Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C code for Sending Email with attachment Post 302294987 by glen.barber on Friday 6th of March 2009 09:29:20 AM
Old 03-06-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email w/ ftp log as attachment

Can this be done? Code samples welcome and encouraged. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: idesaj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending an attachment through email

As a part of requirement I need to send out mails with attachment from UNIX. I have to take query the Oracle DB and send the result of the query in an attachment through mail. I use the following script for the same. #!/bin/csh #!/bin/bash #!/bin/ksh ATTFILE=/folder1/test.xls cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Email with Attachment

Hi, I want to send an email with multiple attachment using uuencode and mail command. I am able to send with one attachment Ex:uuencode abc.txt abc.txt | mail test@test.com -s "Test3" Can anyone reply with syntax. Regards BS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email and attachment file using Perl

I am trying to send an email body of information and also attachment using perl script, but I am only able to send the body but not an attachment. is there around it without using "use MIME::Lite;" module. $user = "bataf\@xyz.com"; $subjectt = "mail from perl"; open(MAIL, "| mailx -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bataf
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email with attachment and body

Hi I want to able to attach a file to a email and send it with a body the body of the email is within the "body" file, and the attachment in "atch" if i send like below it will send the email correctly /usr/sbin/sendmail me@you.com< body And when i send the attachment alone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridanu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending an email with attachment

Hi, Please help me in sending an e-mail with attachment through unix mailx command is not present in our unix box. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dudd9
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending a file as an attachment to email

The file is located under appl/batchdata/ file name: storesales.txt I am using following code because uuencode is not present. I am not getting the data in file but i am getting the blank file with same name as an email attachment. ( echo "from: sch@xxxx.com" echo "to:sch@xxxx.com" echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skatpally
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for sending email attachment

Hi Please help me how to send email attchment from linux server to outlook id I dont have uuencode or mutt installed on my machine and below is my uname -a output: Linux xxxxxxx 2.6.18-308.4.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 28 01:54:56 EDT 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment with email without using uuencode and mutt

Hi All, do we have any option for sending attachment with email except using uuencode and mutt, because if i use these utilities then i will have to install them separately which is not feasible at time. please suggest on this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Sending email with message body and attachment

Hello experts!! I am trying to send an email with message body and attachment.but i am getting any one like message body or attachment. I tried below command: (echo "subject:test";echo "MIME-Version: 1.0";echo "content-transfer-encoding:base 64";echo "content-type:txt;name=test.txt";cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
2 Replies
PMDASENDMAIL(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   PMDASENDMAIL(1)

NAME
pmdasendmail - sendmail performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) SYNOPSIS
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/pmdasendmail [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username] DESCRIPTION
pmdasendmail is a sendmail Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports mail traffic statistics as collected by sendmail(1). Before the sendmail PMDA can export any metrics, sendmail(1) must have statistics collection enabled. This involves checking the name of the statistics file, as given by the OS or O StatusFile control lines in /etc/sendmail.cf, and then creating this file if it does not already exist. Removing the file will terminate statistics collection by sendmail(1) and hence the sendmail PMDA. A brief description of the pmdasendmail command line options follows: -d It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts. -l Location of the log file. By default, a log file named sendmail.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdasendmail is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead. -U User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default. There are no communication options, as the Install script ensures the sendmail PMDA will be connected to PMCD by a pipe. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names, help text and values for the sendmail performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail # ./Remove pmdasendmail is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMCDCONF_PATH command line options used to launch pmdasendmail $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/help default help text file for the sendmail metrics $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/Install installation script for the pmdasendmail agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/sendmail/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasendmail agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/sendmail.log default log file for error messages and other information from pmdasendmail /etc/sendmail.cf sendmail configuration file to identify the name of the statistics file PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). SEE ALSO
pmcd(1) and sendmail(1). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDASENDMAIL(1)