Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting seeking help with perl to read named.conf Post 302292703 by richsark on Sunday 1st of March 2009 12:19:20 PM
Old 03-01-2009
Hi !

Is there any reason why no one has helped me? Its hard to believe that I am the only one who needs or requested such a script.

Any comments?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't find named.conf to configuration DNS

Help me! I have problem. I can't find named.conf file in /etc (Solaris 5.6,SPRAC) Please! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nghia77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse "masters" ip from named.conf

Hi there, Im' trying to make a script to parse the BIND configuration file from my slave DNS server and obtain a certain parameter. The named.conf file has this format: zone "0.170.20.10.in-addr.arpa" { type slave; file "0/./db.0.170.20.10.in-addr.arpa.bak"; allow-notify {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Citricut
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl read and write to conf file

Hi Everyone, There is a perl file: a.pl ============ #!/usr/bin/perl my $config_file = $ARGV; open CONFIG, "$config_file" or die "Program stopping, couldn't open the configuration file '$config_file'.\n"; my $config = join "", <CONFIG>; close CONFIG; eval $config; die "Couldn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding missing files that are named sequentially with Perl?

Hello I am new to Perl, in fact I am on chapter one of the book. :) However I am in need of a Perl Script faster than I can finish the book. Perhaps someone can help me with my immediate need while I read my book. I have a directory with hundreds of files that are all named like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newftronics
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure smb.conf for read and copy access only

Hi there, I want to give access with samba to a folder but with read and copy rights but no write. I don't want somebody to be able to delete the files. I found the read only parameter but this doesn't allow the users to copy the files. Is there an option for this? The configuration looks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickboy
2 Replies

6. Solaris

BIND 9 ---> no /etc/named.conf file after installation

Hi I installed BIND 9 from dvd image of my Solaris 10 (SUNWbind, SUNWbindr) and when I try to start it(svcadm enable network/dns/server), it says there is no /etc/named.conf file. Why is it so ? Should not this file be created during installation phase ? Do I have to create it manually ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

C Program to search and read all named pipes in current directory

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program to search the current directory for all pipes. 1. It will print the pipe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natwickley
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Named.conf file missing Centos 5.

hello everyone, I have install centos 5 recently.The file /etc/named.conf not found. I have installed BIND using yum. so now what to do ?? should i create named.conf file manually ??? please help me. thanks, sharlin. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharlin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Compare zone files in directory with what is listed in named.conf

I would really appreciate any assistance that I can get here. I am fairly new to perl. I am trying to rewrite my shell scripts to perl. Currently I have a shell script (using sed, awk, grep, etc) that gets a list of all of the zone files in a directory and then looks in named.conf for what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX fifo concurrent read from a named pipe

I have created a fifo named pipe in solaris, which writes the content of a file, line by line, into pipe as below: $ mkfifo namepipe $ cat books.txt "how to write unix code" "how to write oracle code" $ cat books.txt >> namepipe & I have a readpipe.sh script which reads the named... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen mani
2 Replies
RESOLVCONF.CONF(5)					      System Manager's Manual						RESOLVCONF.CONF(5)

