Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with mutliple sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with mutliple sed Post 302292112 by Franklin52 on Friday 27th of February 2009 02:46:32 AM
Old 02-27-2009
A solution with awk:

Code:
awk '
BEGIN {
  FS=OFS="|"
  a="JAN,FEB,MAR,APR,MAY,JUN,JUL,AUG,SEP,OCT,NOV,DEC"
  split(a,m,",")
  for(i=1;i<13;i++)
    n[m[i]]=i
}
{split($5,d,"-");$5=sprintf("%02d/%s/%s",n[d[2]],d[1],d[3])}
{split($6,d,"-");$6=sprintf("%02d/%s/%s",n[d[2]],d[1],d[3])}
{split($17,d,"-");$17=sprintf("%02d/%s/%s",n[d[2]],d[1],d[3])}
{print}' file

Use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed - print mutliple lines

I have the following input -- appl = host = user = / pid = 76 elapsed = 0.000 seconds server_elapsed = 2.999 select emp_no, dept_no from emp where empname like 'Rob%' and empno=10 ; -- appl = host = user = / pid = 76 elapsed = 0.000 seconds server_elapsed = 0.999 select emp_no, dept_no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlearner
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying mutliple fields on command line

This is probably the dumbest question you guys can get, but I'm trying, as a complete noob, to display the unix calendar for all the months without Saturday and Sunday showing. How can I remove those fields without having to type all the fields in individually such as: cal -y | awk '{print $2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trellot
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process mutliple files in the same directory

I have over 900 files that have the same name except for a unique numeric assignment. For all files I would like to cut the 2nd column and paste all into one new file. All in bash. sample input format for each file: 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 sample command for what I want to do: cut -d' ' -f2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: epi8
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mutliple files in the same directory

I have over 900 files that have the same name except for a unique numeric assignment. For all files I would like to cut the 2nd column and paste all into one new file. All in bash. sample input format for each file: 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 sample command for what I want to do: cut -d' ' -f2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: epi8
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Mulitple files mutliple actions

Hi all, I have mistkanely gzipped twice an entire folder and sub folders, and also renamed the files during that process. I am trying to undo this, and I need help to create the batch to work on it. All folders are under my images directory, I have a output.txt file that holds all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set mutliple words variable from command line

I'm writing a script (C shell) to search for a pattern in file. For example scriptname pattern file1 file2 filenN I use for loop to loop through arguments argv, and it does the job if all arguments are supplied. However if only one argument is supplied (in that case pattern ) it should ask to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patryk44
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing mutliple commands in Unix

Hi I always do a ftp in Unix to bring in a file from Mainframes. Then run a set of commands say 8 commands one by one to execute the brought in file. Upon completion of this commands, the data from the file gets transfered to Mainframe database. The problem is i can execute only 1 file at a time.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnelatur
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk with mutliple filed separators

I try to trim a FTP log using awk, but the escape sequences does not work the way I want it. Input data Wed 3Oct10 21:48:00 - (002117) Sent file d:\ftp\home\tools\htmake.rar successfully (48.2 kB/sec - 40997 Bytes) Wed 3Oct10 22:25:46 - (002118) Sent file d:\ftp\files\main\oct\camera1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print mutliple patterns in a line using sed

Hi, I am trying to print multiple patterns in a line using sed. But it is printing only the last occurance of a pattern. If the line is the the output should be Lookup Procedure|Stored proc But the output I am getting is Stored proc The code I am using is echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load mutliple files into Netezza table

Hi All, I get ~1000 files everyday and the current unix script process one file at a time... like it unzips the file, loads into table . This process will repeat how many ever files were present in the directory. I was wondering can we process multiple files (like unzipping and loading X amount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasony
1 Replies
apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::APR:UserkContributed Peapache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::APR::BucketAlloc(3)

NAME
APR::BucketAlloc - Perl API for Bucket Allocation Synopsis use APR::BucketAlloc (); $ba = APR::BucketAlloc->new($pool); $ba->destroy; Description "APR::BucketAlloc" is used for bucket allocation. "new" Create an "APR::BucketAlloc" object: $ba = APR::BucketAlloc->new($pool); class: "APR::BucketAlloc" arg1: $pool ( "APR::Pool object" ) The pool used to create this object. ret: $ba ( "APR::BucketAlloc object" ) The new object. since: 2.0.00 This bucket allocation list (freelist) is used to create new buckets (via "APR::Bucket->new") and bucket brigades (via "APR::Brigade->new"). You only need to use this method if you aren't running under httpd. If you are running under mod_perl, you already have a bucket allocation available via "$c->bucket_alloc" and "$bb->bucket_alloc". Example: use APR::BucketAlloc (); use APR::Pool (); my $ba = APR::BucketAlloc->(APR::Pool->pool); my $eos_b = APR::Bucket::eos_create($ba); "destroy" Destroy an "APR::BucketAlloc object": $ba->destroy; arg1: $ba ( "APR::BucketAlloc object" ) The freelist to destroy. ret: no return value since: 2.0.00 Once destroyed this object may not be used again. You need to destroy $ba only if you have created it via "APR::BucketAlloc->new". If you try to destroy an allocation not created by this method, you will get a segmentation fault. Moreover normally it is not necessary to destroy allocators, since the pool which created them will destroy them during that pool's cleanup phase. See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.16.2 2011-02apache_mod_perl-108~358::mod_perl-2.0.7::docs::api::APR::BucketAlloc(3)