Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Regular Expression - Replace if x contains y except if... Post 302294070 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 11:32:24 AM
Old 03-04-2009
one way:
Code:
awk ' { if(index($0, "green" )>0)  {print $0; next}
          if(index($0, "red") >0 ) {next}
          print $0
        } ' inputfile > newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression

Hi all, My log file is like 19:40:22 INFO :Total time taken to Service External Request---15ms 19:40:22 INFO : External service failed with status KO 19:40:22 FATAL: External service failed with status KO 19:40:22 DEBUG : Batch started with 19:40:22 ERROR: Member: dmidecode.x86_64... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
1 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace words in sed using regular expression

hi, I need to replace all these lines from my text file 123end 234end 324end 234end 989end 258end 924end At the moment I know how to replace "end". But I want to replace the numbers before end as well. How can I do this ? sed s/end/newWord/ myfile.txt newFile.txt thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular Expression

Hi, How can I use a regular expression that will find only errors of ORA-00600 that does not contain 12333 if the first brackets: example text: ORA-02999 : test message, ignore me ORA-00600: dddd sss ORA-00600: dddd sss sas ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: , , , , , ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

7. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expression help

\..\ {3\}$ which one of these does this match rs.ef$tt abc.ab abc.$$$$ abc I think its the 1st one what do you think? Thanks Please use code tags! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew211
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : regular expression to replace the strings

There are 2 strings as below. $str1 = "41148,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"; $date = "TUE 08-28-2012"; The output should be as below $str1 = "TUE 08-28-2012,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"; Could anyone please help with the perl regular expression or any other alternative? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies
libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)				      libcaca				      libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)

NAME
libcaca attribute definitions - Enumerations enum caca_color { CACA_BLACK = 0x00, CACA_BLUE = 0x01, CACA_GREEN = 0x02, CACA_CYAN = 0x03, CACA_RED = 0x04, CACA_MAGENTA = 0x05, CACA_BROWN = 0x06, CACA_LIGHTGRAY = 0x07, CACA_DARKGRAY = 0x08, CACA_LIGHTBLUE = 0x09, CACA_LIGHTGREEN = 0x0a, CACA_LIGHTCYAN = 0x0b, CACA_LIGHTRED = 0x0c, CACA_LIGHTMAGENTA = 0x0d, CACA_YELLOW = 0x0e, CACA_WHITE = 0x0f, CACA_DEFAULT = 0x10, CACA_TRANSPARENT = 0x20 } enum caca_style { CACA_BOLD = 0x01, CACA_ITALICS = 0x02, CACA_UNDERLINE = 0x04, CACA_BLINK = 0x08 } Detailed Description Colours and styles that can be used with caca_set_attr(). Enumeration Type Documentation enum caca_color libcaca colour keyword Enumerator: CACA_BLACK The colour index for black. CACA_BLUE The colour index for blue. CACA_GREEN The colour index for green. CACA_CYAN The colour index for cyan. CACA_RED The colour index for red. CACA_MAGENTA The colour index for magenta. CACA_BROWN The colour index for brown. CACA_LIGHTGRAY The colour index for light gray. CACA_DARKGRAY The colour index for dark gray. CACA_LIGHTBLUE The colour index for blue. CACA_LIGHTGREEN The colour index for light green. CACA_LIGHTCYAN The colour index for light cyan. CACA_LIGHTRED The colour index for light red. CACA_LIGHTMAGENTA The colour index for light magenta. CACA_YELLOW The colour index for yellow. CACA_WHITE The colour index for white. CACA_DEFAULT The output driver's default colour. CACA_TRANSPARENT The transparent colour. enum caca_style libcaca style keyword Enumerator: CACA_BOLD The style mask for bold. CACA_ITALICS The style mask for italics. CACA_UNDERLINE The style mask for underline. CACA_BLINK The style mask for blink. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libcaca from the source code. Version 0.99.beta18 Fri Apr 6 2012 libcaca attribute definitions(3caca)