Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing string which includes metacharacters Post 302296296 by Perderabo on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 08:16:35 PM
Old 03-10-2009
Use quotes to protect it:

./script.sh 'http://url.cfm?asdf&asdf=234'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string from function with '*'

Hi I have a shell function which returns string(ksh). The string is an sql statement. This statement can have '*' in its content (i.e. select 100 / 2 *100 from dual). When this happens ret_str will have contents of current directry I run the script from build in sql. Is there any way to fix it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string variables

HI all, Very new to shell programming and just wanted some help on how to solve the following problem. I have a small shell script which searches a given file and extracts some string parameters. I want to now be able to call this script from another shell script and somehow pass the parameters... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxy2d1
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed passing string to command

hi to all code: </div> command... "command_name arg1 arg2 option=xxxxx" example --- useradd username group=xxxxxx. </div> when someone ran this command it point to some other script (say script1), mean post execution of command. in the script1 i need only "xxxxx" value. then i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search for string that includes folder separator ?

I want to select only second line. I want to search for any line that has both -> input.txt /userA/aaaaaaabbb/jakarta /userA/aaaaaaa/jakarta /userB/aaaaaaabbb/jakarta /userB/aaaaaaa/jakarta This command does have effect of --> $>cat input.txt | /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -E... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep regex, match exact string which includes "/" anywhere on line.

I have a file that contains the 2 following lines (from /proc/mounts) /dev/sdc1 /mnt/backup2 xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/backup xfs rw,relatime,attr2,noquota 0 0 I need to match the string in the second column exactly so that only one result is returned, e.g. > grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

passing letters from an array into a string for string comparison

attempting the hangman program. This was an optional assignment from the professor. I have completed the logical coding, debugging now. ##I have an array $wordString that initializes to a string of dashes ##reflecting the number of letters in $theWord ##every time the user enters a (valid)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotsofideas
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string as variable(s) in bash

I'm trying to write a basic bash script that takes input you give (what directory, if any, what name, if any ....) and passes the information to find. I'm trying to just create a string with all variables and then pass it to find. So far I have this extremely simple: #!/bin/bash -f ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starting_Leaf
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string from bash to sqlplus

Hello, I have file (PARFILE) with string on first line: INCLUDE=SCHEMA:"IN\( 'SCHEMA1','SCHEMA2','SCHEMA3' \)"In .sh script I use: .... IMPORT_SCHEMA=`awk 'NR==1{print $2}' ${PARFILE}` ...print $2 is because 'SCHEMA1','SCHEMA2','SCHEMA3' is 2nd column in file echo "$IMPORT_SCHEMA"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DjukaZg
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Day in string

I need to pass days in past 3, 4, 5 day in strings. Today is Feb 7, so past 3, 4, 5 days are: day1="Feb 2" day2="Feb 3" day3="Feb 4" I have set day1 day2 day3 as the variables. So, what I need is to have the day stings to be past 3, 4, 5 days every day. If it Feb 8, they need to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielshell
11 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)