Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk find/replace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk find/replace Post 302295410 by ripat on Sunday 8th of March 2009 05:46:06 AM
Old 03-08-2009
Hi,

What scripting language are you using on your web server? php, python, perl ...?

If your pages are static, it won't be that easy. Possible but not easy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: find and replace in certain field only, help needed

I got a sample file like this. $ cat test 12|13|100|s 12|13|100|s 100|13|100|s 12|13|100|s I want to replace all 100 by 2000 only in 3rd field using "awk" This is replacing all 100's :-( $ awk -F "|" '{gsub( /100/,"2000");print}' test 12|13|2000|s 12|13|2000|s 2000|13|2000|s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help to do conditional find and replace

Hi, I have a Line input for awk as follows DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW MCR.COMM_STACK; CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW "MCR"."COMM_STACK" ON PREBUILT TABLE WITHOUT REDUCED PRECISION USING INDEX REFRESH FAST ON DEMAND START WITH sysdate+0 NEXT SYSDATE + 7 WITH PRIMARY KEY USING DEFAULT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple find and replace with AWK

I am trying to write a find and replace script with AWK and I can't seem to get it to work. I need it to find this exact string *P*: and replace the P with a T or just replcare the whole thing with *T*:. this is what I have tried awk 'BEGIN {gsub(/\*P*:/,"\*T*:"); print}' ${INFILE} >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbshrk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace issue using awk

Hi All, point 1. I have n number of environment variable files in different folders. All file names are ending with one thing common ie, *envset.sh point 2. All these contains Varilables and some other information like following *envset.sh ===>> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin.pathak
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Substr - find and replace question...

Hello Experts, I have a input file that I need to replace a value only if the file contains the number 6 in column 1. I would like to use AWK in a shell script (ksh on a AIX platform). I need all rows written out, but only change 2 fields when the first column contains a numer 6. Input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk -Find and Replace

All, I have thousands of lines in a file with following format DATA=_ONE_XXX_YYY_CCC_HHHG_ DATA1=_GGG_JJJJ_HHH_UUU_JJJJ_HHHH_LLL_ DATA3=_MMM_GG_NN_QQQQ_FFF_III_ I want to replace _ with . by ignoring the first (=_) and last (_) So that out put should looks like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace in awk

Friends, I have more the thousand lines like this. check.cloud1.port=342 check.cloud2.port=5456 check.cloud3.port-4564 But we need to transfer it to _CHECK.CLOUD1.PORT_=342 _CHECK.CLOUD2.PORT_=5456 _CHECK.CLOUD3.PORT_=4564 Any one could pls help of this. Thanks in Advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find fields and replace using awk

Code: Using ksh Var1=`awk -F";" {print $1}' Input2.txt` cat Input1.txt | awk -F";" '{$3="Var1"}' > Output.txt (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - find first occurence and replace it

Hello, I have a requirement to replace the whole string with first occurence of value of a key-value pair. I have to do this inside awk, as the data I need to work is inside an awk loop. value of my variable(say LogText) looks like: LogText= date=04Mar message=hello1 name=caq... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace in awk

I have a file that I am trying to find a specific word, then replace text within that string. file TestA2015 TestB2016 Example. Replace TestB2016 to TestB0000, so if TestB is found replace the original "2016" to "0000". Thank you :). awk tried awk '{ sub(/TestB$/, "0000", $6) }1'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)						 1						  PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)

