Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using GREP/AWK to extract a number and store it as a variable Post 302295083 by modey3 on Friday 6th of March 2009 02:25:59 PM
Old 03-06-2009
Ygor,

Thanks the command worked! Your solution works because fortunately 'F=' precedes '-.13250138E+03'. Is it possible to define '-.13250138E+03' in terms of a variable even if 'F=' didn't precede it? Thanks

modey3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the Maximum number of characters that i can store in a variable?

Hi, Can any one tell me, what is the maximum number of characters that can be stored in a variable? Thanks in Advance, Shan (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcshan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep results to store in a shell variable

I have the results of a grep with -n store in a shell variable ie VAR=`grep -n -e 'PATTERN' file` How ever I am missing the line breaks in the variable , How do I store the resualts of grep with many lines in to a variables. I want the varable should be the sawmway as we do the grep grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store grep command in a Variable

I have a variable A echo $A 5060 I am exporting the value X,Y,Z and it id fetching right thing and When I run C=`${X} -l ${Y} ${Z} "trap '' INT;. ~/.profile >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; netstat -na | grep \$A`" here it is going to same directory and also running netstat -na | grep 5060 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep to extract line number

I'm trying to use grep to get the line number only. This is the command I'm using: grep -n "Content-Disposition: attachment" mbox The output I get is: 45:Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="test.txt" So now I just want to get the line number (45) from this output. Can someone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskarica
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing a number at the end of line and store it as variable

Hello, Would someone guide me on how to write a shell script the would search for a phone no using at the end text file using sed or awk and store it in a varaible or print it. The text file is in this form text or numbers in first line text or numbers in second line . . . Firsname... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amuthiga
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep attribute value pair and store it a variable

Hi, I have a file contains attribute value pair like.. ..name=erick rollno=583.0 pass=recon.. From the above line, i need to grep for only "rollno" and store "rollno=583.0" in a variable. Pls suggest (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skraja1982
6 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to store the value of grep in a variable

Hi , I was trying to store the value of a grep command to store in a variable so i can use it somewhere else in my script but i am getting error, i am using bash shell in linux: var= `grep -n "$DATE" testfile.log | head -n 1 | sed -n 's/^\(*\).*/\1/p` echo "$var"I get the error: unexpected... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninguser235
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store result of grep into a variable?

In a directory i have a file *output* whose contents are changing for every simulation. zgrep "trace file is" *output* | zgrep g o/p: trace file is Int_01.1352176388z4f56ec33.0.trace.gz I want to extract "Int_01.1352176388z4f56ec33.0.trace.gz" from the above result into a variable. i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: twistedpair
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string from a file and store it in variable

Hi, I've a file ImageSizeDetails.txt with the following contents: Image Name: swncd 01.10.00.04 Created: Wed Jan 9 14:05:48 2013 Image Type: ARM Linux Multi-File Image (gzip compressed) Data Size: 7351011 Bytes = 7178.72 kB = 7.01 MB Load Address: 00008000 Entry Point: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract data from a file and store it in a variable

Hi , I have an file like below , cat input.txt 'Pattern2' => 'blahdalskdahdlahldahdlakhdlahdlkajdlkaadasdadadadadadadasda ajlalnalndklandlaksdlkaddd' 'Pattern2' => 'aohaonalkndlanldandlandklasnldnaldnak' ............ ........ ..... Here is what am trying to do , I want to grep for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
3 Replies
FS_LSMOUNT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_LSMOUNT(1)

NAME
fs_lsmount - Reports the volume for which a directory is the mount point. SYNOPSIS
fs lsmount -dir <directory>+ [-help] fs ls -d <directory>+ [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs lsmount command reports the volume for which each specified directory is a mount point, or indicates with an error message that a directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS. To create a mount point, use the fs mkmount command. To remove one, use the fs rmmount command. OPTIONS
-dir <directory>+ Names the directory that serves as a mount point for a volume. The last element in the pathname provided must be an actual name, not a shorthand notation such as one or two periods ("." or ".."). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If the specified directory is a mount point, the output is of the following form: '<directory>' is a mount point for volume '<volume name>' where o A number sign ("#") precedes the <volume name> string for a regular mount point. o A percent sign ("%") precedes the <volume name> string for a read/write mount point. o A cell name and colon (":") follow the number or percent sign and precede the <volume name> string for a cellular mount point. The fs mkmount reference page explains how the Cache Manager interprets each of the three types of mount points. If the directory is a symbolic link to a mount point, the output is of the form: '<directory>' is a symbolic link, leading to a mount point for volume '<volume name>' If the directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS, the output reads: '<directory>' is not a mount point. If the output is garbled, it is possible that the mount point has become corrupted in the local AFS client cache. Use the fs flushmount command to discard it, which forces the Cache Manager to refetch the mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the mount point for the home directory of user "smith": % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com/usr/smith '/afs/abc.com/usr/smith' is a mount point for volume '#user.smith' The following example shows both the regular and read/write mount points for the ABC Corporation cell's "root.cell" volume. % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com '/afs/abc.com' is a mount point for volume '#root.cell' % fs lsmount /afs/.abc.com '/afs/.abc.com' is a mount point for volume '%root.cell' The following example shows a cellular mount point: the State University cell's "root.cell" volume as mounted in the ABC Corporation cell's tree. % fs lsmount /afs/stateu.edu '/afs/stateu.edu' is a mount point for volume '#stateu.edu:root.cell' PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "l" (lookup) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -dir argument, and on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_flushmount(1), fs_mkmount(1), fs_rmmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_LSMOUNT(1)