Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: after installation of xp
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions after installation of xp Post 302298224 by ihvarrived on Tuesday 17th of March 2009 03:02:27 AM
Old 03-17-2009
Error Please be more specific

Please be more specific, it's really hard to understand the issue at this moment with the detail u have provided.

Please ignore if issue already resolved.Smilie

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation help

I'm loading my 8 year old computer with the latest version of FreeBSD. The computer specs are 8mb ram, 400mb hard drive, 2xcdrom. I chose the minimilist set of settings. Here's my problem; The installation process just stops cold when I go into the final stages. I use 2 boot floppies to set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crashman0
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installation ?????

I m trying to Install Oracle 8i on Sun Solaris 8.....I have read the installation manuals....everything was ok, but what confused me was directories ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME, u1, u2, u3 ????????????????? Can anybody pls. tell me how many directories should i create, subdirectories and in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ocpguy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installation

Hai Friends How can i instal only the linux kernel in a system. Thanks in advance Collins (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: collins
3 Replies

4. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

5. Linux

OS Installation

Hello, Can anyone suggest me the source for getting the Linux OS, I have done a partitions in my system and dedicated one partition for Linux with the windows. Please suggest me the websites where I can get the s/w. Thankx S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
1 Replies

6. Solaris

OS installation

Hi, Sun ultra enterprise1 supports solaris10i version. Sun ultra enterprise1 supports view sonic 19 inch LCD Monitor. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadeesh
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Installation

what computer minimum specification is required to install Linux? Is it possible to install window vista and Linux together? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshdoranga
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help on installation.

Hi All, Good Morning. I am trying to install solaris 10 in my ultra 10 work station using CD. But i am getting the following error, can anyone helping me on this. ok boot cdrom - install Boot device : /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f File and args: - install Can't read disk label.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 flash installation - fatal error. Solaris installation program exited.

Not very helpful to say the least. Seems to read the flar file and go through the upgrade and then come up with this error. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ISSUE(8)