Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting VI Editor - question for unix gurus !! Post 302296257 by Rahulpict on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 05:05:10 PM
Old 03-10-2009
VI Editor - question for unix gurus !!

I have created a dummy file -demo.txt

On my machine-A (oslevel-5300-08) I can display the file content in HEX format through VI editor using :%!xxd but on other machine-B (oslevel - 5300-06) , I get error as "sh: xxd: not found."

machine-A:
$ cat demo.txt
Hello World !

I can display the file content in HEX format through VI editor using :%!xxd

$ vi demo.txt
"demo.txt" 1 line, 14 characters
0000000: 4865 6c6c 6f20 576f 726c 6420 210a Hello World !.

machine-B
sh: xxd: not found.

can anyone tell me what is problem and how to fix this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Any RF unix gurus out there?

I am having a problem here. We are having several problems in regards to hung process's on unix (HPUX box), caused by my RF equipment (Mobile data capture units). these contact the host via a simply telnet session and locks the system? Is it a timeout problem as the timeout is disabled on the host. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subrosa
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI Editor question

When I use vi, I can type "set nu" in command mode to get line numbers. How can I get VI to start like that automatically? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script - Unix Gurus calling

Unix Gurus, I have been breaking my head to get this done..seems simple.. I need to read a flat file and based on a key word in a line, i need to skip the previous 3 lines. eg : Line1 Line2 Line3 Line4 Line5 Line6 Error Line7 Line8 Line9 Error Line10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravred
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix/Linux gurus...here is Q 4u

Suppose I have two files 1.txt and 2.txt. My aim is to find (Total execution time/Number of executions) then sort the result as in decreasing order. Can anyone provide me any shell/perl/awk script or a Command to do that in faster way ? 1.txt : =============================== Number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix gurus : how to grep this pattern?

Hello Unix gurus, My log file has entries in below format : ================================================================= 2009-01-19-01.19.24.816169+660 I8635A1158 LEVEL: Error PID : 5873782 TID : 1 PROC : aaaa APPHDL : 0-269 AUTHID : PDBCMPC... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Urgent Help from UNIX gurus to get specific data from a file

Hi, I have a file monitor.txt as below... # Times are converted to local time from GMT. # Local Timezone: EST (GMT -05:00) PARAM1 { TIME 30; CC1 "xxxxx"; CC2 "xxxxx"; CC3 "xxxxx"; CC4 "xxxxx"; } PARAM2 { 4061 :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaq1xsw2
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus about sed.

Hi Folks. I need change something into file and after all manipulation I need delete only last COMMA into this piece of code -> GROUP 1 ( '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log01a.dbf', '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log01b.dbf' ) SIZE 512M, GROUP 2 ( '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log02a.dbf', ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus with expect

Hi., I need to ask question for expect script. I have prompt like # and very long script (orachk). I added to expect script line set prompt "(%|#|\\\$) $" and insert into it also piece of code ---- expect { timeout { puts "Running..." exp_continue } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vi editor question

in Vi how do I delete part of a line ( leave few words in a line and delete rest of the line ) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
6 Replies
native::Delta(3perl)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      native::Delta(3perl)

NAME
SVN::Delta - Subversion delta functions SYNOPSIS
require SVN::Core; require SVN::Repos; require SVN::Delta; # driving an editor my $editor = SVN::Delta::Editor-> new(SVN::Repos::get_commit_editor($repos, "file://$repospath", '/', 'root', 'FOO', &committed)); my $rootbaton = $editor->open_root(0); my $fbaton = $editor->add_file ('filea', $rootbaton, undef, -1); my $ret = $editor->apply_textdelta ($fbaton, undef); SVN::TxDelta::send_string("FILEA CONTENT", @$ret); # implement an editor in perl SVN::Repos::dir_delta($root1, $path, undef, $root2, $path, SVN::Delta::Editor->new(_debug=>1), 1, 1, 0, 1 DESCRIPTION
SVN::Delta wraps delta related function in subversion. The most important one is SVN::Delta::Editor, the interface for describing tree deltas. by default SVN::Delta::Editor relays method calls to its internal member "_editor", which could either be an editor in C (such as the one you get from get_commit_editor), or another SVN::Delta::Editor object. SVN
::Delta::Editor Driving Editors If you want to drive a native editor (such as commit_editor obtained by SVN::Repos::get_commit_editor), create a SVN::Delta::Editor object with the native editor/baton pair. The object will then be ready to use and its method calls will be relayed to the native editor. Implementing Editors If you want to implement an editor, subclass SVN::Delta::Editor and implement the editors callbacks. see the METHODS section below. CONSTRUCTOR - new (...) new ($editor, $editor_baton) Link to the native editor You can also pass a hash array to new: _debug Turn on debug. _editor An arrayref of the editor/baton pair or another SVN::Delta::Editor object to link with. METHODS Please consult the svn_delta.h section in the Subversion API. Member functions of svn_delta_editor_t could be called as methods of SVN::Delta::Editor objects, with the edit_baton omitted. The pool is also optional. If you are subclassing, the methods take exactly the same arguments as the member functions (note that void ** are returned data though as throughout the perl bindings), with the edit_baton omitted. BUGS
Functions returning editor/baton pair should really be typemapped to a SVN::Delta::Editor object. AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 CollabNet. All rights reserved. This software is licensed as described in the file COPYING, which you should have received as part of this distribution. The terms are also available at http://subversion.tigris.org/license-1.html. If newer versions of this license are posted there, you may use a newer version instead, at your option. This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many individuals. For exact contribution history, see the revision history and logs, available at http://subversion.tigris.org/. perl v5.14.2 2005-10-25 native::Delta(3perl)