NAME
resolvconf.conf -- resolvconf configuration file DESCRIPTION
resolvconf.conf is the configuration file for resolvconf(8). The resolvconf.conf file is a shell script that is sourced by resolvconf(8), meaning that resolvconf.conf must contain valid shell commands. Listed below are the standard resolvconf.conf variables that may be set. After updating this file, you may wish to run resolvconf -u to apply the new configuration. RESOLVCONF OPTIONS
interface_order These interfaces will always be processed first. If unset, defaults to the following:- lo lo[0-9]* dynamic_order These interfaces will be processed next, unless they have a metric. If unset, defaults to the following:- tap[0-9]* tun[0-9]* vpn vpn[0-9]* ppp[0-9]* ippp[0-9]* search_domains Prepend search domains to the dynamically generated list. search_domains_append Append search domains to the dynamically generated list. domain_blacklist A list of domains to be removed from consideration. To remove a domain, you can use foo.* To remove a sub domain, you can use *.bar name_servers Prepend name servers to the dynamically generated list. You should set this to 127.0.0.1 if you use a local name server other than libc. name_servers_append Append name servers to the dynamically generated list. name_server_blacklist A list of name servers to be removed from consideration. The default is 0.0.0.0 as some faulty routers send it via DHCP. To remove a block, you can use 192.168.* private_interfaces These interfaces name servers will only be queried for the domains listed in their resolv.conf. Useful for VPN domains. This is equivalent to the resolvconf -p option. state_dir Override the default state directory of /run/resolvconf. This should not be changed once resolvconf is in use unless the old direc- tory is copied to the new one. LIBC OPTIONS
The following variables affect resolv.conf(5) directly:- resolv_conf Defaults to /etc/resolv.conf if not set. resolv_conf_options A list of libc resolver options, as specified in resolv.conf(5). resolv_conf_passthrough When set to YES the latest resolv.conf is written to resolv_conf without any alteration. resolv_conf_sortlist A libc resolver sortlist, as specified in resolv.conf(5). resolv_conf_local_only If a local nameserver is configured then the default is just to specify that and ignore all other entries as they will be configured for the local nameserver. Set this to YES to list them instead, if you need working DNS and the local nameserver stops functioning at the expense of duplicated server queries. SUBSCRIBER OPTIONS
openresolv ships with subscribers for the name servers dnsmasq(8), named(8), pdnsd(8) and unbound(8). Each subscriber can create configura- tion files which should be included in in the subscribers main configuration file. dnsmasq_conf This file tells dnsmasq which nameservers to use for specific domains. dnsmasq_resolv This file tells dnsmasq which nameservers to use for global lookups. Example resolvconf.conf for dnsmasq: nameservers=127.0.0.1 dnsmasq_conf=/etc/dnsmasq-conf.conf dnsmasq_resolv=/etc/dnsmasq-resolv.conf Example dnsmasq.conf: listen-address=127.0.0.1 conf-file=/etc/dnsmasq-conf.conf resolv-file=/etc/dnsmasq-resolv.conf named_options Include this file in the named options block. This file tells named which nameservers to use for global lookups. named_zones Include this file in the named global scope, after the options block. This file tells named which nameservers to use for specific domains. Example resolvconf.conf for named: nameservers=127.0.0.1 named_options=/etc/named-options.conf named_zones=/etc/named-zones.conf Example named.conf: options { listen-on { 127.0.0.1; }; include /etc/named-options.conf; }; include /etc/named-zones.conf; pdnsd_conf This is the main pdnsd configuration file which we modify to add our forward domains to. If this variable is not set then we rely on the pdnsd configuration file setup to read pdnsd_resolv as documented below. pdnsd_resolv This file tells pdnsd about global nameservers. If this variable is not set then it's written to pdnsd_conf. Example resolvconf.conf for pdnsd: nameservers=127.0.0.1 pdnsd_conf=/etc/pdnsd.conf # pdnsd_resolv=/etc/pdnsd-resolv.conf Example pdnsd.conf: global { server_ip = 127.0.0.1; status_ctl = on; } server { # A server definition is required, even if emtpy. label="empty"; proxy_only=on; # file="/etc/pdnsd-resolv.conf"; } unbound_conf This file tells unbound about specific and global nameservers. Example resolvconf.conf for unbound: nameservers=127.0.0.1 unbound_conf=/etc/unbound-resolvconf.conf Example unbound.conf: include: /etc/unbound-resolvconf.conf SEE ALSO
resolv.conf(5) and resolvconf(8). AUTHORS
Roy Marples <roy@marples.name> BUGS
Please report them to http://roy.marples.name/projects/openresolv BSD
March 19, 2012 BSD