Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Post 302292584 by Corona688 on Saturday 28th of February 2009 06:53:16 PM
Old 02-28-2009
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is a security risk when set to directories that can be easily modified, but I don't see harm in setting it to /usr/lib/. I'm more curious whether LD_LIBRARY_PATH even works; if it still doesn't load, the library may be corrupted or incompatible for some reason. You could also try running /sbin/ldconfig as root in case that library's not cached yet for some reason.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Shared Object File

Hi All, I created the share object file using gcc -shared -fpic mypp.cpp -o myp.so but, pls tell me how to link this .so file to my client program. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy file from UNIX to shared directory

Hi, I want to copy a file from unix machine to a shared windows directory. i tried using the ftp command but i was able to transfer the file only to my local directory. Is there any way we can transfer/copy the files from unix to windows shared directory.......... Please help. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sireesha15
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to open a last modified file in a directory

how to directly open a last modified file in a directory? Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We are trying to install third party software on this unix server... Here is the error message we are getting... error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory It seems like odbc driver is not installed... >rpm -q unixODBC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

shared object

Hi, I would like to create a shared object ( .so). This shared object 1. uses the functions from a library. 2. Also it should be able to use the global variable in an app To achieve this what should I do ? 1) To use the functions in the library should I give the -ld option while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fatal: cannot open file `TNAME' for reading (No such file or directory)

Hi, I am running this command through a shell script and getting the error mentioned in the subject line: testing.awk -f x.txt TNAME My testing.awk file contains something like ++++++++++++++++++ #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN{ TAB_NAME="INSERT_ONE_" ARGV ; } if ( $1=="JAM_ONE" &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot open [No such file or directory]

I am seeking help on one script that I created to celan up database audit files. The error returned is $./clean_audit.sh: /opt/oracle/logs/audit_clean.log: cannot open The same script is working on other 2 or 3 servers. But not working on other 4 servers. All servers are Oracle Linux. Here is... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
21 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: cannot open file (No such file or directory)

Hello folks! I am new to Shell and awk scripting. This is my shell script that receives a string as an input from the user from the stdin. #!bin/sh printf "Enter your query\n" read query cmd=`echo $query | cut -f 1 -d " "` input_file=`echo $query | cut -f 2 -d " "` printf $input_file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiohead_
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot open shared object: when starting nrpe

Got this error when starting nrpe Starting nagios-nrpe: nagios-nrpe/usr/sbin/nrpe: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: Pls advise ---------- Post updated at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:05 PM ---------- os is Debian lenny ---------- Post updated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

10. Linux

Cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hi, While running tcpdump command on my Fedora 16 machine I am get shared library issue. # tcpdump tcpdump: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory # which tcpdump /usr/software/sbin/tcpdump I have tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
3 Replies
LDCONFIG(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       LDCONFIG(8)

NAME
ldconfig - configure dynamic linker run-time bindings SYNOPSIS
/sbin/ldconfig [-nNvXV] [-f conf] [-C cache] [-r root] directory... /sbin/ldconfig -l [-v] library... /sbin/ldconfig -p DESCRIPTION
ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the most recent shared libraries found in the directories specified on the command line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and in the trusted directories, /lib and /usr/lib (on some 64-bit architectures such as x86-64, lib and /usr/lib are the trusted directories for 32-bit libraries, while /lib64 and /usr/lib64 are used for 64-bit libraries). The cache is used by the run-time linker, ld.so or ld-linux.so. ldconfig checks the header and filenames of the libraries it encounters when determining which versions should have their links updated. ldconfig will attempt to deduce the type of ELF libraries (i.e., libc5 or libc6/glibc) based on what C libraries, if any, the library was linked against. Some existing libraries do not contain enough information to allow the deduction of their type. Therefore, the /etc/ld.so.conf file format allows the specification of an expected type. This is used only for those ELF libraries which we can not work out. The format is "dirname=TYPE", where TYPE can be libc4, libc5, or libc6. (This syntax also works on the command line.) Spaces are not allowed. Also see the -p option. ldconfig should normally be run by the superuser as it may require write permission on some root owned directories and files. OPTIONS
-c fmt, --format=fmt (Since glibc 2.2) Cache format to use: old, new, or compat (default). -C cache Use cache instead of /etc/ld.so.cache. -f conf Use conf instead of /etc/ld.so.conf. -i, --ignore-aux-cache (Since glibc 2.7) Ignore auxiliary cache file. -l (Since glibc 2.2) Library mode. Manually link individual libraries. Intended for use by experts only. -n Process only the directories specified on the command line. Don't process the trusted directories, nor those specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. Implies -N. -N Don't rebuild the cache. Unless -X is also specified, links are still updated. -p, --print-cache Print the lists of directories and candidate libraries stored in the current cache. -r root Change to and use root as the root directory. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. Print current version number, the name of each directory as it is scanned, and any links that are created. Overrides quiet mode. -V, --version Print program version. -X Don't update links. Unless -N is also specified, the cache is still rebuilt. FILES
/lib/ld.so Run-time linker/loader. /etc/ld.so.conf File containing a list of directories, one per line, in which to search for libraries. /etc/ld.so.cache File containing an ordered list of libraries found in the directories specified in /etc/ld.so.conf, as well as those found in the trusted directories. SEE ALSO
ldd(1), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 LDCONFIG(8)