Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the size of tar,Z,gz type file. Post 302293873 by kalpeer on Wednesday 4th of March 2009 03:50:44 AM
Old 03-04-2009
How to get the size of tar,Z,gz type file.

Hi,

How to get the size of the
.tar file
.Z file
.gz file.

Please help me what command i need to use in shell scripting Smilie

Regards,
Kalai

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar file size (volume) limiting

Hi I am trying to create tar files of a whole bunch of files and want to limit them to 50Mb each. I have tried using the -k option but cannot get it to work. Has anyone out there had success creating these? Cheers Ian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigjeff
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size limitation in Tar command

Hi to every body there, I am new this forum and this is my first post. I am a new user of Unix, is there any size limitation of files while creating tar file. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manvar Khan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

maximum tar file size?

Is there a reasonable maximum limit for tar file sizes? I want to transfer a pile of files from one server to another but have restricted means, so tarring them first will probably be best... but how big can I go - both for the file format itself and for the operating system (linux) to handle? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to modify font size and type from script

I need to print different lines in different font types and sizes to the terminal window from csh script. I can easily change font color and print characters in bold or underline, but cannot figure out a way to change font. Any help is greatly appreciated.:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: helido
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print folder size ordered by pattern value of specific file type :-) ! challenge !

Hello dear unix command line friends ! I'm looking for a simple combinaison of ls & awk (maybe grep) to print: list of folders of a directory |_ ordered by size like what I have with $ du -sk ./* | sort -rn printing that result: 8651520 ./New Virtual Machine_1 8389120 ./Redhat ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holister
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using squid to block downloads by size and file type

Can someone tell me how I can use squid to block downloads by certain file types and/or by download size. I want to block people from downloading files of certain type e.g .mp3 and also files of sizes above 30MB. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bryanmuts2000
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase Font size for text to type in CYGWIN

Please mention "How to increase font size for text to type commands in CYGWIN " ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adirajup
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compress a tar file to smaller size

I have a tar file with name DTT012_GP_20140207.tar and many more with different names of different sizes ranging from 1GB to 4GB. Now my requirement is to extract/not extract these files and then divide it into various parts of size 500MB and save it with different names and then compress... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaibal_bp
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to check if file name ends with .tar OR if the file is a tar file

Hello Team, Would you please help me with a UNIX command that would check if file is a tar file. if we dont have that , can you help me with UNIX command that would check if file ends with .tar Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
10 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)