Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sh and MySQL LOAD DATA
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sh and MySQL LOAD DATA Post 302297503 by worchyld on Friday 13th of March 2009 03:42:34 PM
Old 03-13-2009
Putting dates into paths

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnMilo
Another easy option is to save your SQL query exactly as you would type it an the MySQL prompt in a text file, then:

Code:
mysql -u yourname -p < myquery.sql

If you can specify the filename in the query (and have permission), then you can do it that way.
I've now had the chance to test this, it does indeed work! Thanks a lot! I want to thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. My CSV file extracts its contents into a date-based folder (Format: YYYY-MM-DD), what I'm wondering is, is it possible to tell my `csv_import.sql` (which is where my big LOAD DATA FILE sits) to use the latest date in the folder structure? I tried the following but MySQL complained that there was an error.
Code:
 LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '/path/to/inbounddata/data/%Y-%m-%d/traveldata.csv'

Is there a way of either, passing a date argument to my .sql file, or perhaps telling this command to use the latest date as part of the folder structure? Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

2. Programming

Load text file into a MySQL field

Hello, maybe this post is offtopic, sorry for the inconveniencies. I found examples about how to populate different fields from a text file (with MySQL, the LOAD DATA INFILE sentece), but not about how to load a complete plain text file into a concrete database field. Could you please tell me if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aristegui
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Load data from all files in directory

I'm new in Unix shell scripting and i need someone to help me to make Script that run all time watching my directory that files uploaded to it via FTP (/mydir/incoming_files), if any files exists in it then (if many files exists, then sort files and load them ascending) it‘ll checks the size of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_fighter
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to load different type of data in a file to two arrays

Hi, I have tried to find some sort of previous similar thread on this but not quite close to what I want to achieve. Basically I have two class of data in my file..e.g 1,1,1,1,1,2,yes 1,2,3,4,5,5,yes 2,3,4,5,5,5,no 1,2,3,4,4,2,no 1,1,3,4,5,2,no I wanted to read the "yes" entry to an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing mysql load statement from shell script

Hi, I have a piece of shell script which will connect to mysql database and execute a load statement(which will load datas in a file to the database table).The code is working and the data is in the tables. Now my requirement is, i need to grab the output from the load statement... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
4 Replies

6. Web Development

script to load data from csv file

hello i want a script to load the data line by line from a csv file into a mysql table (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srpa01red
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data from a flat file to oracle.

I have a flat file with records like Header 123 James Williams Finance2000 124 Pete Pete HR 1500 125 PatrickHeather Engg 3000 Footer The structure is: Eno:4 characters Name:8 characters Surname : 9 characters Dept:7 characters Sal:4characters These are sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load UNIX data into excel sheet

Hi, i have some data in a temporary file in Unix (the data is taken from the result of an SQL query). Now i want to dump that data into an excel sheet. How to do that. Someone please advise. Thanks Regards, Vinit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel sqlldr to load data.

I am using SQLLDR to load data in DB.For parallel loading I'm using nohup command. The requirement is: I have different files within a directories. Ex: 1) Dir/folder_A/AE.txt 2) Dir/folder_A/DM.txt 3) Dir/folder_B/CM.txt I need to loop through directories and load the data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
1 Replies
MYSQLDUMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MYSQLDUMP(1)

