Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help me with cut part 2..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help me with cut part 2.. Post 302293562 by jrothlisberger on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 10:27:38 AM
Old 03-03-2009
Pretty much the same as you are already doing but as:
cut -d "." -f2-

John

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut part of line

Dear Sirs, I want to cut the IP address from the following text line: " mgmt.mib-2.bgp.bgpPeerTable.bgpPeerEntry.bgpPeerLastError.163.121.170.20 (OctetString): 0x04 00" I want to get the (163.121.170.20) only. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed.zaher
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut a part of the file

This is a part of the output file (x.out, from a chemical software). I need to extract the xyz coordinates with the atom labels from this file.If it's possible i would like to use a bash shell script. I am new to this forum, how can I solve this problem. DIPOLE X Y Z ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurosaki
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to cut a part of a XML file

I want to be able to search and remove a part of this file. For Example I want to make a search for something like Terminal.app and remove the following from the XML file. <dict> <key>GUID</key> <integer>210535539</integer> <key>tile-data</key> <dict> <key>dock-extra</key>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cut a string in two parts and show the other part

hi everybody.. I have a string like : abcd:efgh xxyy:yyxx ssddf:kjlioi ghtyu:jkksk nhjkk:heuiiue please tell me how i can display only the characters after ":" in the output the output should be : efgh yyxx kjlioi jkksk heuiiue please give quick reply.. its urgent..!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamitra
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut and print part of a string

I have a file that contains: yahoo.com.23456 web.log.common.us.gov.8675 192.168.1.55.34443 john-doe.about.com.22233 64.222.3.4.120 sunny.ca.4442 how can i remove the strings after the last dot (.) and reprint the file? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the some part in filename

Hi All, I have the file & name is "/a/b/c/d/e/xyz.dat" I need "/a/b/c/d/e/" from the above file name. I tryning with echo and awk. But it not come. Please help me in this regard. Thanks & Regards, Dathu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cut part of a string in reverse?

Hi, how to cut part of a string sing delimiter in reverse input file 1,2,st-pa-tr-01,2,3,4, 2,3,ff-ht-05,6,7,8 how can i obtain strings till st-pa-tr ff-ht i.e cutting the last part og string -01 and -05 Thanks & Regards Nivi edit by bakunin: changed thread title (typo) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivI
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
face(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)