Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: boot-archive issue
Operating Systems Solaris boot-archive issue Post 302297692 by incredible on Saturday 14th of March 2009 01:50:29 PM
Old 03-14-2009
after booting with failsafe, mount the rootfs to /mnt
then do "bootadm update-archive /mnt"
umount /mnt
then reboot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up issue

Could somone please tell me what happened when I reboot my computer, it take too long to pass the part it said "starting sendmail" I only changed the server name and when I reboot the server, all of the services are running except when it got to : starting sendmail it take toooo long to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar archive issue

Hi, I make a tar archive: tar -czvf /path_to/cucu.tar.gz /path/dir_to_archive/ In the archive the /path/dir_to_archive/ is maintained for every file. I need that the archive to be made without the /path/dir_to_archive/ to contain only the files in /path/dir_to_archive/. Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

hp-ux 10.20 boot issue

Hello, have HP Visualize C3600 workstation. Issue is as follows: When I attempt to boot, unit will not boot successfully and will halt at a menu, the same menu as when during a boot one hits any key within 10 seconds to discontinue. When I attempt to boot with Boot primary, both with IPL... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: davel1000
17 Replies

4. Solaris

Cannot mount boot archive

hi, I' ve found an error while starting up solaris 10, so I booted in safe mode from grub and modified the menu.lst with vi, to obtain a verbose output of the error. It says failed to readsuperblock diskread reading beyound end of ramdisk start = 0x800 size=0x800 ... ... panic: cannot... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeware
9 Replies

5. Solaris

zfs root flash archive issue

I have created a flash archive from a Ldom on T5220 with zfs root solaris 10_u8. But after creation of flar the info shows the content_architectures=sun4c,sun4d,sun4m,sun4u,sun4us,sun4s but not sun4v due to which i 'm unable to install this flash archive on another Ldom on the same host. Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Boot-archive Problem

I disabled the boot-archive service by using #svcadm disable svc:/system/boot-archive:default then i rebooted my system but i am unable to boot. It throws the following errors CONSOLE LOGIN SERVICE(S) CANNOT RUN then it automatically asked me for the maintenance mode passwd. i logged... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp/untar in parallel issue tar : Unexpected EOF in archive

Hi Guys, I am facing a strange issue while doing parallel (using & for background) scp/untar operation from my unix box to multiple unix boxes... I am getting tar : unexpected EOF in archive error the code is as follows.,,, for i in 10 do sh -c "scp <command> ; ssh tar -xf <tar> -C... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Boot archive file sizes are different on cluster units

Hi experts, I would have a question on boot archive files on solaris10 platform running on T5220 cluster servers. When we check the /platform/sun4v directory , and perform boot archive-list , we see that on both units same files exist. And when we mount the boot archive we see that all files... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
0 Replies

9. Solaris

V100 boot issue

In the server room at my new job, there is a V100 with a problem. When power is turned on, the machine goes to the lom prompt. Entering poweron yields an endless supply of this message with no way to break out of it. ********************************************** PSTATE=0000000000000015... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilinski
3 Replies

10. SCO

Issue during boot

Hi, I am using SCO OpenServer 5 During boot I get this message: PANIC: HTFS: Bad directory ino 2 (offset 0) on HTFS dev hd (1/42) Cannot dump 8095 pages to dumpdev hd (1/41): Space for only 0 pages Dump not completed How can I fix this? I have no boot/root floppy. If it is a "disk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubian_sundance
8 Replies
AUTO.MASTER(5)							File Formats Manual						    AUTO.MASTER(5)

NAME
/etc/auto.master - Master Map for automounter DESCRIPTION
The auto.master map is consulted when the autofs(8) script is invoked to set up the necessary mount points for the automounter. Each line in this file describes a mount point and points to another file describing the file systems to be mounted under this mountpoint. The access to those maps is governed by a key. Access to an automounted file system is customarily done using the path scheme: /mountpoint/key/path/file, where the mountpoint will be listed in the auto.master configuration file. The key is matched in the map file pointed to by the master map (See autofs(5)). The path and the file are referring to the file on the file system mounted. FORMAT
The file has three fields separated by an arbitrary number of blanks or tabs. Lines beginning with # are comments. The first field is the mount point. Second field is the map file to be consulted for this mount-point. This field is of the form maptype:mapname, where maptype is one of the supported map types (file, program, yp, nisplus, hesiod, userdir, ldap), and mapname is the name of the map. The third field is optional and can contain options to+ be applied to all entries in the map. Options are cumulative, which is a difference from the behav- ior of the SunOS automounter. The format of the map file and the options are described in autofs(5). EXAMPLE
/home /etc/auto.home /misc /etc/auto.misc /mnt yp:mnt.map This will generate three mountpoints /home, /misc, and /mnt. All accesses to /home will lead to the consultation of the map in /etc/auto.home, all accesses to /misc will consult the map in /etc/auto.misc, and all accesses to /mnt will consult the NIS map mnt.map. SEE ALSO
automount(8), autofs(5), autofs(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris@waterf.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Edited by <hpa@transmeta.com>. 19 Jun 2000 AUTO.MASTER(5)