Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to limit output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to limit output Post 302293090 by bobk544 on Monday 2nd of March 2009 10:20:48 AM
Old 03-02-2009
Thanks very much ShawMilo i will give that a try, appreicate that!

BobK

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

group limit

hi, i have in my /etc/group an unix group full. i need to add new user in this group. users need to have the same gid and the same name... is it possible ? can i create a concatenation with an other group or something else ? thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farzolito
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there anyscript to limit ip..

Hello All. is there anyscript or way to limit hosts/ips for users? freebsd4.4-stable thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: star
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit command

I have installed vnc on my computer but do not want every one to be able to incite a vncserver how can I limit users of the vncserver command to only a specifc group? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory limit

I'm setting up a file server for users. Does anyone know how I can limit each users directory to 500MB? -------------- Runing Solaris 8 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to limit DIFF output

Hello is there a way to limit the number of lines output by the DIFF command? I tried -C 200 ect and -c but it continues to print out the whole huge file. Reason needed is i'm trying to do alot of DIFFs on a long list of files and would like to only get back an indicator which files are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group the output w/ limit

Hi All, Second time to post on this group :) I'm pulling my hair now 'coz I'm so dumb to produce this requirement. Requirement: I want to run a utility by limiting the no. inside my process (mov##) to be able to use in multi streaming. Here is my script: --Input: "user_list.txt"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvingo
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit output in awk

Hi All, I want to delimit the output using awk. For eg:: a,b,c,d,e,f abc,def,ghi should change to a|b|c|d|e|f abc|def|ghi Or to put in another way.. OFS will work in the following code if I seperate the values with comma (eg. $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6 ). But since the no. of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PRKS
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit the number of characters in a bash output

I have a script that outputs the weather on two lines. If possibly I would like to set a character limit on them Currently it outputs something like but I would like to limit the lines so appends an ellipsis if nescessary: This is the script #! /bin/bash curl -s --connect-timeout... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Light_
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit

Hi all, I'm using to Solaris machine. When I run a simple script this messenger come out:"limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit". Any one know the way to resolve this problem without reboot the machine? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabolist9
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limit the number of characters in bash output

Hi, I need some help with this: I'm making a script which does a couple of things with image files. The script is supposed to echo the number of each image it is processing like this: Processing image1.jpgThe problem is with images with very long filenames, so I want to know how to limit the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shadow_Reaper
5 Replies
TRACEROUTE(1)							   User Commands						     TRACEROUTE(1)

NAME
traceroute - Trace the route to a host SYNOPSIS
traceroute [OPTION...] HOST DESCRIPTION
Print the route packets trace to network host. -M, --type=METHOD use METHOD (`icmp' or `udp') for traceroute operations -p, --port=PORT use destination PORT port (default: 33434) -q, --tries=NUM send NUM probe packets per hop (default: 3) --resolve-hostnames resolve hostnames -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. AUTHOR
Written by Elian Gidoni. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-inetutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for traceroute is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and traceroute programs are properly installed at your site, the command info traceroute should give you access to the complete manual. GNU inetutils 1.9 December 2011 TRACEROUTE(1)