Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris find and sed comand for Solaris 9 Post 302294997 by lamoul on Friday 6th of March 2009 09:45:29 AM
Old 03-06-2009
find and sed comand for Solaris 9

Hi,

I'm looking to combine the two commands find and sed together for the work that i'm worknig on.
I need to find the ip addresse in any file from current directory and below, once is found i need to replace it with new ip addresse. Here is what i have but not complete.

Find IP from current directory to sub-directory
#find . -type f |xargs grep -l "10.117.18.70"

My script can only change ip that found in current directory but not sub-directory. I want to combine the find and this sed in script.

#!/bin/bash
for fl in *.* ; do

mv $fl $fl.old
sed 's/10.117.18.70/10.117.18.73/g' $fl.old > $fl
rm -f $fl.old
done

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount comand

Dear experts: I am installing software on Unix via telnet using CD on my NT workstation. What kind of NFS & mount comands I should run in the beginning ? (what exactly should be <drive for cdrom> and <mount ditectory> in the mount comand? Thanks in advance, etc.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostam
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exec comand

hi, i have written a small script in which i use exec command and redriect output to a file..after sometime i want to switch it off and redirect the output to screen..how to do it exec >> /tmp/out.txt 2>&1 //set of statements then i want to switch of these exec as the rest should get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkan
5 Replies

3. Solaris

comand df -k

I need to know the available space in my unix. when making a df -k it shows me the following thing: /dev/vx/dsk/emc2/vol06 136764867 121542767 1545614 99% /emc06 would need them to explain to me well the command. since under the column avail the resulting value is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roviedo
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Using dd comand

Hello peolple i have to check a tape with de dd comand and redirect the exit dd if=/dev/rmt/0cn ibs=1024k of=/dev/null i need that the exit from that commando go to a log if a do this dd if=/dev/rmt/0cn ibs=1024k of=/dev/null > x.log don`t send me nothing to the log only in the screen. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Rename files using (find mv and sed)

In response to a closed thread for degraff63 at https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/108882-using-mv-find-exec.html the following command might do it as some shells spit it without the "exec bash -c " part: Find . -name "*.model" -exec bash -c "mv {} \`echo {} | sed -e 's//_/g'\`"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupert160
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Is it possible to find the seek rate of the find command in Solaris?

Hello, I am running some performance based tests on Solaris, and I was wondering how fast the "seeking" rate of Solaris is, or how fast Solaris can get information about files with the "find" command. Does anyone know what 'find' command I could run to traverse through my system to see the rate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstring
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Find and sed for an email address in Solaris 10

in Solaris 10 I am able to run: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec grep example.com {} \; and I get results. but when I try to find and sed: find . -type f -name "copy*" exec sed -e 's/user@example\.com/user2@example\.com' {} \; the command executes correctly but doesn't change... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX comand

Team, I need unix command to grep directory part from the string for example I have a texts something like /apps/opt/data/current/spool/test.dbf /apps/opt/archive/../../test.dbf I need only directory part from that string like my out put will /apps/opt/data/current/spool/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asappidi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find comand directories permissions

Hi, In the code below, while the "xarsg" command does not search in "tavi_valo" subdir? IAB00201:UG02222:EXPL> ls -1|xargs -IXX find XX -name tv_va_servbonos 2>/dev/null UG02222/fuentes/TAVA/TAVA4E0000/backup/tv_va_servbonos... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Luis
2 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with 'nwbpvalues -c'. See util/nwbpsecurity for an example. As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)