Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: eclipse console
Top Forums Programming eclipse console Post 302293644 by pludi on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 02:27:19 PM
Old 03-03-2009
A EOF (CTRL-D) isn't quite the same as a SIGINT (CTRL-C). It's even useless if the application is intended as a running in the background (eg a daemon) and thus won't read that EOF.

Open a console, enter 'ps -aux | grep <name of you application>'. The first number is the PID (Process ID) of your application. Use that when you enter 'kill -INT <PID>'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

related to Eclipse

I wanted to install similar automake & friends that exist in kdevelop in Eclipse also. There is a project related to this here and the plugins are at Download section. If everyone did it or might do it in the future, I am interested to know how ! If there is somebody else that has another option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihk
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to link CVS to eclipse...?

Hi All, can any body help me out on conecting CVS to eclipse. Thanks in advance KUSHAGRA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kushagrak
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to launch Eclipse in Solaris 10

Hi people, i just installed Eclipse on my Solaris terminal and i can't seem to run it. Currently i am using the SSH Client software to go to my Unix console.I tried to run the command "eclipse -vm <path of java hre>" as directed however i still can't run the application. My Command prompt is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsontan
5 Replies

4. Programming

debug with eclipse

Hi, i' m using eclipse 3.2.2 on ubuntu. When i debug a program (C language) i cannot see any variable in the variables view. From the console (debug perspective) i can see the message: no source file named class.c. What is the problem??? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Eclipse 3.1 on HP-UX 11i

Hey guys how do you run eclipse on HP-UX 11i? there's a startup.jar and an eclipse file ( which is not an executable ) I get different errors try to run the jar file with different java versions. I have all the possible java vm's installed. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Eclipse for Solaris

i am trying to install weblogic 10.3 but for some component need eclipse from where i can download eclipse and how to install it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
2 Replies

9. Programming

Integrating Jconsole with Eclipse

Hi Guys, I was hoping someone has integrated Eclipse with jconsole to monitor their applications. I have not seen this in action . Any help is much appreciated http://images.devshed.com/fds/smilies/smile.gif Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Eclipse for Solaris 11

I downloaded eclipse for x86. However when I try to start it I get the following:- ld.so.1: eclipse: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/firefox//libxul.so: symbol __1cHmozillaJHashBytes6FpkvI_I_: referenced symbol not found Killed This file libxul.so is in /usr/lib/firefox. How do I get my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
6 Replies
sulogin(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sulogin(1M)

NAME
sulogin - access single-user mode SYNOPSIS
sulogin DESCRIPTION
The sulogin utility is automatically invoked by init when the system is first started. It prompts the user to type the root password to enter system maintenance mode (single-user mode) or to type EOF (typically <CTRL-D>) for normal startup (multi-user mode). The user should never directly invoke sulogin. The sulogin utility can prompt the user to enter the root password on a variable number of serial console devices, in addition to the tra- ditional console device. See consadm(1M) and msglog(7D) for a description of how to configure a serial device to display the single-user login prompt. FILES
/etc/default/sulogin Default value can be set for the following flag: PASSREQ Determines if login requires a password. Default is PASSREQ=YES. /etc/default/login Default value can be set for the following flag: SLEEPTIME If present, sets the number of seconds to wait before login failure is printed to the screen and another login attempt is allowed. Default is 4 seconds. Minimum is 0 seconds. Maximum is 5 seconds. Both su(1M) and login(1) are affected by the value of SLEEPTIME. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
login(1), consadm(1M), init(1M), su(1M), attributes(5), msglog(7D) SunOS 5.10 25 Sep 2002 sulogin(1M)