Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Passing values from one file to another file Post 302295837 by pmm on Monday 9th of March 2009 06:56:26 PM
Old 03-09-2009
man export

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripting: multiple values from file passing to command

one of my colleagues has this question. he has a command, C_CMD which accepts 4 variables, $1 $2 $3 $4 he wants to load up a file with multiple rows, one row per set of variables and then iteratively execute the command based on the content of the file. example: at the command line you'd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file(passing the file as input parameter)

hi I have a shell script say primary.sh . There is a file called params my scenario is primary.sh should read all the values and echo it for example i should pass like $primary.sh params output would be Abc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing values in a file based on values in another file

Hi I have 2 files:- 1. List of files which consists of names of some output files. 2. A delimited file; delimted by "|" I want to replace the value of the $23 (23rd column) in the delimited file with name in the first file. It is always position to position. Meaning first row of the first... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove values of a file one by one from 2nd file and then print the remaining values of 2nd file

Hi all, I have 2 files. One contains only 1 column and other one contains 2 columns, let say 1_col.txt and 2_col.txt respectively. Here, I will try to explain with an example. Input files : 1_col.txt 2_col.txt a a b x a c p ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file in to multiple files and passing each individual file to a command

I have an input file with contents like: MainFile.dat: 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 12247689|7896|77698080 16768900|hh78|78959390 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing values from file into array in Bash

Hi, I'm trying to write a bash script that takes a file and passes each line from the file into an array with elements separated by column. For example: Sample file "file1.txt": 1 name1 a first 2 name2 b second 3 name3 c third and have arrays such as: line1 = ( "1" "name1" "a"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file to read values from Db2 table replacing hard coded values

Hi, I want to replace a chain of if-else statement in an old AWK file with values from Db2 table or CSV file. The part of code is below... if (start_new_rec=="true"){ exclude_user="false"; user=toupper($6); match(user, "XXXXX."); if (RSTART ==2 ) { ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values to an XML file from shell script

:wall: Hi, I have an XML file with 5 tags. I need to pass values to the XML file from a shell script that will replace values in 2 of the tags. I cannot hardcode the tag values in XML and use replace command in script as the values are likely to change. Please help !!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisaa
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking key values from one file and extracting values from another file

Hi, I have two files with values in both. File1: cat 2 3 dog 4 5 elephant 6 7 camel 2 3 File2: ----+--gkf;ajf= ---+---- +----- cat -------=----+ 3 | 4 ----- dog ------++-- 5 | 9 ----++-- elephant | 5 | 7 ---++ camel ------ ++++_---- || 8 | 9 I want the final file as: cat 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies
unshare_nfs(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   unshare_nfs(1M)

NAME
unshare_nfs - make local NFS file systems unavailable for mounting by remote systems SYNOPSIS
unshare [-F nfs] pathname DESCRIPTION
The unshare command makes local file systems unavailable for mounting by remote systems. The shared file system must correspond to a line with NFS as the FSType in the file /etc/dfs/sharetab. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -F This option may be omitted if NFS is the first file system type listed in the file /etc/dfs/fstypes. FILES
/etc/dfs/fstypes /etc/dfs/sharetab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nfsd(1M), share(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
If the file system being unshared is a symbolic link to a valid pathname, the canonical path (the path which the symbolic link follows) will be unshared. For example, if /export/foo is a symbolic link to /export/bar (/export/foo -> /export/bar), the following unshare command will result in /export/bar as the unshared pathname (and not /export/foo): example# unshare -F nfs /export/foo For file systems that are accessed by NFS Version 4 clients, once the unshare is complete, all NFS Version 4 state (open files and file locks) are released and unrecoverable by the clients. If the intent is to share the file system after some administrative action, the NFS daemon (nfsd) should first be stopped and then the file system unshared. After the administrative action is complete, the file system would then be shared and the NFS daemon restarted. See nfsd(1M) SunOS 5.11 6 May 2003 unshare_nfs(1M)