Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: entry in /etc/hosts
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat entry in /etc/hosts Post 302291798 by mig28mx on Thursday 26th of February 2009 10:40:28 AM
Old 02-26-2009
entry in /etc/hosts

Hello all,
I´m on Red Hat Enterprise Server 4.5
I´m wondering if it is possible to disable the need to add every IP machine entry in the file /etc/hosts to allow it to connect to Red hat?

I´m getting "where are you?" message. This is solved adding the machine ip where I´m working.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Hi! Im trying to use host.allow & host.deny to resrtic access to my sun machine, but it doesnt seem to work... I want to allow full access from certain IP´s (ssh,http,ftp,etc...) but deny all kind of conections from outsideworld, the way that im doing that is: hosts.allow ALL:127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorrento
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.allow and hosts.deny

Hello everyone, This is my first posts and I did search for a questions but did not find a question that answered my question unless of course I overlooked it. I'm running Solaris 8. I use ssh for the users but I have a user called "chatterbox" that uses telnet but I need for chatterbox to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huddlestonsnk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete entry from /etc/hosts file ?

Hi there I have a requirement where i have to globally remove a hosts file entry from all boxes e.g. 10.01.10.1 my_server1 normally for 'in-line' editing of files without passing it out to another fle and copying it back etc which is messy, Ive been using the fantastic "perl -pi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.deny entry

Hello I want to block individuals who attempt to use ssh to loggon to one of my machines from a certain IP address. I added the following entry in hosts.deny. Will the entry do what I want to do? ssh: 202.111.128.225 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Hosts file ignored, no DNS entry but still routes!!

Hi all, I have an entry in my hosts file on a server called tractor as follows: 10.67.34.128 digger-m2m digger I have a DNS server configured but it doesn't seem to know about digger. When I do an nslookup on tractor for digger i get the following: new_dns1.oam.uk can't find digger: Non... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
0 Replies

6. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking crontab job entry in 3 different hosts

Hi Gurus, I am trying to connect to remote host from current host to check crontab entries. I have started like this ssh -n -l db2psp 205.191.156.17 ". ~/.profile >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; cd log ;ls | wc -l" I got this error ? ssh: connect to host 205.191.156.17 port 22:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocking77
1 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". It is designed to be used in a non-interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Net- work Classic --username The username to register the system with under Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an exist- ing Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Spacewalk / Red Hat Satellite / Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)