Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris find and sed comand for Solaris 9 Post 302295050 by ce9888 on Friday 6th of March 2009 11:35:41 AM
Old 03-06-2009
mv doesn't change ownership.

Code:
sed 's/10.117.18.70/10.117.18.73/g' $fl.old > $fl 

It's when you creating the new file. Just run the script as the current owner of the file.

Or you can complexify you script...

Code:
#!/bin/bash
for fl in `find . -type f` ; do
   owner=`ls -al $fl | awk '{printf "%s:%s",$3,$4}'`
   mv $fl $fl.old
   sed 's/10.117.18.70/10.117.18.73/g' $fl.old > $fl 
   rm -f $fl.old
   chown $owner $fl
done

Last edited by ce9888; 03-06-2009 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: wasn't working. this one works

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount comand

Dear experts: I am installing software on Unix via telnet using CD on my NT workstation. What kind of NFS & mount comands I should run in the beginning ? (what exactly should be <drive for cdrom> and <mount ditectory> in the mount comand? Thanks in advance, etc.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostam
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exec comand

hi, i have written a small script in which i use exec command and redriect output to a file..after sometime i want to switch it off and redirect the output to screen..how to do it exec >> /tmp/out.txt 2>&1 //set of statements then i want to switch of these exec as the rest should get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkan
5 Replies

3. Solaris

comand df -k

I need to know the available space in my unix. when making a df -k it shows me the following thing: /dev/vx/dsk/emc2/vol06 136764867 121542767 1545614 99% /emc06 would need them to explain to me well the command. since under the column avail the resulting value is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roviedo
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Using dd comand

Hello peolple i have to check a tape with de dd comand and redirect the exit dd if=/dev/rmt/0cn ibs=1024k of=/dev/null i need that the exit from that commando go to a log if a do this dd if=/dev/rmt/0cn ibs=1024k of=/dev/null > x.log don`t send me nothing to the log only in the screen. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Rename files using (find mv and sed)

In response to a closed thread for degraff63 at https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/108882-using-mv-find-exec.html the following command might do it as some shells spit it without the "exec bash -c " part: Find . -name "*.model" -exec bash -c "mv {} \`echo {} | sed -e 's//_/g'\`"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupert160
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Is it possible to find the seek rate of the find command in Solaris?

Hello, I am running some performance based tests on Solaris, and I was wondering how fast the "seeking" rate of Solaris is, or how fast Solaris can get information about files with the "find" command. Does anyone know what 'find' command I could run to traverse through my system to see the rate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstring
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Find and sed for an email address in Solaris 10

in Solaris 10 I am able to run: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec grep example.com {} \; and I get results. but when I try to find and sed: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec sed -e 's/user@example\.com/user2@example\.com' {} \; the command executes correctly but doesn't change... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX comand

Team, I need unix command to grep directory part from the string for example I have a texts something like /apps/opt/data/current/spool/test.dbf /apps/opt/archive/../../test.dbf I need only directory part from that string like my out put will /apps/opt/data/current/spool/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asappidi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find comand directories permissions

Hi, In the code below, while the "xarsg" command does not search in "tavi_valo" subdir? IAB00201:UG02222:EXPL> ls -1|xargs -IXX find XX -name tv_va_servbonos 2>/dev/null UG02222/fuentes/TAVA/TAVA4E0000/backup/tv_va_servbonos... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Luis
2 Replies
SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					       SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-subst - GNU shtool sed(1) substitution operations SYNOPSIS
shtool subst [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-n|--nop] [-w|--warning] [-q|--quiet] [-s|--stealth] [-i|--interactive] [-b|--backup ext] [-e|--exec cmd] [-f|--file cmd-file] [file] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
This command applies one or more sed(1) substitution operations to stdin or any number of files. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -n, --nop No operation mode. Actual execution of the essential shell commands which would be executed is suppressed. -w, --warning Show warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change on every file. The default is to show a warning on substitution operations resulted in no content change on all files. -q, --quiet Suppress warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change. -s, --stealth Stealth operation. Preserve timestamp on file. -i, --interactive Enter interactive mode where the user has to approve each operation. -b, --backup ext Preserve backup of original file using file name extension ext. Default is to overwrite the original file. -e, --exec cmd Specify sed(1) command directly. -f, --file cmd-file Read sed(1) command from file. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool subst -i -e 's;(c) ([0-9]*)-2000;(c) 1-2001;' *.[ch] # RPM spec-file %install shtool subst -v -n -e 's;^(prefix=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix};g' -e 's;^(sysconfdir=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix}/etc;g' `find . -name Makefile -print` make install HISTORY
The GNU shtool subst command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 2001 for GNU shtool. It was prompted by the need to have a uniform and convenient patching frontend to sed(1) operations in the OpenPKG package specifications. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)