping is blocked hwo to check connection Post 302298653 by miojamo on Wednesday 18th of March 2009 08:34:29 AM
Old 03-18-2009
and what about using netstat?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

hwo do I print ' in an awk statment?

hi 2 all, I'm trying 2 print " ' " in an awk statement but the sign deosn't show. The only way I came with is 2 declare the ' as a variable and call that variable. I'm trying 2 do: awk '{printf("insert into ba_memo_01 values ('%s');",$1)}' and get the output: insert into ba_memo_01 values... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraka
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Check SSH Connection .. help ..

I've script where i check connection to many hosts ... it take input from HOSTLIST.txt Ex. cat HOSTLIST.txt host1 host2 while read HOSTNAME do echo $HOSTNAME ssh -o "BatchMode=yes" ${HOSTNAME} "echo 2>&1" $$ echo flag=0 || flag=1; if ; then echo "No SSH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check Internet connection?

I am using SUSE OS and want to check internet connection... I have tried: ping -c3 google.com The output i have got is: Unknown host google.com does it means that i do not have Internet connection?? Or please help me with any Command to find Internet connection? Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ASK] How to check whether ipv4 or ipv6 and ping those IP

I have perl script that I use to check and ping a list of ip, The problem is, I didnt understand how to ping ipv6 on perl, Could I use Ping::External??And how could I get the ping result (reply or not)? This is my code #!/usr/bin/perl -- use Net::Ping; use Data::Validate::IP; use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
3 Replies

5. Programming

TCP connection check

Hi. I am writing client - server application using TCP sockets. I need some very basic functionality, namely: how to check if another "participant" of the connection is still present? I want to handle situations, when client is gone, or server breaks down, etc. (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shang
25 Replies

6. Solaris

PING broken check

Dear All, Required a script which will check the PING response from my source file(tmp/PingStatus.txt) containing the hostnames. If ping response is not responding(i.e when hostname is not alive) then this cmd to be executed : opcmsg object=PING a=OS msg_grp=win-ping severity=critical... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
20 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check sftp connection

Hi All, in our system , the sftp server is continuously up. but suddenly it is brought down. how can i find out the reason behind of these , is their any log files or how can i check the connectvity with sftp. please help me to solve this issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the DB connection through Unix

Hi all, I have written the script to check the connectivity of the Database ,the scripts show me the correct error when i try to give the wrong credential's but it also show Connected and trigger's the child jobs which that should not happen , whenever the connection is not established properly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Is connection possible without ping request

I have a question which is conceptual in nature, is it possible to receive traffic from a remote host to my host machine even if the ping from host to remote machine is not happening in Linux( Red Hat). I hope my question is clear that is it possible for a connection to happen from a host to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RHCE
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check internet connection?

Hello, I need a simple shell script that returns a value if the system is internet connected and a different value if the system is not connected. Can anyone please help? Thanks Daniele (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
3 Replies
netstat-nat(1)						      General Commands Manual						    netstat-nat(1)

NAME
netstat-nat - Show the natted connections on a linux iptable firewall SYNOPSIS
netstat-nat [options] DESCRIPTION
netstat-nat Displays NAT connections managed by netfilter/iptables which comes with the > 2.4.x linux kernels. The program reads its information from '/proc/net/ip_conntrack' or '/proc/net/nf_conntrack', which is the temporary conntrack-storage of netfilter. OPTIONS
-h displays help -n don't resolve IPs/portnumbers to host/portnames -p <protocol> display NAT connections with protocol selection (see /etc/protocols) -s <source host> display connections by source IP/hostname -d <destination host> display connections by destination IP/hostname -S display SNAT connections -D display DNAT connections -L display only connections to NAT box self (doesn't show SNAT & DNAT) -R display only connections routed through the NAT box (doesn't show SNAT & DNAT) -x extended view of hostnames -r <src|dst|src-port|dst-port|state> sort connections -o no output header -N display NAT box connection information (only valid with SNAT & DNAT) -v prints version FILES
/proc/net/ip_conntrack or /proc/net/nf_conntrack SEE ALSO
http://www.tweegy.nl/projects/netstat-nat/ http://www.netfilter.org/ AUTHOR
netstat-nat has been written by D.Wijsman danny@tweegy.nl The manual page has been written by marceln@xs4all.nl July 2002 netstat-nat(1)