Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script to display time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to display time Post 302292637 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 1st of March 2009 05:02:36 AM
Old 03-01-2009
is it homework?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to display last login date/time?

I was wondering if anyone had a script that would display the last time a user logged into a particular machine. I know about the "last" command, but it gives too much info.... I just wanted to know the last time a user used his/her id. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Ryan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryaneverett5
3 Replies

2. Programming

Help! Display Time with Millisecond

Hi All, Urgent! Just a newbie needing advice. Has anybody have a sample C script code in Unix to display time with milliseconds? Most of the research I'm doing is up to the seconds format only. Thanks! Leidail (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezlez
3 Replies

3. Solaris

display date n Time

Hi Friends, Can any one guide me regarding 'Display the date and time' command other than the command 'date' thanks n regards SsRrIi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SsRrIi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

display TIME - help

i an trying to display current time in the expect script. it works fine in normal shell script but does not in expect. can anybody help me with the synatx to display it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamcool
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to display time difference..

Hi i've written a script which reads last two line of the log file from N number of servers and send the mail by redirecting to a particular log file. And the two lines is displayed below. Oracle Q03 Begin Hot BACKUP Time: 07/23/08 18:35:46 Oracle Q03 End Hot BACKUP Time: 07/24/08 14:18:15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suri.tyson
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

display time required to complete running script

hi is there any way i can display a countdown time needed to run a script? like load a counter at the beginning of the script with the estimated time and display the counter decrementing till it finishes running the script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Shell script to display user logged in within given time

how can i know which users have logged in at specified given start and end time in 24 hour format? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meherzad4u
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to display user logged last week and time connected

Hello all, I want to display all the user logged last week and know the time tnat they are connected. I have been looking for a solution in the Forum, but I didn't find. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahernandez
4 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Display time in 12 hr format

Write a script named time that displays the time in standard 12-hour format, rather than 24-hour format. Allow the user to give a -m option to get 24-hour format. For example: > date Sun Feb 10 10:56:50 CST 2008 > time 10:56 AM > date Sun Feb 10 21:57:07 CST 2008 > time 9:57 PM >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish24
0 Replies
SET_TIME_LIMIT(3)							 1							 SET_TIME_LIMIT(3)

set_time_limit - Limits the maximum execution time

SYNOPSIS
bool set_time_limit (int $seconds) DESCRIPTION
Set the number of seconds a script is allowed to run. If this is reached, the script returns a fatal error. The default limit is 30 sec- onds or, if it exists, the max_execution_time value defined in the php.ini. When called, set_time_limit(3) restarts the timeout counter from zero. In other words, if the timeout is the default 30 seconds, and 25 seconds into script execution a call such as set_time_limit(20) is made, the script will run for a total of 45 seconds before timing out. PARAMETERS
o $seconds - The maximum execution time, in seconds. If set to zero, no time limit is imposed. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Warning This function has no effect when PHP is running in safe mode. There is no workaround other than turning off safe mode or changing the time limit in the php.ini. Note The set_time_limit(3) function and the configuration directive max_execution_time only affect the execution time of the script itself. Any time spent on activity that happens outside the execution of the script such as system calls using system(3), stream operations, database queries, etc. is not included when determining the maximum time that the script has been running. This is not true on Windows where the measured time is real. SEE ALSO
max_execution_time, max_input_time. PHP Documentation Group SET_TIME_LIMIT(3)