Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HPUX monitoring and alerting script per CPU Post 302298322 by vbe on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 08:55:30 AM
Old 03-17-2009
At that point, is it the top CPU consumer?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring CPU usage on AIX 5.3 with SNMP

Hi I would like to monitor CPU usage ( %) , memory utilization and such on an AIX 5.3 with snmp. How would I do that ? :confused: If I do "snmpwalk -c public -v1 hosttomonitor" I get nothing about the CPU. I've done this on Linux ( not much trouble doing it on linux ) but I'm having a hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU monitoring script

I looking for a very basic, script that monitors the load on the cpu and writes it to a text file. Can anyone help please? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_manic
4 Replies

3. Solaris

monitoring cpu

I have a windows snmp server running prtg. I have a solaris 8 v440R server and only see the network statistics for the server. When I try to add a new service to watch for the CPU, I am not offered the results. There is the default sun.mib installed. SNMPDX is not running but mibiisa is. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csross
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring cpu and memory of the unix box

Hi all, Unix has the TOP and SAR command to monitor machine's performance. Can it be used in a script to alert if the cpu utilization is more than 80 or memory used is more than 90. Is SAR preferable than TOP? Please advise. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. Programming

Solaris CPU/memory status monitoring (Shell script or c++)

i'm trying to find a way to monitor the CPU/Memory status of a solaris station using vmstat. I like to write a small script to periodically run vmstat and store the output. Can anyone show me how (preferrably in C++ if possible)? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shingpui
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Alerting - command or script assistance

Hello! I need some help with grep from various logs we use for monitoring transactions. The logs contain the following information (which is consistent in all of the files): 12:28:33.157 EWY D 1 (tcpip.c:282): tcpip.c: Unable to connect to x.x.x.x on port xxxx. (79) Connection refused ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbchecko
1 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring CPU Usage with SNMP

Can someone please tell me how to calculate the CPU usage from what one gets back from snmpwalk? I have searched and dug through the internet and apparently, no one has the answer to this? i can use snmpwalk to pull out relevant information about cpu. but i have no clue what values are to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

freeBSD CPU monitoring using nagios

Hi all, I am not being able to monitor CPU of freeBSD machine from my CentOS server. I have used check_aix_cpu but always gives garbage value, seems wrong in scripting. i want to monitor CPU usage of my freeBSD machine from my centOS server. I am able to monitor many services of that machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsuwal
0 Replies

10. AIX

CPU monitoring query

Hi all, I am a DBA , I want to take the output of topas command result in every 1minute to write on the output file. If I redirected the file it attached with some control M characters. Nmon and sar commands are not working. only topas working in my AIX environment. Please suggest me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaravelu2006
2 Replies
G_CONSUMER(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     G_CONSUMER(9)

NAME
g_new_consumer, g_destroy_consumer -- GEOM consumers management SYNOPSIS
#include <geom/geom.h> struct g_consumer * g_new_consumer(struct g_geom *gp); void g_destroy_consumer(struct g_consumer *cp); DESCRIPTION
A GEOM consumer is the backdoor through which a geom connects to another GEOM provider and through which I/O requests are sent. The g_new_consumer() function creates a new consumer on geom gp. Before using the new consumer, it has to be attached to a provider with g_attach(9) and opened with g_access(9). The g_destroy_consumer() function destroys the given consumer and cancels all related pending events. This function is the last stage of killing an unwanted consumer. RESTRICTIONS
/CONDITIONS g_new_consumer(): The geom gp has to have an orphan method defined. The topology lock has to be held. g_destroy_consumer(): The consumer must not be attached to a provider. The access count has to be 0. The topology lock has to be held. RETURN VALUES
The g_new_consumer() function returns a pointer to the newly created consumer. EXAMPLES
Create consumer, attach it to given provider, gain read access and clean up. void some_function(struct g_geom *mygeom, struct g_provider *pp) { struct g_consumer *cp; g_topology_assert(); /* Create new consumer on 'mygeom' geom. */ cp = g_new_consumer(mygeom); /* Attach newly created consumer to given provider. */ if (g_attach(cp, pp) != 0) { g_destroy_consumer(cp); return; } /* Open provider for reading through our consumer. */ if (g_access(cp, 1, 0, 0) != 0) { g_detach(cp); g_destroy_consumer(cp); return; } g_topology_unlock(); /* * Read data from provider. */ g_topology_lock(); /* Disconnect from provider (release access count). */ g_access(cp, -1, 0, 0); /* Detach from provider. */ g_detach(cp); /* Destroy consumer. */ g_destroy_consumer(cp); } SEE ALSO
geom(4), DECLARE_GEOM_CLASS(9), g_access(9), g_attach(9), g_bio(9), g_data(9), g_event(9), g_geom(9), g_provider(9), g_provider_by_name(9), g_wither_geom(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
January 16, 2004 BSD