Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Load data to flat file from table. Post 302296511 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 11th of March 2009 08:34:18 AM
Old 03-11-2009
Oracle ? Sybase?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting records from flat file to db table

I have 20000 numbers present in a file in each line like 25663, 65465, 74579, 56446, .. .. I have created a table in db with single number column in it. create table testhari (no number(9)); I want to insert all these numbers into that table. how can i do it? can anybody please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read data from text file and to load it into a table in TOAD

Hi....can you guys help me out in this script?? Below is a portion text file and it contains these: GEF001 000093625 MKL002510 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL003604 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL005675 000001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pallavishetty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To load data from variable to oracle table

Hi all, How to load variable value into Oracle table? I have created a file validation shell script. After the validation completes, i need to update a Oracle table with the variable value... Can someone help me how to do it? I have searched, but not able to get answer. i have 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To load data from variable to oracle table ....???

Hi all, How to load variable value into Oracle table? I have created a file validation shell script. After the validation completes, i need to update a Oracle table with the variable value... Can someone help me how to do it? I have searched, but not able to get answer. i have 4 variables... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting data into a table from a flat file

Hi, I want to insert data into a table from a flat file, the file is having around 25 columns and some 10,000 records. The columns values are seperated by a space. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

load a data from text file into a oracle table

Hi all, I have a data like, 0,R001,2,D this wants to be loaded into a oracle database table. Pl let me know how this has to be done. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji35
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I load records from table to a flat file!

Hi All, I need to load records from oracle table XYZ to a flat file say ABC.dat. could any one tell me how do i do this in UNXI, Regards Ann (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data from a flat file to oracle.

I have a flat file with records like Header 123 James Williams Finance2000 124 Pete Pete HR 1500 125 PatrickHeather Engg 3000 Footer The structure is: Eno:4 characters Name:8 characters Surname : 9 characters Dept:7 characters Sal:4characters These are sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Write a shell script for SQL loader to load data into a staging table

Hi, I'm new to Linux. I'm working on a database, and need to load data in a database table (which I already created) using shell script. The table has two columns - Acct_number (not nullable) and date (timestamp). I'm not able to write a shell script for that. Can any one help me? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisudeep
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT HELP!!! Extracting db table into flat file

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to extract oracle table into a pipe dilemited flat file. Below is my code and I have attached two files that I have abled to generate so far. 1. Table.txt ==> database extract file 2. flat.txt ==> pipe delimited after some manipulation of the original db... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
0 Replies
NILOAD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 NILOAD(8)

NAME
niload - load text or flat-file-format data into NetInfo SYNOPSIS
niload [ -v ] [ -d ] [ -m ] [ -p ] [ -t ] { -r directory | format } domain DESCRIPTION
niload loads information from standard input into the given NetInfo domain. If format is specified, the input is interpreted according to the flat-file file format of the same name. The allowed values for format are aliases, bootparams, bootptab, exports, fstab, group, hosts, networks, passwd, printcap, protocols, rpc, and services. If -r directory is specified instead of a flat-file file format, the input is interpreted as "raw" NetInfo data, as generated by nidump -r, and loaded into directory. Note that this operation will delete and replace the entire NetInfo subtree at the specified directory. Any existing records in this subtree will be lost. niload overwrites entries in the existing directory with those given in the input. Entries that are in the directory aren't deleted if they don't exist in the input, unless the -d option is specified. niload must be run as superuser on the master NetInfo server for the given domain, unless one specifies the -p option, which allows one to run from anywhere in the network. OPTIONS
-v Verbose. Prints details of records as they are updated (flat-file formats only). -d Delete entries which are in the directory, but not in the input. -m Merge properties and values. Existing properties will be preserved in the database if they are not present in the input. For exam- ple, if a user record has a "picture" property, loading a passwd-format record for this user will preserve the property. Property values are also merged. -p Prompt for the root password of the given domain so that one can run from other locations in the network besides the master. -t Interpret the domain as a tagged domain. For example, "trotter/network" refers to the database tagged "network" on the machine "trotter". The machine name can be an actual name or an IP address. -r Load entries in "raw" format, as generated by nidump -r. The first argument should be the path of a NetInfo directory into which the information is loaded. Since the input often specifies properties (including "name") at its topmost level, the directory you specify may be renamed as a result of this operation. If the directory you specify does not exist, it will be created. EXAMPLES
"niload passwd . < /etc/passwd" loads the local /etc/passwd file into the local NetInfo database. "niload -d -r /locations ." replaces the contents of /locations in the local domain with input given in nidump "raw" format. SEE ALSO
nidump(8), niutil(8), netinfo(5), aliases(5), bootparams(5), bootptab(5), exports(5), fstab(5), group(5), hosts(5), networks(5), passwd(5), printcap(5), protocols(5), rpc(5), services(5) Apple Computer, Inc. December 22, 1992 NILOAD(8)