Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: boot-archive issue
Operating Systems Solaris boot-archive issue Post 302297692 by incredible on Saturday 14th of March 2009 01:50:29 PM
Old 03-14-2009
after booting with failsafe, mount the rootfs to /mnt
then do "bootadm update-archive /mnt"
umount /mnt
then reboot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up issue

Could somone please tell me what happened when I reboot my computer, it take too long to pass the part it said "starting sendmail" I only changed the server name and when I reboot the server, all of the services are running except when it got to : starting sendmail it take toooo long to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar archive issue

Hi, I make a tar archive: tar -czvf /path_to/cucu.tar.gz /path/dir_to_archive/ In the archive the /path/dir_to_archive/ is maintained for every file. I need that the archive to be made without the /path/dir_to_archive/ to contain only the files in /path/dir_to_archive/. Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

hp-ux 10.20 boot issue

Hello, have HP Visualize C3600 workstation. Issue is as follows: When I attempt to boot, unit will not boot successfully and will halt at a menu, the same menu as when during a boot one hits any key within 10 seconds to discontinue. When I attempt to boot with Boot primary, both with IPL... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: davel1000
17 Replies

4. Solaris

Cannot mount boot archive

hi, I' ve found an error while starting up solaris 10, so I booted in safe mode from grub and modified the menu.lst with vi, to obtain a verbose output of the error. It says failed to readsuperblock diskread reading beyound end of ramdisk start = 0x800 size=0x800 ... ... panic: cannot... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeware
9 Replies

5. Solaris

zfs root flash archive issue

I have created a flash archive from a Ldom on T5220 with zfs root solaris 10_u8. But after creation of flar the info shows the content_architectures=sun4c,sun4d,sun4m,sun4u,sun4us,sun4s but not sun4v due to which i 'm unable to install this flash archive on another Ldom on the same host. Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Boot-archive Problem

I disabled the boot-archive service by using #svcadm disable svc:/system/boot-archive:default then i rebooted my system but i am unable to boot. It throws the following errors CONSOLE LOGIN SERVICE(S) CANNOT RUN then it automatically asked me for the maintenance mode passwd. i logged... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

scp/untar in parallel issue tar : Unexpected EOF in archive

Hi Guys, I am facing a strange issue while doing parallel (using & for background) scp/untar operation from my unix box to multiple unix boxes... I am getting tar : unexpected EOF in archive error the code is as follows.,,, for i in 10 do sh -c "scp <command> ; ssh tar -xf <tar> -C... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Boot archive file sizes are different on cluster units

Hi experts, I would have a question on boot archive files on solaris10 platform running on T5220 cluster servers. When we check the /platform/sun4v directory , and perform boot archive-list , we see that on both units same files exist. And when we mount the boot archive we see that all files... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
0 Replies

9. Solaris

V100 boot issue

In the server room at my new job, there is a V100 with a problem. When power is turned on, the machine goes to the lom prompt. Entering poweron yields an endless supply of this message with no way to break out of it. ********************************************** PSTATE=0000000000000015... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chilinski
3 Replies

10. SCO

Issue during boot

Hi, I am using SCO OpenServer 5 During boot I get this message: PANIC: HTFS: Bad directory ino 2 (offset 0) on HTFS dev hd (1/42) Cannot dump 8095 pages to dumpdev hd (1/41): Space for only 0 pages Dump not completed How can I fix this? I have no boot/root floppy. If it is a "disk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubian_sundance
8 Replies
gitmount(1)						      General Commands Manual						       gitmount(1)

NAME
gitmount - GNU Interactive Tools - auto-mount script SYNTAX
gitmount device DESCRIPTION
gitmount is a script which allows you to mount any block device without specifying the file system type. You may now insert the floppy in the drive and type ' gitmount fd0' and the first floppy will be mounted in the directory /mnt/fd0. On Linux just press F11 or F12. You don't need to know the file system type anymore. The directories /mnt/fd0 and /mnt/fd1 are created if they don't exist. BUGS
Please send bug reports to: gnuit-dev@gnu.org SEE ALSO
gitfm(1) gitps(1) gitview(1) gitkeys(1) gitaction(1) gitrgrep(1) gitunpack(1) AUTHORS
Tudor Hulubei <tudor@cs.unh.edu> Andrei Pitis <pink@pub.ro> Ian Beckwith <ianb@erislabs.net> (Current maintainer) gitmount(1)