Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users dnsstuff says no reverse dns in place, but there is! Post 302294076 by otheus on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 11:43:25 AM
Old 03-04-2009
no. i dont.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet refused / reverse DNS issue?

I have users with laptops who may telnet from the local network one minute and then connect remotely a short time later from a different IP address. This causes a problem as the UnixWare 7.1.1 server appears to try to resolve the remote machine name (via our primary DNS server) to the IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse DNS problem

Hi everyone, I am having a problem in the following area: I want to arrange list of Ip Addresses selected from a multiple files and make it look like this: "IP=192.168.0.1, hostname=snake.cooliris.com" Now i have already written the code to select the ip address from various files but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snake450
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[DNS] Reverse Lookup for 2 IP Addresses

Originally I had the server at home and on Comcast so I used dyndns.org for DNS. Once the server got a bit more popular, I leased a server at a colo facility. They set up the server name in their DNS so I didn't really have any reason to manage my own DNS. DynDNS was managing the domains and I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS forward and reverse entry required thorugh scripting instead of manually done

HI GUrus, I am very mcuh new for this forum ....i need you all guys help for resolving my queries. As i have DNS server , platform is sunsolaris----8. We are using that serevr for resolving all network nodes. I am going to explain the process what i am following .... I could have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leenagoyal
2 Replies

5. Solaris

What is the best way to copy data from place to another place?

Dear Gurus, I need you to advice or suggestion about the best solution to copy data around 200-300G from serverA(location A) to serverB(location B). Normally, I will share folder and then copy but it takes too long time(about 2 days). Do you have any suggestion or which way should be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
9 Replies

6. IP Networking

Reverse DNS

Hello, I'm trying to get reverse dns to point to my domain on network but I'm failing. I am using bind dns with port 53 enabled and my ISP is mediacom. Currently my reverse dns is *.client.mchsi.com and I would like to make it example.com basically. My bind configuration I have 2 records, one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GRMrGecko
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

HOWTO: Linux multihomed dns client - reverse lookup

The following thread is closed: 133552-howto-linux-multihomed-dns-client (Sorry I am not allowed to post URLs) Therefore I write this append in an own thread. The HOWTO in the referenced thread helped me a lot and I only want to append how to make reverse lookup working for a local zone: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scheruga
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

DNS reverse lookup issue

Hi guys. Ok so let me lay out my configs. I can do a NSlookup from client to server BUT NOT a reverse lookup. DNS server: Optimus.jaydomain.com IP : 192.168.1.50 DNS Client: Megatron.jaydomain.com IP : 192.168.1.60 On Sever: # cat /etc/named.conf // // named.conf // // Provided... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
4 Replies
THIN_RMAP(g(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    THIN_RMAP(g(8)

NAME
thin_rmap - output reverse map of a thin provisioned region of blocks from metadata device or file SYNOPSIS
thin_rmap [options] {device|file} DESCRIPTION
thin_rmap outputs the reverse mapping stored in the metadata on a device or file between a region of thin provisioned pool blocks and the associated thin provisioned devices. --region <block range> output reverse map -h, --help Print help and exit. -V, --version Output version information and exit. EXAMPLES
output reverse map for pool blocks 5..45 (denotes blocks 5 to 44 inclusive, but not block 45) thin_rmap -r 5..45 /dev/vg/pool DIAGNOSTICS
thin_rmap returns an exit code of 0 for success or 1 for error. SEE ALSO
thin_check(8) thin_dump(8) thin_repair(8) thin_restore(8) thin_metadata_size(8) AUTHOR
Joe Thornber <ejt@redhat.com> Heinz Mauelshagen <HeinzM@RedHat.com> Red Hat, Inc. Thin Provisioning Tools THIN_RMAP(g(8)