NAME
mysqldump - text-based client for dumping or backing up mysql databases , tables and or data. USAGE
mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --databases [OPTIONS] DB1 [DB2 DB3...] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --all-databases [OPTIONS] OPTION SYNOPSIS
mysqldump [-A|--all-databases] [-a|--all] [-#|--debug=...] [--character-sets-dir=...] [-?|--help] [-B|--databases] [-c|--complete-insert] [-C|--compress] [--default-character-set=...] [-e|--extended-insert] [--add-drop-table] [--add-locks] [--allow-keywords] [--delayed- insert] [-F|--flush-logs] [-f|--force] [-h|--host=...] [-l|--lock-tables] [-n|--no-create-db] [-t|--no-create-info] [-d|--no-data] [-O|--set-variablevar=option] [--opt] [-p|--password[=...]] [-P|--port=...] [-q|--quick] [-Q|--quote-names] [-S|--socket=...] [--tables] [-T|--tab=...] [-u|--user=#] [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] [-w|--where=] [--delayed] [-e|--extended-insert] [--fields-terminated-by=...] [--fields-enclosed-by=...] [--fields-optionally-enclosed-by=...] [--fields-escaped-by=...] [--lines-terminated-by=...] [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] [-O net_buffer_length=#, where # < 16M] DESCRIPTION
Dumping definition and data mysql database or table mysqldump supports by executing -A|--all-databases Dump all the databases. This will be same as --databases with all databases selected. -a|--all Include all MySQL specific create options. -#|--debug=... Output debug log. Often this is 'd:t:o,filename`. --character-sets-dir=... Directory where character sets are -?|--help Display this help message and exit. -B|--databases To dump several databases. Note the difference in usage; In this case no tables are given. All name arguments are regarded as databasenames. -c|--complete-insert Use complete insert statements. -C|--compress Use compression in server/client protocol. --default-character-set=... Set the default character set -e|--extended-insert Allows utilization of the new, much faster INSERT syntax. --add-drop-table Add a 'drop table' before each create. --add-locks Add locks around insert statements. --allow-keywords Allow creation of column names that are keywords. --delayed-insert Insert rows with INSERT DELAYED. -F|--flush-logs Flush logs file in server before starting dump. -f|--force Continue even if we get an sql-error. -h|--host=... Connect to host. -l|--lock-tables Lock all tables for read. -n|--no-create-db will not be put in the output. The above line will be added otherwise, if --databases or --all-databases option was given. -t|--no-create-info Don't write table creation info. -d|--no-data No row information. -O|--set-variable var=option give a variable a value. --help lists variables --opt Same as --add-drop-table --add-locks --all --extended-insert --quick --lock-tables -p|--password[=...] Password to use when connecting to server. If password is not given it's solicited on the tty. -P|--port=... Port number to use for connection. -q|--quick Don't buffer query, dump directly to stdout. -Q|--quote-names Quote table and column names with ` -S|--socket=... Socket file to use for connection. --tables Overrides option --databases(-B). -T|--tab=... Creates tab separated textfile for each table to given path. (creates .sql and .txt files). NOTE: This only works if mysqldump is run on the same machine as the mysqld daemon. -u|--user=# User for login if not current user. -v|--verbose Print info about the various stages. -V|--version Output version information and exit. -w|--where= dump only selected records; QUOTES mandatory! --delayed Insert rows with the INSERT DELAYED command. -e|--extended-insert Use the new multiline INSERT syntax. (Gives more compact and faster inserts statements.) --fields-terminated-by=... --fields-enclosed-by=... --fields-optionally-enclosed-by=... --fields-escaped-by=... --lines-terminated-by=... These options are used with the -T option and have the same meaning as the corresponding clauses for LOAD DATA INFILE. See Mysql manual section 7.23 LOAD DATA INFILE Syntax. -v|--verbose Verbose mode. Print out more information on what the program does. -V|--version Print version information and exit. -O net_buffer_length=#, where # < 16M When creating multi-row-insert statements (as with option --extended-insert or --opt ), mysqldump will create rows up to net_buf- fer_length length. If you increase this variable, you should also ensure that the max_allowed_packet variable in the MySQL server is bigger than the net_buffer_length. EXAMPLES
The most normal use of mysqldump is probably for making a backup of whole databases. See Mysql Manual section 21.2 Database Backups. mysqldump --opt database > backup-file.sql You can read this back into MySQL with: mysql database < backup-file.sql or mysql -e 'source /patch-to-backup/backup-file.sql' database However, it's also very useful to populate another MySQL server with information from a database: mysqldump --opt database | mysql --host=remote-host -C database It is possible to dump several databases with one command: mysqldump --databases database1 [ database2 database3... ] > my_databases.sql If all the databases are wanted, one can use: mysqldump --all-databases > all_databases.sql SEE ALSO
isamchk (1), isamlog (1), mysqlaccess (1), mysqladmin (1), mysqlbug (1), mysqld (1), mysqldump (1), mysqlshow (1), msql2mysql (1), perror (1), replace (1), safe_mysqld (1), which1 (1), zap (1), AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 3.23.29a Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@tcx.se), TCX Datakonsult AB (http://www.tcx.se). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mer- curmedia.com) 19 December 2000 MYSQLDUMP(1)