Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users loggin remote computer as a super user. Post 302298408 by zius_oram on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 12:17:00 PM
Old 03-17-2009
i want to restrict remote user from using some resources(printer/particular drive/usb/cd-rom on his local machine). how can i do it? i posted in highlevel proggraming and got the answer by jim mcnamara to investigate ACL, but i am not able to do it, please guide me.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP as Super User

How do you FTP as a Super User? I need to send some files into a cgi-bin directory. I can telnet in as a SU but, cannot figure out how to do it with FTP. Thanks, Frank (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbavent
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

reassigning key functions in super user mode

At my old job the TAB key was used in Super User mode rather than the default of the ESC key. I was wondering how to reassign the TAB key so that it acquires the functions of the ESC key. Thanks for the help. -Shana (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lehcar511
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh as super user without password prompt

Dear forum, First off, I'm using Solaris 5.6 UNIX. I'm trying to write a script which will connect to remote computers on a network (by specific IP's from a hosts file) and will run a separate script which is installed in each of the remote computers. My problem is that to run the script in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheMightyUrrrrf
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using awk works only as super user

hi friends, I am a new Sun Solaris 10 user. I have the following script line=$(awk '{if(substr($0,1,1)!="#" && substr($0,1,1)!=";" && substr($0,1,1)!=" " && substr($0,1,1)!="/" && substr($0,1,1)!="*" && substr($0,1,1)!="\\" && length($0)!=0) ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjithin
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

auto login to Super User account

i want to write to script which will login to su account without hving user interaction.( i know Super user password) i wrote following script its also able to log into su account. but seesion gets terminates soon. what can be done ??? or is there any other solution. i don't want to use expect... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anup13
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

currenlty logged in user on remote computer

Hello everyone Does anyone know, if there is a command that tells you who is logged in on remote host? I'm ssh-ing as root to the remote host and then run whoami but that doesn't tells me who is logged in that particular computer instead shows my remote login. Is there a way to do that?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goude
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

loggin in using different user from with in the shell script

Hi, I want to login using different login credentials from with in the shell script. I need to do this so that I can run a second script which can be run using only by that user. eg. #!/bin/bash #login using new user username: password: sh script.bash #logout above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I run command with super user privledge

Hello All, I am working on UNIX like environment. This environment is ported from UNIX. Here when we need to build product set, we need to run some script with super user privledge (which we normal user dont have) Is there any way (some C program or some script) through which any normal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshi123
2 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)