Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Aix xlc interesting SEGV on exit Post 302294157 by bakunin on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 04:36:18 PM
Old 03-04-2009
While i can't help you directly with your problem (stopped programming way too long ago and never did it under AIX) here are some general pointers which might help you:

Try the AIX programmers reference offered at the Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Stuttgart:

AIX Documentation: Programmer's Reference

It is for AIX 5.2, which might not be the release you are using, but maybe the problem is not version-dependent.

You may know the standard debugger "dbx", but you might not know the kernel debugger "kdb". Beware, though! This is a quite dangerous tool, you could easily crash the machine.

Lastly, we have a special forum for High-Level Programming in Unix environments. You might want to pass this thread over to there. Give me (any mod) a short note if you want to do this.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

AIX- xlc and cc

when i compile with Xlc i sometimes get the following Error: (S) Initialization between types "int" and "struct MskTtimerData*" is not allowed. when i compile with cc with the same Flags, i only get a (W) with the same message, but it compiles fine. How can i get the Xlc to 'ignore' the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
3 Replies

2. AIX

aix xlc

Hi guys, I need to compile sap libraries, installed make, automake, gcc, libstc libgcc and everything I used to install on linux when compiling when i run make, it aborts with the error msg /usr/bin/sh: xlc: not found. I see the binary xlc is missing lslpp -l | grep -i xlc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

3. AIX

Need help installing 'xlc' on AIX

Hello, I'm getting "xlc: not found" error compiling code using 'make oracle' command on IBM AIX. C/C++ compiler is installed, but 'xlc' still missing. Could you please tell me which OS package contains the 'xlc' executable? $ > make oracle xlc -qmkshrobj -e MQStart -L/usr/mqm/lib -lmqmcs_r... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: safir29
4 Replies

4. Programming

Interesting issue with pthread_mutex_lock and siglongjmp in AIX 5.3 (and no other OS)

Executive summary: Code (posted below) cores in AIX 5.3, despite being compiled and run successfully on several other operating systems. Code is attempting to verify that pthread_mutex_lock can be successfully aborted by siglongjmp. I do not believe this is an unreasonable requirement. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Xlc compiler

Hi Team I have a native applicaiton built on AIX using the xLC v8 Which could be the possible impacts from a code change point of view if I'll compile with the xLC v10? Thanks Marco (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antcos
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with HUP and SEGV.

Hello - I need to know the detail of HUP and SEGV. I know HUP is Hangup and can be use to kill a Unix login session remotely by sending a hangup signal to the process running the login session. Could someone tell me in detail prupose of HUP and SEGV (segmentation violation)? I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namasteall2000
1 Replies

7. AIX

xlc question on AIX

Problem when compiling c-source with xlc it will generate some other files .lst .call. This kind of files is generated on the current directory. Question Can I influence the directory where the .lst and .call is generated. What i want is a dir stucture like this: project |---c-source... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: corley
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XLC compiler: enterprise edition VS XLC for AIX

Who can explain in a few words the difference between XLC for AIX and XLC enterprise Edition for AIX (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fvaltat1
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Help needed 'Segv'

Red Hat Enterprise 4.5 (32 bit) In strace we see "unexpected reloc type 0x38" What does that code 0x38 mean? mprotect(0x59a000, 42229760, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE) = 0 writev(2, unexpected reloc type 0x38", 26}, {"", 0}, {"", 0}, {"\n", 1}], 1 0) = 113 exit_group(127) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunusernewbie
6 Replies

10. AIX

AIX xlc compiler vs gcc

Hello, We are migrating some applications from previously running on an AIX system to a Linux RedHat system. I was tasked with recompiling some of the code. Unfortunatly I am a big novice on this. So i have the commands used to compile the code with xlc compiler in the AIX environment and i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spooksman
0 Replies
sigtrap(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      sigtrap(3pm)

