Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reformatting Data in AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reformatting Data in AWK Post 302297145 by radoulov on Thursday 12th of March 2009 03:19:08 PM
Old 03-12-2009
For fixed number of fields (60 in your example), you can use something like this:

Code:
nawk > output.csv '{ 
  $1 = $1
  nf += NF
  _ = _ ? _ OFS $0 : $0 
  }
nf == 60 { 
  print _ RS 
  _ = nf = 0 
  }' ORS= OFS='\t' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

reformatting a floppy!

i am trying to reformat a floppy i am using solaris 9 when i run this: rmformat -F quick /vol/dev/aliases/floppy0 it tells me that it cannot perform the operation on a mounted device. how do i unmount the device and format the floppy? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple file reformatting

I hopefully have a simple request - I need to process multiple files reformatting the output based on tags at the beginning of each line. So the data for the new 3 lines of the output file are in the HDR line and then the details are in the DTL tagged lines. for ifile in $indir do echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jason_v_brown
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformatting xml file, sed or awk I think (possibly perl)

I have some xml files that cannot be read using a standard parser, or I am using the wrong parser. The issues seems to be spaces in some of the tags. Here is a sample,<UgUn 2 > <Un> -0.426753 </Un> </UgUn>The parser isn't able to find the number 2, so that information is lost, etc. It seems... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date reformatting

I have a file with temperature measurements: Loc1,20090102,71.55 Loc1,20090103,71.65 Loc1,20090104,71.55 Loc1,20090105,71.54 Loc1,20090106,71.54 However, to load this into a database I would like to reformat the dates (column 2) from the yyyymmdd format to the yyyy-mm-dd format. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date reformatting

I have been reformatting dates from a data file to make them mysql compliant. 31-10-2011 Loc1 1-11-2011 Loc2 The first can be captured by this: sed -i '' -e "s#\(..\)-\(..\)-\(....\)#\3-\2-\1#" data.txt and leads to: 2011-10-31 Loc1 The second line is captured as follows: sed -i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformatting data in matrix form

Hi, Some assistance with respect to the following problem will be very helpful. I want to reformat my dataset in the following manner for subsequent analysis. I have first column values (which repeat for each value of 2nd column) which are names, the second column specifies position ad the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help reformatting badly formatted time field

I need help reformatting an input file with spaces in the time field (4th field). I want the field to look like “hh:mm” with appropriate embedded zeros, but instead it has “h :m “ if the hour and/or minute are single character. I'm pretty new to scripting and this is beyond me. Any help would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lisep
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reformatting column

Hello UNIX experts, I'm stumped finding a method to reformat a column. Input file is a two column tab-delimited file. Essentially, for every term that appears in column 2, I would like to summarize whether that term appears for every entry in column 1. In other words, make a header for each term... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
2 Replies
MONGOEXPORT(1)							  Mongo Database						    MONGOEXPORT(1)

NAME
mongoexport - the Mongo export tool SYNOPSIS
mongoexport [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongoexport is a tool to export a MongoDB collection to either JSON or CSV. The query can be filtered or a list of fields to output can be given. If the output is CSV, the fields must be specified in order. EXAMPLES
mongoexport -d test -c test1 --csv -f name,num export documents from test.test1 in CSV format OPTIONS
--help show usage information -h, --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) -d, --db DATABASE database to use -c, --c COLLECTION collection to use -q, --query QUERY query filter -f, --fields FIELDS comma-separated list of field names --csv export to CSV instead of JSON -o, --out FILE output file, if not specified, stdout is used --dbpath PATH directly access mongod data files in this path, instead of connecting to a mongod instance COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGOEXPORT(1)