Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Hardware error in Netra 440 server Post 302297762 by incredible on Sunday 15th of March 2009 06:16:29 AM
Old 03-15-2009
The nvram chip seems to be corrupt.. Are you able to get to the ok> prompt at all? If yes, try a reset-all. set the diag-switch to false and diag-level to min before you do a reset-all. If you cant even get the OBP, I suppose your nvram is gone, need to replace

> H/W under test= Motherboard I2C
this could mean that your system board has died (if you cant even get to the OBP) or a possible nvram corruption

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 03-15-2009 at 07:25 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

FRU information for a Netra CP30609(blade server)

Hi, I'm trying to get cpu fru information for a Netra CP3060 machine. I used prtdiag to get some info. prtconf does not help much for cpu's all it says is something like this:cpu (driver not attached). I need to find out the manufacture date,location, sun part no, etc. I used prtfru -c on an N-440... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mk2339
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to reset SC admin password in Netra T2000 server?

I have one Sun Netra T2000 Server. The ALOM SC admin password of this server is not known. Could you anyone help and tell me how can i reset the SC admin account password?? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_shet
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

need some hardware for netra t1

guys - not sure where to post this one but i figured this was the likely spot. i need a sun dvd slimline for netra t1. hcl matrix has this for production/manufac. number: X7288A / 540-5014. anyone have a good spot to get this stuff? does anyone have an extra laying around to sell? i hate going... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Questions & helps regarding Netra 1280 server

Hello Everybody I want to that can we configure hardware domain on netra 1280 server as I could not able to find any document regarding this server. If yes could anyone send me link regarding this. I could not able find any proper document related to LOM. Could any provide me the link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Netra V440 & Netra 1290 keyswitch

Hello, I wrote a script which monitor the keyswitch state repeatedly each 10 minutes. I'm extracting the keyswitch status by using prtdiag. The script works fine for Netra v440 , but I found that prtdiag under Netra 1290 don't give keyswitch status. unlike Netra 440 server , I found that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

6. Solaris

netra 440 - alom connection appears dead?

Hi All, I'm trying to telnet to my alom port, as I need to drop the box & carry out some changes in single user. But the connection appears to be dead. I get this far: Connected to server1-co Escape character is '^]'. and the connection just appears to hang there. I can ssh to the box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badoshi
1 Replies

7. Solaris

set-tmp-permission service is not running in Netra CCMP3060 blade server

In my Solaris 10 - Netra CP3060, the following particular script is not running: lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S00set-tmp-permissions lrc:/etc/rc2_d/S07set-tmp-permissions Above script is to set the default permission of /tmp & /var/tmp while rebooting if it found any inconsistencies. I changed the file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramnagaraj
4 Replies

8. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

9. Solaris

part number for netra 440 dvd w

Hi i am accessing the server remotly. i want to replace bad dvd writer. how do i know the part number of the dvd drive for raising a spare. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Netra 440 maintenance light on

Hi All, I hope I'm posting this in the right forum, apologies if not. I have a Netra 440 server which has been showing an amber maintenance light for some time now. It first appeared when I upgraded the memory modules, but the new memory is working fine. All other components seem OK and the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DouggieC
10 Replies
bootpquery(1M)															    bootpquery(1M)

NAME
bootpquery - send BOOTREQUEST to BOOTP server SYNOPSIS
haddr [htype] [options] DESCRIPTION
is a diagnostic function used to check the configuration of the Internet Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) server, bootpd(1M). This function can only be run by the superuser, since it uses reserved ports. constructs a boot request with the supplied parameters to send to the BOOTP server, and prints the contents of the BOOTP server reply (as shown in below). Note that formats and prints RFC-1048 or CMU-style vendor information included in the BOOTREPLY. The BOOTREQUEST packet is broadcast on the BOOTP server port, If a BOOTP server is configured to respond to the request, it returns a BOOTREPLY packet on the BOOTP client port, can only display BOOTREPLY packets when the BOOTP server broadcasts the reply on the client port or when the hardware address and IP address supplied in the BOOTREQUEST are those of the host on which is run. The following options provide the information for the BOOTREQUEST: Hardware address of the BOOTP client; used in the BOOTREQUEST. A BOOTP server responds if it has configuration information for a host with this link-level address. Type of address specified as haddr; may be or The default address type is Specify the internet address of the BOOTP client to be used in the BOOTREQUEST. If the BOOTP client does not know its IP address, the BOOTP server supplies it in the BOOTREPLY. Otherwise, the server returns the BOOTREPLY directly to ipaddr. Specify the name of the BOOTP server to receive BOOTREQUEST. When the BOOTP server is known, the BOOTREQUEST is not broadcast. Specify a vendor name to include vendor information in the BOOTREPLAY. vendor can be specified as or For any other vendor specification, the first four characters of the parameter are used as the vendor magic cookie. Specify that should broadcast the reply back. This option is only valid for on the HPUX 10.0 (or later) release(s). Specify a boot file needed by the BOOTP client. If a boot file is specified in the BOOTREQUEST, the BOOTP server responds only if the server host can make the file available. EXAMPLES
/usr/sbin/bootpquery 02608cee018e ether -s hpserver Received BOOTREPLY from hpserver.hp.com (15.9.18.119) Hardware Address: 02:60:8c:ee:01:8e Hardware Type: ethernet IP Address: 15.9.18.113 Boot file: /export/tftpdir/hp-gw2-confg RFC 1048 Vendor Information: Subnet Mask: 255.255.248.0 Bootfile Size: 6 512 byte blocks Domain Name Server: 15.9.18.119 Host Name: hp-gw2 AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
bootpd(1M), tftp(1), tftpd(1M). DARPA Internet Request For Comments RFC951, RFC1048, RFC1084, RFC1395, RFC1542 Assigned Numbers. bootpquery(1M)