Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How can i edit /etc/vfstab in single user mode Post 302292504 by kumarmani on Saturday 28th of February 2009 09:35:14 AM
Old 02-28-2009
Hi Duke

I tried the below command to mount the /

Quote:
#mount -o rw,remount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /
i tried it from CD and i am getting the below error , not sure if the issue is there with CD or with the drive

Quote:
Boot Device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0: f file and args:

Can't read disk label
Can't open disk label package

can,t open boot device

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode

Hi all, why "vi" acts differently is single user mode? Does anyone help ? I am using "x" to delete and it keeps messing up. Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Single user mode

Hi all, Well back at work and back to crashing systems again :-) Does anyone know where I can find some decent information on single user mode? I need to be able to fix a few things. Don't know if it's possible in single user mode but I need to fix the "etc/vfstab" mainly I re-wrote it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single-user mode

how do you boot into single user mode? RedHat 7.1 Caldera 2.4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorro81
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

Is there another way of switching to single user mode except by typing /usr/sbin/shutdown 0 ??? :rolleyes: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

How to diable the single user mode.. what i want is dat my users are unable to boot in single user mode via GRUB.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.jss
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Single user mode?

How to enter single user mode when UNIX/LINUX system is starting? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gkreddy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

8. Solaris

editing /etc/vfstab in single user mode

Hi Experts, My /etc/vfstab got corrupted and have no bootable CD or system , I can get into the system in maintenance mode however the root file system is in read only mode and i am unable to modify the /etc/vfstab. Is there any option through which i can modify the /etc/vfstab ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Single user mode

Hi all I am new on sun OS. I have have little experience on linux. The Story start from this point: I want to put some script on start-up the terminal, but I cant do that. my shell was sh and I tried so much to find way to do that. at last someone said to me change your shell to bash. I ask how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahim_T
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Single user mode

Dear All I am trying to install my os as : ok>boot cdrom - install but receiving the following : "IDprom checksum error getexecname() failed /sbin/rcS /etc/vfstab cannot create INIT:failed write utmpx enrty INIT:single user mode INIT:execle of /etc/sulogin failed Enter run level" Can you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
6 Replies
fsck_cachefs(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  fsck_cachefs(1M)

NAME
fsck_cachefs - check integrity of data cached with CacheFS SYNOPSIS
fsck -F cachefs [-m] [-o noclean] cache_directory DESCRIPTION
The CacheFS version of the fsck command checks the integrity of a cache directory.This utility corrects any CacheFS problems it finds by default. There is no interactive mode. The most likely invocation of fsck for CacheFS file systems is at boot time from an entry in the /etc/vfstab file. See vfstab(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -m Check, but do not repair. -o noclean Force a check on the cache even if there is no reason to suspect there is a problem. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using fsck_cachefs to Force a Check on the Cache Directory The following example forces a check on the cache directory /cache3: example% fsck -F cachefs -o noclean /cache3 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfsadmin(1M), fsck(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), vfstab(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2002 fsck_cachefs(1M)