Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to search a string and redirect according to output Post 302294431 by Aditya.Gurgaon on Thursday 5th of March 2009 07:08:33 AM
Old 03-05-2009
to search a string and redirect according to output

i have a file (kk.log) in which following contents are there:
=====================================

Enter:YOU HAVE ENTERED : a
TestCase: TC1226677371 IS PASSED
2009-02-25 13:57:33.444 INFO com.t.t.exporterporter - Initialising Xml Exporter....
2009-02-25 13:57:33.445 INFO com.gg.daptor.daptor - Starting process
--
2009-02-25 13:57:33.827 INFO com.gg.daptor.Consume - Starting process
2009-02-25 13:57:33.827 INFO com.at.ipcoreexport.IPCoreExport - 1
2009-02-25 13:57:38.829 INFO com.gg.consumeradaptor.Conr - Sending StartFaptor : [xxxx]
TestCase: TC1226677371 IS FAILED

======================
i want a script which will give the two output ..i mean the PASSED will be stored in one file and FAILED will be stored in another file
i .e
TestCase: TC1226677371 IS FAILED will be stored in one file
TestCase: TC1226677371 IS PASSED will be stored in another file

I need help ........please help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and find the string and output to a new file.

Hi I want to search the following in the entire file and put them in a diff file. file 1 contains : Non error probabilities are not decreasing in curve 1GEORGE_SGD_SUB Mid Point RESCAP_SGD_SNU curve have errors Non default probabilities are not decreasing in curve ABF_JPY_SUB Mid Point... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szchmaltz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect an awk string output to a script input with pipes

Hi, I have a function in a bash script that returns a string after some operations using awk. The following code returns 555 $VARIABLE="EXAMPLE" get_number $VARIABLE this value I'd like to pass it as a second argument of another script with the following usage myscript.sh <param1>... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rid
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search an output string between two strings

I would like to search for strings stored in searchstringfile.txt in inputfiles. searchstringfile.txt J./F. Gls. Wal F. Towerinput1.txt What is needed is J./F. 12 var Gls. Wal 16 interp. Tower 12 input2.txt Awk shall search for F. 16 pt. J./F. 22 output.txt input1.txt J./F. = 12 var... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string within a file and list common words from the line having the search string

Hi, Need your help for this scripting issue I have. I am not really good at this, so seeking your help. I have a file looking similar to this: Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. How are you? Hello, i am human and name=PQRS. I am good. Hello, i am human and name=ABCD. Good bye. Hello, i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output of the file based on String

Hi, I need to redirect the output of the file until the first instance of a string is found. So in the filename output.txt i was to redirect everything from the start to where i find this string "BEA-000377" is found to a new file called output_new.txt Sample output.txt the controller... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern as output between the matched String

Hello, I have a file which has the below contents : VG_name LV_name LV_size in MB LV_option LV_mountpoint owner group y testdg rahul2lv 10 "-A y -L" /home/abc2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags SYNOPSIS
lintian-info [log-file...] lintian-info --tags tag ... DESCRIPTION
The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag or tags. If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command. (Note, though, that the lintian command has a command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this command.) OPTIONS
-a, --annotate Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override entries. For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. --profile prof Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags. If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default profile for than vendor is chosen. If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor. Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles. -t, --tags Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag. EXIT STATUS
If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1. Otherwise, it always returns with exit code 0. SEE ALSO
lintian(1) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> perl v5.14.2 2013-02-16 LINTIAN-INFO(1)