Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To find the IP adress in the log file Post 302295325 by ldapswandog on Saturday 7th of March 2009 11:00:40 AM
Old 03-07-2009
the apache log file should have the IP address in Column one, so use awk or cut to get column 1, then sort the results through unique. The below will generate a list of IP address along with the number of times each was encountered sorted with the greatest number at the bottom.

cat access_log | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAC-Adress

Hello I need to show my MAC-Adress on a Unix System, is there someone that know how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkochr
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IP-Adress

Hello together how can I find a ipadress from a login into remote system console? Thanks a lot Urs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
1 Replies

3. AIX

Capture IP Adress

hello I need for a script to capture the ip address from the connected user. I have 5 logical partitions. With "who", i have the ip adress, but only for 2 servers. Do you know another command to know the ip address of connected clients ? thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
14 Replies

4. HP-UX

Change IP Adress

I want change my IP address and hostname in my machine by use the console. Can any one tell me how can I execute that by command ? Thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find log file between two dates

Dear All, Please can you help me to crack this query? If the log files for the task above all had a naming convention of myoutput_YearMonthDay.log (i.e. myoutput_20060215) How would you find only those log files created between the 10th and the 20th of each month going back the last 365 days.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justin_mca
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Changing the Ip adress permanently

well i'm trying to change the ip adress on an old alphaserver runing tru64 4.0F using the ifconfig hme0 IP_ADDRESS mask MASK broadcast BROADCAST and when i check it using ifconfig -a it shows the new ip and all is well but when the server is rebooted it reverts back to the old ip (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randUSR()
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to get an IP adress from a file

This is probably a real n00b question but i`m not able to figure it out. I have a folder of configuration files that contain IP-adresses. The line i`m interested in looks like this: IP_ADDRESS="123.123.123.1123" Some have muliple ip adresses, so the line will look like : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaneV
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort file with email adress

Hi All, I have a file which is "|" pipe delimited. The file has 3 fields. the last field contains email ids which has different host names. I want to sort the file based on host name, which is in 3rd filed and needs to create a file for each host. For example, if out of 1000 records, 10... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

adress traffic to tap0

Hello, I have a problem of routing traffic on two virtual interfaces I have created on my machine (CentOs6) By using tunctl I created two virtual interfaces tap1 and tap2 let s imagine I gave them two different address tap1: 10.1.1.1 net 255.255.255.0 tap2: 10.1.2.1 net 255.255.255.0 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicandro
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to find repeated IP adress from trace file (.tr)

+ 8.00747 /NodeList/0/DeviceList/0/$ns3::PointToPointNetDevice/TxQueue/Enqueue ns3::PppHeader (Point-to-Point Protocol: IP (0x0021)) ns3::Ipv4Header (tos 0x0 DSCP Default ECN Not-ECT ttl 63 id 0 protocol 17 offset (bytes) 0 flags length: 540 10.1.3.3 > 10.1.2.4) ns3::UdpHeader (length: 520 49153 >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nipa
11 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					     NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)