Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vmtune vmo ioo for oracle
Operating Systems AIX vmtune vmo ioo for oracle Post 302293559 by shockneck on Tuesday 3rd of March 2009 10:18:09 AM
Old 03-03-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by filosophizer
[...]
I have not set the j2_maxPageReadAhead=32 or vmo -p -o lru_file_repage=0 yet..

Before i do that, could you analyze the output of vmstat and (iostat -A).
[...]
Sorry, no. Changing the minperm/maxperm settings the way you did does REQUIRE to change the lru_file_repage algorithm also to really make sense. Set the lru_poll_intervall to 10 if it is at a lower value.
Then put some load on your system by running your application, watch memory usage and come back.

Last edited by shockneck; 03-03-2009 at 11:24 AM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

vmo parameters for good performance !

Guy's I'm looking for vmo parameters on AIX 6.1 to be for data base and application servers to enhance the performance Is there any one has tested good vmo tuning and and felt a good performance on his server Pls advice and provide.. :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
audit_startup(1M)                                         System Administration Commands                                         audit_startup(1M)

NAME
audit_startup - audit subsystem initialization script SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/audit_startup DESCRIPTION
The audit_startup script is used to initialize the audit subsystem before the audit deamon is started. This script is configurable by the system administrator, and currently consists of a series of auditconfig(1M) commands to set the system default policy, and download the initial event to class mapping. SEE ALSO
auditconfig(1M), auditd(1M), bsmconv(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 6 May 1993 audit_startup(1M)