Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract The File Path using SED Post 302293299 by summer_cherry on Monday 2nd of March 2009 10:40:09 PM
Old 03-02-2009
Code:
use strict;
my @arr=('usr/bin/perl/perl.exe','etc/default/passwd/hello','mnt/release/code/sql');
map { print $1,"\n" if /(([^\/]*\/){3})/} @arr;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract only file name from full path file name

What is the smartest way to just extract file name from a full path name. e.g. if I have /usr/sanjay/bin/file_name.c I want only file_name.c Sanjay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract directory from a file path

Im trying to extract a directory from a path entered by the user Lets say the path is path=/home/bliss/files/myfile.txt i wanna extract "/home/bliss/files" from $path ... how can i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrudula009
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get file path using sed

Hi , Hi I want to know how can i extract file path using sed? Eg: C:/folder1/abc/file.txt Now , i want C:/folder1/abc/ only, So that i can move to that directory containing that file . So how can i do it using sed? Thanks in Advance Sarbjit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with path extract from file

hello, i have a configuration file app.conf under /tmp, containing values like : param1=/data/something param2=/data/somethingelse i have a bash script that has to list the files under the path that corresponds to param2 : #!/bin/bash dir=$(cat tmp/app.conf | grep param2 | sed ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaa
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk for extracting directory from file path

Hi, I have following path: set file_path = D:/forums/prac/somedir/new1/file1.txt or set file_path = E:/new/forums1/prac/somedir/new2/file2.txt I need to grep "somedir" from file path. In this case preceding directory "prac" remains same for both the paths, but directories preceding... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a directory path in a file using sed

Hi, I want to remove a directory path from a file starting with the bracket using sed command. eg. (cd /man/abc/def ; \ aaaaa bbbb (cd /man/aaaa/aa; \ op. aaaaa bbbb The "(cd /man" is to be consideres as the start. I tries the below thing, but it didnt worked. Can anyone help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -Replacing file path within .txt file

Hi, I am trying to use sed to replace a file path within all the .lay (.txt) files in a folder. I feel that this should be easy but I can't get it to work no matter what i try. I'm using cygwin. For a .txt file containing the below line I want to replace this file path with a new one. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carlr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - replacement file path with variable - Escaping / character

Hi,, I have the line below in a file: $!VarSet |LFDSFN1| = '"E:\APC\Trials\20140705_427_Prototype Trial\Data\T4_20140705_Trial_Cycle_Data_13_T_Norm.txt" "VERSION=100 FILEEXT=\"*.txt\" FILEDESC=\"General Text\" "+""+"TITLE{SEARCH=NONE NAME=\"New Dataset\" LINE=1I want to write a script to change... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlr
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use sed to insert character in the beginning of file path?

I need to manipulate one Database file on Solaris 11 in which contains more than 5000 lines of data file path like this: '/data1/oradata/DBNAME/system01.dbf', '/data7/oradata/DBNAME/undotbs1_01.dbf', '/data1/oradata/DBNAME/sysaux01.dbf', '/data28/oradata/DBNAME/userdata01.dbf', ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies
COLLATOR_ASORT(3)							 1							 COLLATOR_ASORT(3)

Collator::asort - Sort array maintaining index association

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool Collator::asort (array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool collator_asort (Collator $coll, array &$arr, [int $sort_flag]) This function sorts an array such that array indices maintain their correlation with the array elements they are associated with. This is used mainly when sorting associative arrays where the actual element order is significant. Array elements will have sort order according to current locale rules. Equivalent to standard PHP asort(3). PARAMETERS
o $coll -Collator object. o $arr -Array of strings to sort. o $sort_flag - Optional sorting type, one of the following: o Collator::SORT_REGULAR - compare items normally (don't change types) o Collator::SORT_NUMERIC - compare items numerically o Collator::SORT_STRING - compare items as strings Default $sort_flag value is Collator::SORT_REGULAR. It is also used if an invalid $sort_flag value has been specified. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 collator_asort(3)example <?php $coll = collator_create( 'en_US' ); $arr = array( 'a' => '100', 'b' => '50', 'c' => '7' ); collator_asort( $coll, $arr, Collator::SORT_NUMERIC ); var_export( $arr ); collator_asort( $coll, $arr, Collator::SORT_STRING ); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 'c' => '7', 'b' => '50', 'a' => '100', )array ( 'a' => '100', 'b' => '50', 'c' => '7', ) SEE ALSO
Collator constants, collator_sort(3), collator_sort_with_sort_keys(3). PHP Documentation Group COLLATOR_ASORT(3)