NAME
sigtrap - Perl pragma to enable simple signal handling SYNOPSIS
use sigtrap; use sigtrap qw(stack-trace old-interface-signals); # equivalent use sigtrap qw(BUS SEGV PIPE ABRT); use sigtrap qw(die INT QUIT); use sigtrap qw(die normal-signals); use sigtrap qw(die untrapped normal-signals); use sigtrap qw(die untrapped normal-signals stack-trace any error-signals); use sigtrap 'handler' => &my_handler, 'normal-signals'; use sigtrap qw(handler my_handler normal-signals stack-trace error-signals); DESCRIPTION
The sigtrap pragma is a simple interface to installing signal handlers. You can have it install one of two handlers supplied by sigtrap itself (one which provides a Perl stack trace and one which simply "die()"s), or alternately you can supply your own handler for it to install. It can be told only to install a handler for signals which are either untrapped or ignored. It has a couple of lists of signals to trap, plus you can supply your own list of signals. The arguments passed to the "use" statement which invokes sigtrap are processed in order. When a signal name or the name of one of sigtrap's signal lists is encountered a handler is immediately installed, when an option is encountered it affects subsequently installed handlers. OPTIONS
SIGNAL HANDLERS These options affect which handler will be used for subsequently installed signals. stack-trace The handler used for subsequently installed signals outputs a Perl stack trace to STDERR and then tries to dump core. This is the default signal handler. die The handler used for subsequently installed signals calls "die" (actually "croak") with a message indicating which signal was caught. handler your-handler your-handler will be used as the handler for subsequently installed signals. your-handler can be any value which is valid as an assignment to an element of %SIG. See perlvar for examples of handler functions. SIGNAL LISTS sigtrap has a few built-in lists of signals to trap. They are: normal-signals These are the signals which a program might normally expect to encounter and which by default cause it to terminate. They are HUP, INT, PIPE and TERM. error-signals These signals usually indicate a serious problem with the Perl interpreter or with your script. They are ABRT, BUS, EMT, FPE, ILL, QUIT, SEGV, SYS and TRAP. old-interface-signals These are the signals which were trapped by default by the old sigtrap interface, they are ABRT, BUS, EMT, FPE, ILL, PIPE, QUIT, SEGV, SYS, TERM, and TRAP. If no signals or signals lists are passed to sigtrap, this list is used. For each of these three lists, the collection of signals set to be trapped is checked before trapping; if your architecture does not implement a particular signal, it will not be trapped but rather silently ignored. OTHER untrapped This token tells sigtrap to install handlers only for subsequently listed signals which aren't already trapped or ignored. any This token tells sigtrap to install handlers for all subsequently listed signals. This is the default behavior. signal Any argument which looks like a signal name (that is, "/^[A-Z][A-Z0-9]*$/") indicates that sigtrap should install a handler for that name. number Require that at least version number of sigtrap is being used. EXAMPLES
Provide a stack trace for the old-interface-signals: use sigtrap; Ditto: use sigtrap qw(stack-trace old-interface-signals); Provide a stack trace on the 4 listed signals only: use sigtrap qw(BUS SEGV PIPE ABRT); Die on INT or QUIT: use sigtrap qw(die INT QUIT); Die on HUP, INT, PIPE or TERM: use sigtrap qw(die normal-signals); Die on HUP, INT, PIPE or TERM, except don't change the behavior for signals which are already trapped or ignored: use sigtrap qw(die untrapped normal-signals); Die on receipt one of an of the normal-signals which is currently untrapped, provide a stack trace on receipt of any of the error-signals: use sigtrap qw(die untrapped normal-signals stack-trace any error-signals); Install my_handler() as the handler for the normal-signals: use sigtrap 'handler', &my_handler, 'normal-signals'; Install my_handler() as the handler for the normal-signals, provide a Perl stack trace on receipt of one of the error-signals: use sigtrap qw(handler my_handler normal-signals stack-trace error-signals); perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 sigtrap(3pm)