Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create directories from a sql file? Post 302291823 by tezarin on Thursday 26th of February 2009 11:24:51 AM
Old 02-26-2009
quirkasaurus,

Thanks so much, that's exactly what I needed. Can you please let me know if I used your command correctly?

This is what I did: I created a new file and named it frogs. Then, inside it I pasted the code below:

grep 'CREATE TABLE' galleries.sql |
while read create table gallery junk ; do

echo mkdir $gallery

done

I run this file and the result (echo) was exactly as I needed.

So, I run frogs | ksh and one directory gets created.

The thing is galleries.sql was a table so I only got one category. So what I did was I use this program on a database.sql, it'll create the directory AND all the subdirectories.

Thanks again, you've been really helpful, I really appreciate it :-)

Tez

Last edited by tezarin; 02-26-2009 at 12:39 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create directories

Hi... Can any1 help me by telling me the way to create multiple directories using single command.... to create 1 directory.. mkdir is used.... :D but how to create multiple direcs. like 4 direc. i tried .... $ mkdir a; mkdir b; mkdir c; mkdir d But its 4 commands in a single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abishekmag
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To create a file writing a SQL into it from another file

Hi, I have a file in which I have database information along with 1 SELECT statement. Only 1 statement would be there. I want to grep this SELECT STATEMENT only and write into a separate file. Input File format: Database_Name:<database> Schema_Name:<schema> Table_Name:<table> Select *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I create a CSV file from PL/Sql in UNIX?

Can someone help me on creating a script that will manage/create a csv file from Pl/Sql using UNIX?Any advice is welcome,thank you so much,:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrap
2 Replies

5. Programming

create a spool file based on values passed from korn shell to sql script

this is my issue. 4 parameters are passed from korn shell to sql script. parameter_1= varchar2 datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_2= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_3= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_4= number datatype or no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a dummy file in all directories that include a .jpg

Hello. My latest project has me with the need for the following script. Basically, any directory that includes a .jpg file needs to also have a ".picture" file created (if it doesn't exist). Here's an example of what I need. /mnt/user/Pictures/2011/Hawaii - 2011/.picture... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinator
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create tgz file for all the directories in one time?

Hi, On server there is an one folder . which contains sub folder Eg - TEST folder contains test1, test2, execr ,tt (folder). also includes some text file like abc.txt psp.txt gg.log. here iwant to create tgz file for all the folders and file in one time. I know the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create SQL DML insert statements from file using AWK or similar

Hi all. This is my first post on this forum. I've previously found great help in the huge knowledgebase that is here, but this time I have not been able to find a solution to my problem. I have a large text file that looks like this: typedef struct ABC_struct_nbr1_ { char attr1; /*... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagi Uda
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with create multiple directories under diff file systems

Hi, Need help ...I want to create multiple directories in different /file systems using for loop..eg.../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/ctl. ../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/data. ../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/redo. Script :- ========= for dir in `ls -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux6.5
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to create sub directories from specific file extension

In the bash below I am trying to create sub-directories inside a directory from files with specific .bam extensions. There may be more then one $RDIR ing the directory and the .bam file(s) are trimmed (removing the extension and IonCode_0000_) and the result is the folder name that is saved in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
MDBTools(1)															       MDBTools(1)

NAME
mdb-sql - SQL interface to MDB Tools SYNOPSIS
mdb-sql [-HFp] [-d delimiter] [-i file] [-o file] [database] DESCRIPTION
mdb-sql is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools. mdb-sql allows querying of an MDB database using a limited SQL subset language. OPTIONS
-H Supress header row. -F Supress footer row. -p Turn off pretty printing. By default results are printed in an ascii table format which looks nice but is not conducive to manipu- lating the output with unix tools. This option prints output plainly in a tab separated format. -d Specify an alternative column delimiter. If no delimiter is specified, columns will be delimited by a tab character if pretty print- ing (-p) is turned off. If pretty printing is enabled this option is meaningless. -i Specify an input file. This option allows an input file containing the SQL to be passed to mdb-sql. See Notes. -o Specify an output file. This option allows the name of an output file to be used instead of stdout. COMMANDS
mdb-sql in interactive mode takes some special commands. connect to <database> If no database was specified on the command line this command is necessary before any querys are issued. It also allows the switch- ing of databases once in the tool. disconnect Will disconnect from the current database. go Each batch is sent to the parser using the 'go' command. reset A batch can be cleared using the 'reset' command. list tables The list tables command will display a list of available tables in this database, similar to the mdb-tables utility on the command line. describe table <table> Will display the column information for the specified table. quit Will exit the tool. SQL LANGUAGE
The currently implemented SQL subset is quite small, supporting only single table queries, no aggregates, and limited support for WHERE clauses. Here is a brief synopsis of the supported language. select: SELECT [* | <column list>] FROM <table> WHERE <where clause> column list: <column> [, <column list>] where clause: <column> <operator> <literal> [AND <where clause>] operator: =, =>, =<, <>, like, <, > literal: integers, floating point numbers, or string literal in single quotes NOTES
When passing a file (-i) or piping output to mdb-sql the final 'go' is optional. This allow constructs like echo "Select * from Table1" | mdb-sql mydb.mdb to work correctly. The -i command can be passed the string 'stdin' to test entering text as if using a pipe. ENVIRONMENT
MDB_JET3_CHARSET Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1). MDBICONV Defines the output charset. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv. MDBOPTS semi-column separated list of options: o use_index o no_memo o debug_like o debug_write o debug_usage o debug_ole o debug_row o debug_props o debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options HISTORY
mdb-sql first appeared in MDB Tools 0.3. SEE ALSO
gmdb2(1) mdb-export(1) mdb-hexdump(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-ver(1) mdb-array(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-parsecsv(1) mdb-schema(1) mdb-tables(1) AUTHORS
The mdb-sql utility was written by Brian Bruns. BUGS
The supported SQL syntax is a very limited subset and deficient in several ways. 0.7 13 July 2013 MDBTools(1)