Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to increase the maximum record length Post 302294539 by otheus on Thursday 5th of March 2009 11:33:01 AM
Old 03-05-2009
What are you using to create this file? What counts as a "record"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum file name length

Hi folks, Can anybody tell me whether there is any limit on the file name length and directory name length in UNIX. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum Command Length

What is the maximum size of a command which can be given in telnet command prompt in unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the maximum length of th os-command line in Unix.

Hi All, I didn't find any thread that match this question so I hope it's not redundant. I am totally new to Unix. I want to know what is the maximum length of the os-commandline in Unix. Will it cause any problem if I run any application whose total path length is much longer than 256... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumardesai
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

Increase Password length

Hello All, I am using RHEL 4. Currently maximum password length limit is set to 8 on my system. Please tell what do i need to change to increase this limit to say 20. I changed the login.defs and included the following line - " PASS_MAX_LEN 20 " but this dint work. I further... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make variable length record a fixed length

Very, very new to unix scripting and have a unique situation. I have a file of records that contain 3 records types: (H)eader Records (D)etail Records (T)railer Records The Detail records are 82 bytes in length which is perfect. The Header and Trailer records sometimes are 82 bytes in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a maximum length for a shell script command?

Is there a maximum length for a shell script command? How can I detect that in my OS? For example, if I have something like: command A | command B | command C | awk '{print $1 $2 $3 $4 $5}' then can we break the commands and also the arguments inside awk ? Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbar
11 Replies

8. Programming

Maximum length of a line

How can I change the maximum length of a programming line in fortran and C (specifically in fortran 77)? Seems the default maximum length is 72 in fortran 77. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximum length of a string

good friends days I would love to know if I can help you know the length of a string example: cadena= "cual es mi largo" echo "cadena : $cadena# cadena :16 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert variable length record to fixed length

Hi Team, I have an issue to split the file which is having special chracter(German Char) using awk command. I have a different length records in a file. I am separating the files based on the length using awk command. The command is working fine if the record is not having any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthuvan
7 Replies
any(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition							 any(3erl)

NAME
any - the corba any type DESCRIPTION
This module contains functions that gives an interface to the CORBA any type. Note that the any interface in orber does not contain a destroy function because the any type is represented as an Erlang record and there- for will be removed by the garbage collector when not in use. The type TC used below describes an IDL type and is a tuple according to the to the Erlang language mapping. The type Any used below is defined as: -record(any, {typecode, value}). where typecode is a TC tuple and value is an Erlang term of the type defined by the typecode field. EXPORTS
create() -> Result create(Typecode, Value) -> Result Types Typecode = TC Value = term() Result = Any The create/0 function creates an empty any record and the create/2 function creates an initialized record. set_typecode(A, Typecode) -> Result Types A = Any Typecode = TC Result = Any This function sets the typecode of A and returns a new any record. get_typecode(A) -> Result Types A = Any Result = TC This function returns the typecode of A . set_value(A, Value) -> Result Types A = Any Value = term() Result = Any This function sets the value of A and returns a new any record. get_value(A) -> Result Types A = Any Result = term() This function returns the value of A . Ericsson AB orber 3.6.20 any(3erl)