Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Migration from HP-UX to Solaris/Linux Post 302292342 by DustBunny on Friday 27th of February 2009 02:57:25 PM
Old 02-27-2009
vbe is right.. I really wonder and ask you this question..

What did you find in Solaris/Linux which you did not find in HP-UX? Also, kapilraj's question is different..

He asked you what is the aim of this migration? and not the aim of posting the question here..

In case, you would like to upgrade from a 11.11 - 11.23 - 11.31 of HP-UX, members here can help you with pros and cons. Here the case is HP-UX - Solaris - Linux... The one who answers should be good in all the three to comment. Moreover, being good is not enough as we really dont know what you have in your setup. It depends on a lot of factors!

Finally, its very good to see that you try hard to find an ease way to migrate. But, that ease way would also be tough.. Since, migrating an entire setup is not so easy.. Depends on a lot of factors and your type of setup.

All the best!

-DB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Migration Solaris 5.8 to 10

Hi, it is necessary to make the migration of Solaris 5.8 for Solaris 10, would like to know which the best form to execute this task, if to be able to say me where I can arrange some manual that helps me to make this task. Thanks :o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bruno_a_correia
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris migration

Hi , There is going to be a server migration from Solaris 8.0 to Solaris10.0. Could anyone give me some tips and documents regarding the steps to be remembered,tips to be followed etc. like syntax differences any new changes to the existing commands and tools we use whatever the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Migration from solaris 8 to 10

Hello, We have upgraded our system from SunOS 5.8 to Solaris 10. I would like to know if the applications (written in c, c++, pro*c, java,..) running on the 5.8 can run on the Solaris 10 without code modification or the need to be recompiled ? thanks you for your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jidma
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Migration from AIX to Solaris

Hi All, We are planing to do a migration of our server from AIX 5.3 to Solaris (Linux). But we are not aware about the gap between the both and also impact of that gap. We want to migrate following things, - Common directories setup (like control-M, emer,sysout, and others) - Inbound &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinod369
1 Replies

5. Linux

Migration from solaris to linux

Hi, Currently I can able to access php script from solaris. I want to access from Linux I have done the following things: 1) I have copied all the scripts from solaris to linux. 2) I have installed php,mysql,apache. I tried with http://Hostname/username/test.php . This is not working .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP_UX to Linux migration

I need set of commands, names and location that differ between HPUX and Linux. I have the same for Solaris to Linux migration guide in Red book from IBM. I need for HPUX and Linux on the same lines. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script migration from Solaris to Linux.

We are migrating some scripts (ksh) from Solaris 10 to Linux 2.6.32. Can someone share list of changes i need to take care for this ? Have found few of them but i am looking for a exhaustive list. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Experience sharing and questions for NIS migration from Solaris 8 to Linux

I'd like to share some experiences and what I found for NIS migration from Solaris 8 NIS to Linux platform. I'm not an expert for both platforms, it's just when I tested both systems and found something really tricky. That might takes a lot of time for you to find the root cause. So, I think I can... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
11 Replies

10. Solaris

Migration from AIX to Solaris

We are going to work on a project which aims at migrating set of applications from AIX to Solaris. The major portion of the source code involves C, C++, Shell/PERL scripts and Oracle database. We are grateful hear about any commercial tools available for porting AIX to Solaris. Another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Namitap
2 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)