Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in Cygwin
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in Cygwin Post 302295755 by jim mcnamara on Monday 9th of March 2009 12:55:47 PM
Old 03-09-2009
I just tried your script - it worked perfectly for me. Both from the command line and in a script.

Are you running a console window or X?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

E:348 no string under cursor error comes in vi editor in cygwin

when i open a file to edit and type i to insert and the type # for #!/bin/bash in vi and vim editor the message come that no string under cursor plz somebody help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrityunjay22
0 Replies

2. Programming

compilation error while using cygwin

Hello, I am trying to compile a C program from Cygwin and it gives ld: not found -user32 error .. I searched for library libuser32.so and was not able locate it.. When i create only object file using gcc -c option it gets created successfully .. When i use gcc -o option , executable is not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin scp script error

I'm using cygwin scp to copy a file down from a AIX server to my laptop. I've got he script working from the command line. The file I'm copying is Processed.Apr21 and I'm copying it to /event_transfer folder on my laptop. scp username@149.131.224.104:/var/Tivoli/logs/Events/processed.Apr21... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cav.turbo
3 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

cygwin error device or resource busy

Hello!!! My problem is: i'm trying to send At commands from Pc to mobile phone using bluetooth and cygwin and i would like to read the device's answers on the shell bash. And so, i open two terminals in this way: xterm & In the first i write: cat /dev/ttyS2 because the device is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blianna
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin shell script error

Hi, I have a cywin test script as below but errors, #!/usr/bin/bash while do echo "123" echo "456" done sh-3.2$ ./test.sh ./test.sh: line 7: syntax error: unexpected end of file Please help... Thanks! Victor (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I am getting error while running the script. "syntax error: unexpected end of file" if i do cat i cant see the content of the script also it is showing as cat test.sh doner /home/master/* /home/Priya/$i| while read i j The original script is paste /home/names.txt /home/ip.txt |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
6 Replies

9. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Error when compiling using cygwin

I tried to compile the files in basic_dump_ex using cygwin : /cygdrive/c/WpdPack/Examples-pcap/basic_dump_ex $make but I got this : cc -g -O -mno-cygwin -I ../../include -c -o basic_dump_ex.o basic_dump_ex.c cc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mno-cygwin’... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve120
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gcc g++ on cygwin - configure: error: *** A compiler with support for C++11 language features is req

Hi, Apologies if I posted it in a wrong section as it is related to gcc on cygwin. Please move it to appropriate section. I'm trying to compile and build libsigc++-2.10.2 on cygwin with gcc 8.3.0. when I run ./configure, I get this: I couldn't fully understand what does... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
13 Replies
Log(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    Log(4)

NAME
Log, .Log - Contains the uucp program log files SYNOPSIS
/usr/spool/uucp/.Log DESCRIPTION
The /usr/spool/uucp/.Log directories contain uucp program log files. The uucp program normally places status information about each trans- action in the appropriate log file each time you use the networking utilities facility. All transactions of the uucico and uuxqt daemons are logged in files named for the remote system concerned. The files are stored in a subdirectory of the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log directory named for the daemon involved. Thus, the log files are named with a form of the following: /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/DaemonName/SystemName The uucp and uuto commands call the uucico daemon. The uucico daemon activities for a particular remote system are logged in the System- Name file in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uucico directory on the local system. The uux and uusend commands call the uuxqt daemon. The uuxqt daemon activities for a particular remote system are logged in the SystemName file in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uuxqt directory on the local system. When more than one uucp process is running, however, the system cannot access the standard log file, so it places the status information in a file with a .Log prefix that covers just the single transaction. The uucp program can automatically append the temporary log files to a primary log file. This is called compacting the log files, and is handled by the uudemon.cleanu command, a shell procedure, which combines the log files of the activities of the uucico and uuxqt daemons on a system and stores them in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Old directory. The default is for the uudemon.cleanu command to save log files that are 2 days old. This default can be changed by modifying the appro- priate line in the shell script. If storage space is a problem on a particular system, reduce the number of days that the files are kept in the individual log files. The uulog command can be used to view the uucp program log files. RELATED INFORMATION
Daemons: cron, uucico(8), uusched(8) Commands: uucp(1), uudemon.cleanu(4), uulog(1), uusend(1), uuto(1), uux(1) delim off Log(4)