Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting exclude records with null fields Post 302292854 by vidyadhar85 on Sunday 1st of March 2009 08:25:06 PM
Old 03-01-2009
this will work .. but its not the efficient code Smilie
Code:

awk -F, '$4 !~ /^[0-9]/  && $4 !~ /^[ ]/ && $4!=""' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find null fields in file

Hi All, I have some csv files out of which i want to find records which have empty values in either the 14th or 16th fields. The following is a sample. $cut -d',' -f14,16 SPS* | head -5 VOIP_ORIG_INFO,VOIP_DEST_INFO sip:445600709315@sip.com,sip:999@sip.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding null records in data file

I am having a "|" delimited flat file and I have to pick up all the records with the 2nd field having null value. Please suggest. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 3 fields with null in the file

Hi, I have a file with 104 columns delimited by comma. I have to replace fields 4,5 and 19 with null values and after replacing the columns in the file , the file should be still comma delimited. I am new to shell scripting, Experts please help me out. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exclude multiple records

Hi I need to exclude multiple records in file .Using grep -v ,can exclude that record Ex: If want to exclude 0012777201,0012777202 use grep two times .Is there any command to achive this through single command ?( cann't use grep multiple times if need to exclude multiple records in husge... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out if few fields in a file are null

Hi, I've a pipe delimited file where I want to find out a number of lines where 1st 2nd and last field are null using awk/sed. Is it possible? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to Count Records with not null

Hi, I have a pipe seperated file I want to write a code to display count of lines that have 20th field not null. nawk -F"|" '{if ($20!="") print NR,$20}' xyz..txt This displays records with 20th field also null. I would like output as: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aligning output with null fields in shell script

Hello Gurus ! I have what probably amounts to a few simply changes to fix; however for the life of me I cannot seem to get it ti work. I need to align the output of my script (I am writing to a logfile)... here's the lines in my code: if then echo "NODE: $node" >> $logfile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX scripting for finding duplicates and null records in pk columns

Hi, I have a requirement.for eg: i have a text file with pipe symbol as delimiter(|) with 4 columns a,b,c,d. Here a and b are primary key columns.. i want to process that file to find the duplicates and null values are in primary key columns(a,b) . I want to write the unique records in which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenraj.1991
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select records and fields

Hi All I would like to modify a file like this: >antax gioq21 tris notes abcdefghij klmnopqrs >betax gion32 ter notes2 tuvzabcdef ahgskslsooin this: >tris abcdefghij klmnopqrs >ter tuvzabcdef ahgskslsoo So, I would like to remove the first two fields(and output field 3) in record... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fields shifting in file, do to null values?

The below code runs and creates an output file with three sections. The first 2 sections are ok, but the third section doesn't seem to put a . in all the fields that are blank. I don't know if this is what causes the last two fields in the current output to shift to a newline, but I can not seem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
DPKG-AWK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-AWK(1)

NAME
dpkg-awk - Utility to read a dpkg style db file SYNOPSIS
dpkg-awk [(-f|--file) filename] [(-d|--debug) ##] [(-s|--sort) list] [(-rs|--rec_sep) ??] '<fieldname>:<regex>' ... -- <out_fieldname> .. DESCRIPTION
dpkg-awk Parses a dpkg status file (or other similarly formatted file) and outputs the resulting records. It can use regex on the field values to limit the returned records, it can also be told which fields to output, and it can sort the matched fields. OPTIONS
-f filename --file filename The file to parse. The default is /var/lib/dpkg/status. -d [#] --debug [#] Each time this is specified, it increased the debug level. -s field(s) --sort field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields to sort on. -n field(s) --numeric field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields that should be interpreted as numeric in value. -rs ?? --rec_sep ?? Output this string at the end of each output paragraph. -h --help Display some help. fieldname The fields from the file, that are matched with the regex given. The fieldnames are case insensitive. out_fieldname The fields from the file, that are output for each record. If the first field listed begins with ^, then the list of fields that follows will NOT be output. BUGS
Be warned that the author has only a shallow understanding of the dpkg packaging system, so there are probably tons of bugs in this pro- gram. This program comes with no warranties. If running this program causes fire and brimstone to rain down upon the earth, you will be on your own. This program accesses the dpkg database directly in places, querying for data that cannot be gotten via dpkg. AUTHOR
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-AWK(1)