PDOStatement::fetchAll - Returns an array containing all of the result set rows

SYNOPSIS
public array PDOStatement::fetchAll ([int $fetch_style], [mixed $fetch_argument], [array $ctor_args = array()]) DESCRIPTION
PARAMETERS
o $fetch_style - Controls the contents of the returned array as documented in PDOStatement.fetch(3). Defaults to value of PDO::ATTR_DEFAULT_FETCH_MODE (which defaults to PDO::FETCH_BOTH) To return an array consisting of all values of a single column from the result set, specify PDO::FETCH_COLUMN. You can specify which column you want with the $column-index parameter. To fetch only the unique values of a single column from the result set, bitwise-OR PDO::FETCH_COLUMN with PDO::FETCH_UNIQUE. To return an associative array grouped by the values of a specified column, bitwise-OR PDO::FETCH_COLUMN with PDO::FETCH_GROUP. o $fetch_argument - This argument has a different meaning depending on the value of the $fetch_style parameter: o PDO::FETCH_COLUMN: Returns the indicated 0-indexed column. o PDO::FETCH_CLASS: Returns instances of the specified class, mapping the columns of each row to named properties in the class. o PDO::FETCH_FUNC: Returns the results of calling the specified function, using each row's columns as parameters in the call. o $ctor_args - Arguments of custom class constructor when the $fetch_style parameter is PDO::FETCH_CLASS. RETURN VALUES
PDOStatement.fetchAll(3) returns an array containing all of the remaining rows in the result set. The array represents each row as either an array of column values or an object with properties corresponding to each column name. An empty array is returned if there are zero results to fetch, or FALSE on failure. Using this method to fetch large result sets will result in a heavy demand on system and possibly network resources. Rather than retriev- ing all of the data and manipulating it in PHP, consider using the database server to manipulate the result sets. For example, use the WHERE and ORDER BY clauses in SQL to restrict results before retrieving and processing them with PHP. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Fetch all remaining rows in a result set <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set */ print("Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set: "); $result = $sth->fetchAll(); print_r($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Fetch all of the remaining rows in the result set: Array ( [0] => Array ( [name] => pear [0] => pear [colour] => green [1] => green ) [1] => Array ( [name] => watermelon [0] => watermelon [colour] => pink [1] => pink ) ) Example #2 Fetching all values of a single column from a result set The following example demonstrates how to return all of the values of a single column from a result set, even though the SQL state- ment itself may return multiple columns per row. <?php $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Fetch all of the values of the first column */ $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_COLUMN, 0); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array(3) ( [0] => string(5) => apple [1] => string(4) => pear [2] => string(10) => watermelon ) Example #3 Grouping all values by a single column The following example demonstrates how to return an associative array grouped by the values of the specified column in the result set. The array contains three keys: values apple and pear are returned as arrays that contain two different colours, while water- melon is returned as an array that contains only one colour. <?php $insert = $dbh->prepare("INSERT INTO fruit(name, colour) VALUES (?, ?)"); $insert->execute(array('apple', 'green')); $insert->execute(array('pear', 'yellow')); $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); /* Group values by the first column */ var_dump($sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_COLUMN|PDO::FETCH_GROUP)); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { ["apple"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "green" [1]=> string(3) "red" } ["pear"]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(5) "green" [1]=> string(6) "yellow" } ["watermelon"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(5) "green" } } Example #4 Instantiating a class for each result The following example demonstrates the behaviour of the PDO::FETCH_CLASS fetch style. <?php class fruit { public $name; public $colour; } $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_CLASS, "fruit"); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { [0]=> object(fruit)#1(2) { ["name"]=> string(5) "apple" ["colour"]=> string(5) "green" } [1]=> object(fruit)#2(2) { ["name"]=> string(4) "pear" ["colour"]=> string(6) "yellow" } [2]=> object(fruit)#3(2) { ["name"]=> string(10) "watermelon" ["colour"]=> string(4) "pink" } } Example #5 Calling a function for each result The following example demonstrates the behaviour of the PDO::FETCH_FUNC fetch style. <?php function fruit($name, $colour) { return "{$name}: {$colour}"; } $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT name, colour FROM fruit"); $sth->execute(); $result = $sth->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_FUNC, "fruit"); var_dump($result); ?> The above example will output something similar to: array(3) { [0]=> string(12) "apple: green" [1]=> string(12) "pear: yellow" [2]=> string(16) "watermelon: pink" } SEE ALSO
PDO.query(3), PDOStatement.fetch(3), PDOStatement.fetchColumn(3), PDO.prepare(3), PDOStatement.setFetchMode(3). PHP Documentation Group PDOSTATEMENT.FETCHALL(3)