Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications create 'day' tables based on timestamp in mysql Post 302296025 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 10th of March 2009 07:29:24 AM
Old 03-10-2009
By day - do you mean day of the month 1..31 or day of the week?
Is this Oracle?

A general answer would be 'create a view against those tables'. Creating tables based on the date field when all of the other data is the same is not a good idea for database design. Ideally you put all common data into a single table or view and query against it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

2. Web Development

How do you sync tables in mysql between two different servers?

Hi all, I have 2 mysql databases running on two different servers (both can be accessed via ssh to each other). If I have say table ABC on server 1, how can I sync it with table ABC on server 2 if the number of records is different? Both databases are the same structure though server 2 has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

3. Programming

MySQL: Create a relation between two tables.

Hello everybody, I'm having troubles creating a relation between two tables in a MySQL database. Having two tables, being one which contains users information (username, password, user ID, etc) and the other the one which contains transactions information (operation type, user ID of the user who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to create txt files based on timestamp

Hi , please guide me for a bash script that will create a txt files and the name of the txt files will be as of timestamp so that each file name will be different from other and these files will be get created say after every 10 minutes in a folder(/home/p2000/sxs137), please guide me how would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nks342
1 Replies

5. Programming

MySQL join four tables!

Hello; I want merge four MySQL tables to get the intersection that have a common field for all of them. Join two tables is fine to me, but my this case is different from common situations and there are not very many discussions about it. Can anybody give me some idea? Thanks a lot! Here is part... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show only new and removed records by comparing to MySQL tables

Hello all; I have been really frustrated with finding the correct perl code (and MySql statements) to accomplish what I thought was straight forward...I have tested I don't know how many different codes\suggestions I found on the net without any success...but anyhow let me explain my plight and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies
NL_LANGINFO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					    NL_LANGINFO(3)

NAME
nl_langinfo -- get locale information LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <langinfo.h> char * nl_langinfo(nl_item item); DESCRIPTION
The nl_langinfo() function returns a pointer to a string containing information set by the program's locale. The names and values of item are defined in <langinfo.h>. The entries under Category indicate in which setlocale(3) category each item is defined. Constant Category Meaning CODESET LC_CTYPE Codeset name D_T_FMT LC_TIME String for formatting date and time D_FMT LC_TIME Date format string T_FMT LC_TIME Time format string T_FMT_AMPM LC_TIME A.M. or P.M. time format string AM_STR LC_TIME Ante-meridiem affix PM_STR LC_TIME Post-meridiem affix DAY_1 LC_TIME Name of the first day of the week (e.g.: Sunday) DAY_2 LC_TIME Name of the second day of the week (e.g.: Monday) DAY_3 LC_TIME Name of the third day of the week (e.g.: Tuesday) DAY_4 LC_TIME Name of the fourth day of the week (e.g.: Wednesday) DAY_5 LC_TIME Name of the fifth day of the week (e.g.: Thursday) DAY_6 LC_TIME Name of the sixth day of the week (e.g.: Friday) DAY_7 LC_TIME Name of the seventh day of the week (e.g.: Saturday) ABDAY_1 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the first day of the week ABDAY_2 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the second day of the week ABDAY_3 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the third day of the week ABDAY_4 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the fourth day of the week ABDAY_5 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the fifth day of the week ABDAY_6 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the sixth day of the week ABDAY_7 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the seventh day of the week MON_1 LC_TIME Name of the first month of the year MON_2 LC_TIME Name of the second month MON_3 LC_TIME Name of the third month MON_4 LC_TIME Name of the fourth month MON_5 LC_TIME Name of the fifth month MON_6 LC_TIME Name of the sixth month MON_7 LC_TIME Name of the seventh month MON_8 LC_TIME Name of the eighth month MON_9 LC_TIME Name of the ninth month MON_10 LC_TIME Name of the tenth month MON_11 LC_TIME Name of the eleventh month MON_12 LC_TIME Name of the twelfth month ABMON_1 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the first month ABMON_2 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the second month ABMON_3 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the third month ABMON_4 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the fourth month ABMON_5 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the fifth month ABMON_6 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the sixth month ABMON_7 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the seventh month ABMON_8 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the eighth month ABMON_9 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the ninth month ABMON_10 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the tenth month ABMON_11 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the eleventh month ABMON_12 LC_TIME Abbreviated name of the twelfth month ERA LC_TIME Era description segments ERA_D_FMT LC_TIME Era date format string ERA_D_T_FMT LC_TIME Era date and time format string ERA_T_FMT LC_TIME Era time format string ALT_DIGITS LC_TIME Alternative symbols for digits RADIXCHAR LC_NUMERIC Radix character THOUSEP LC_NUMERIC Separator for thousands YESEXPR LC_MESSAGES Affirmative response expression NOEXPR LC_MESSAGES Negative response expression RETURN VALUES
nl_langinfo() returns a pointer to an empty string if item is invalid. EXAMPLES
The following example uses nl_langinfo() to obtain the date and time format for the current locale: #include <time.h> #include <langinfo.h> #include <locale.h> int main(void) { char datestring[100]; struct tm *tm; time_t t; char *ptr; t = time(NULL); tm = localtime(&t); (void)setlocale(LC_ALL, ""); ptr = nl_langinfo(D_T_FMT); strftime(datestring, sizeof(datestring), ptr, tm); printf("%s ", datestring); return (0); } SEE ALSO
setlocale(3), tm(3), nls(7) STANDARDS
The nl_langinfo() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
The nl_langinfo() function appeared in NetBSD 1.0. BSD
April 14, 2011 BSD