Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to set the rootmirror
Operating Systems Solaris How to set the rootmirror Post 302295304 by kumarmani on Saturday 7th of March 2009 09:34:24 AM
Old 03-07-2009
How to set the rootmirror

Hi experts,

I have to do disk mirroring, for that i created the required volumes with SVM and attached both the disk.

However i am not sure as how to enable the rootmirror.

Please help !

Thanks

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unsetting (set -C) and set -o noclobber

I use a lot of text edditing on my laptop, and about a year and half ago I read my first unix bootk which gave the noclobber command and how to unset it.. now that my files are some what overflowing I need to use noclobber or the set -C option... I know the >| to override the no overwite command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -o vi giving set: Syntax error

when trying : set -o vi getting error like- : set: Syntax error help me Double post (of sorts). Continue here. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set server's ip address, router, network mask and set if it is an internal or external ip?

Hello, I need to write a program which sets server's ip address, router, network mask. Program also should set if it is an internal or external ip. Maybe someone can help me ? Any information from u is very useful :b: I stopped at .. :( #!/bin/sh A=`hostname -i` echo "server ip address is $A"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zagaruika
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

What is the use of command set -- and set - variable?

Hi, I am using hp unix i want to know the use of the following commands set -- set - variable thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomathi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set Net:SSH:Expect timeout and set it again.

SSHing into a machine can take a few seconds, but after I'm in, the commands return quickly. I was wondering if the timeout setting can be changed once I'm logged into the machine. Does anyone know if this can be set on the fly? The problem here is, if I have to set timeout = 10, it'll take 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

6. Solaris

LC_ALL & LANG are set OK, but others couldn't set locale correctly.

Hi, I have a Solaris (SunOS 5.10) installed, by default with the en_AU.UTF-8 locale. I want to change it to en_US.UTF-8 With AU, I have no issues whatsoever, so I installed the language package and now locale -a shows "en_US.UTF-8". Problem is even with LC_ALL set in etc/default/init, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfg
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One set of executables but multiple set of configuration

i don't know where to put this question hence it is here. Presently, i have X unix machines which each of them running a set of executables with various unique configurations. i would like to have run multiple set of machines the same set of executeables but each running different... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with shell script to search and replace a set of strings among the set of files

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which serves the below purpose. Please find below the algorithm for the same and any help on this would be highly appreciated. 1)set of strings need to be replaced among set of files(directory may contain different types of files) 2)It should search for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amulya
10 Replies
vxdco(1M)																 vxdco(1M)

NAME
vxdco - perform operations on DCO objects and DCO volumes SYNOPSIS
vxdco [-g diskgroup] att volume dco vxdco [-g diskgroup] attlogvol dco dco_volume vxdco [-g diskgroup] [-o rm] dis dco vxdco [-g diskgroup] [-o rm] dislogvol dco vxdco [-g diskgroup] -o force enable dco DESCRIPTION
Note: The vxdco command can only be used with version 0 DCOs and DCO volumes. It cannot be used with version 20 DCOs and DCO volumes. The vxdco command is used to manipulate version 0 data change objects (DCO objects or DCOs) and DCO volumes that allow the use of Persis- tent FastResync with volumes. The att operation attaches a DCO object, dco, to a volume, volume. If the DCO object has an associated DCO volume, you can use the command vxvol set fmr=on volume to enable Persistent FastResync on the volume after the att operation has completed. The attlogvol operation associates a DCO volume, dco_volume, with a DCO object, dco. If the DCO object is already attached to a volume, you can use the command vxvol set fmr=on volume to enable Persistent FastResync on the volume after the attlogvol operation has completed. The dis operation dissociates a DCO object, dco, from a volume, and disables FastResync on that volume. If the -o rm option is specified, the DCO object, the DCO volume, its plexes and associated subdisks are removed in the same operation. The dislogvol operation dissociates a DCO volume from a DCO object, dco, and disables FastResync on the parent volume. If the -o rm option is specified, the DCO volume, its plexes and associated subdisks are removed in the same operation. If an error occurs while reading or writing a DCO volume, it is detached and the badlog flag is set on the DCO. (You can use one of the options -a, -F or -m to vxprint to check if the badlog flag is set on a DCO.) The -o force enable operation clears the badlog flag on the DCO. The following command sequence demonstrates how to recover the DCO volume that tracks the top-level volume vol1 in the disk group egdg: vxdco -g egdg -o force enable vol1_dco vxvol -g egdg stop vol1 vxvol -g egdg start vol1 Here vol1_dco is the DCO associated with vol1. Caution: Only use the -o force enable operation if you are certain that no writes have gone to the volume since the error occurred that caused its DCO volume to become detached. Otherwise, data corruption may result. The -g diskgroup option specifies the disk group to which the parent volume, DCO object, and DCO volume belong. You can use the make keyword to vxassist to create a volume with an attached DCO object and DCO volume. You can also use the addlog key- word to vxassist to create and add a DCO object and DCO volume to an existing volume. vxdco may then be used to dissociate a DCO object from its parent volume, and subsequently reattach it if the DCO object and DCO volume have not been removed. The vxdco command is also used by vxassist and vxplex to handle the DCO objects and DCO volumes that are associated with volumes. The vxmake command is used to create DCO objects, which can be specified using output from vxprint. Note: When using disk group move, split and join (see vxdg(1M)) to move volumes or snapshot volumes between disk groups, take care to ensure that the DCO volumes accompany their parent volumes. EXIT CODES
The vxdco utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. NOTES
When a volume is attached to a DCO as its log volume, its device nodes are deleted. If vxdco dislogvol is subsequently used to dissociate the log volume from the DCO, the device nodes are not recreated. SEE ALSO
vxassist(1M), vxdg(1M), vxintro(1M), vxmake(1M), vxplex(1M), vxprint(1M), vxvol(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdco(1M)